Sponsored

22 wrangler order date, vin and actual deliveries.

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2014 Dodge Dart GT
Occupation
Jeep Builder
How are they not accurate? All crypto knows is when someone registered a VIN, what the user-specified order date is, and when crypto first detected the build sheet / window sticker.

Note that build sheets only seem to be generated on weekdays. Window stickers don't seem to have that limitation.
I've tracked both at the same time with my own Jeep. That's how I know.

Basically what I'm saying is, the timing is off. That's all. I never got a build sheet or a window sticker until DAYS after mine rolled off the line. There was no build sheet as SOON as it hit assembly and no window sticker as SOON as it was invoiced.

It was probably just a hypothesis.
Sponsored

riptide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ (GoldBanditTJ), 2022 JLUR XR (Riptide_JL)
Considering canceling an order - dealer rep doesn't pick up the phone, has not responded to couple emails (requesting whether Jeep is in D or D1 status). And I've been careful to limit contact to once every other week - I really have no desire to be a pest, but at the same time I don't like being ignored. These are expensive vehicles! I think I'd have a better chance checking out-of-state dealers and snagging one when an opportunity arises.

I don't know - am I being unfair to the dealer? DOes it matter? POC was not a buyer order promising to buy...
Iā€™m in a similar situation. I searched for ā€œlocalā€ inventory on the Jeep website and found a dealer in WV that has a comparable order thatā€™s in transit. The dealer was very motivated to get my business. Sometimes itā€™s worth exploring your options, especially if your dealer doesnā€™t care to keep you as a customer.

Shanwowsd

First Name
shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
My Rubi XR entered JB on 4/7 (saw build sheet that eve)...just curious, how long was yours in JB before your sticker was available and ready to ship? Thanks.
we are about on the same timeline. ordered 2/8, build sheet 4/6 and in JB 4/7. Rubi XR with half doors so hoping it is not stuck in there too long. curious where you are having yours shipped?

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I've tracked both at the same time with my own Jeep. That's how I know.

Basically what I'm saying is, the timing is off. That's all. I never got a build sheet or a window sticker until DAYS after mine rolled off the line. There was no build sheet as SOON as it hit assembly and no window sticker as SOON as it was invoiced.

It was probably just a hypothesis.
I'm not sure how their timing could be off. From what I understand they update every hour, so they're giving the most accurate timings that are available.

I scrape jeep's content once a day since I'm pummeling it with 1.6 to 1.8 million requests. I don't have the luxury of knowing which of the 31 possible VIN combinations are appropriate for a given sequence number.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
OK how do we qualify for these programs? I do not have any type of coupon code from CJD that I am aware of. Does that mean I do not qualify?
If you haven't received an Email that includes a code then you don't qualify. No one outside of Corporate seems to know what prompts an Email being sent.

Sponsored

emBARK

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU Rubicon
If you haven't received an Email that includes a code then you don't qualify. No one outside of Corporate seems to know what prompts an Email being sent.
Who does the actual email come from?

antho0210v

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU 3.0
For me? This is the 4th wrangler I have ordered over the span of 20yrsā€¦..AND the longest I have waited. Ordered on 12/11/21. It is 4/12/22 AND still in D1. Been in D1 since 12/12/21ā€¦ nothing crazy on my order. Go ahead use the tracking op on here. Eco2022 is my Jeepā€™s name. I have watched similar wranglers ordered and deliveredā€¦ while mine sits. Jeep is failing.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

- your buildsheet WILL NOT be available until your Jeep is already rolling down the assembly line being build.

- your Windowsticker WILL NOT be available until your Jeep is built, invoiced to the dealer, and sitting in storage, ready to ship.
Build sheet WILL NOT be available until after itā€™s built and in JB (body vendor)
I've got a crapload of data around this and I'm trying to make sense of it. I guess the difference between your original statement (being built) and the subsequent one (in JB) would, at most, be a single day, so it might not be significant for my analysis.

A big chunk of window stickers get created on the same day as the build sheet. Window stickers are then produced at a significant clip for the following eight days, at which point they drop off by nearly an order of magnitude.

I currently show 7 build sheets that were created 21 days ago that still don't have an associated window sticker.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Who does the actual email come from?
I last received one about 6 weeks ago and deleted it. I don't remember exactly what department sent it but it came from Jeep Corporate.

Sponsored

JRN95

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So Iā€™ll jump on and post my updates for those following along trying to time their builds. I ordered a heavily optioned 2022 JLUR.

3/18/22: Order Date
3/23/22: VIN
3/29/22: Jeep welcome email
4/4/22: Jeep Chat - "Parts are being gathered for your order, once all parts are available your order will be scheduled for production."

4/12/22: Jeep Chat - "I am showing that your order is scheduled for production and will enter build shortly. At this time we can advise checking back next week for an update."

StinGrayRXR

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR Sting Gray - Ordered 2/10/22
Clubs

we are about on the same timeline. ordered 2/8, build sheet 4/6 and in JB 4/7. Rubi XR with half doors so hoping it is not stuck in there too long. curious where you are having yours shipped?
Hey thereā€¦our Jeeps must be getting to know each other at the body vendor. Mine is being shipped to Idaho. Did you buy locally? We may end up on the same train for part of the journey. What color did you go with?

Edit: Iā€™m dumbā€¦color in your profile pic.

Redled

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JlU Rubicon tapped out for 2021 Rubicon 392
I tapped out. 11.30.21 22 Rubicon order with no progress past D. Guesstimate is June / July from dealer. Not right.
Reading posts from others on delivery purgatory was a deciding factor.

2021 392 should be at my driveway by Thursday. I had to change a couple of mods purchased as a result but worth it. Looking forward to planning trips and not being forever frustrated.

Best wishes to everyone on their builds. See you on the trails.
So the 392 is in transport and should arrive on Thursday. Canā€™t wait!
Not surprisingly, some of my mods are back ordered. Some 8-12 weeks. Iā€™m only a few weeks out on most. I would suggest others plan ahead while you wait. šŸ˜Š filled the wait for me.
Distinction with the manufacturers for my mods is COMMUNICATION and UPDATES across the board.
Most mods have come earlier than estimated dates.

It would be better for Jeep to just say 6 months for a build with the small note at the end ā€œif you get it sooner your one of the lucky ones chosen from the bingo drum.ā€ ā€œG1ā€ errr ā€˜D1ā€ šŸ˜Š

BW20

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Sport
Occupation
Compliance Officer
Ordered: 1/16
VIN: 1/18
Arrived at Dealer: 4/11

85 days from order to arrival at dealer. I pick it up tomorrow!

park_place

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator
Considering canceling an order - dealer rep doesn't pick up the phone, has not responded to couple emails (requesting whether Jeep is in D or D1 status). And I've been careful to limit contact to once every other week - I really have no desire to be a pest, but at the same time I don't like being ignored. These are expensive vehicles! I think I'd have a better chance checking out-of-state dealers and snagging one when an opportunity arises.

I don't know - am I being unfair to the dealer? DOes it matter? POC was not a buyer order promising to buy...
So I let the dealer know that I'm going to look at other JLURs. Approached a few dealers and I basically learned: "Never buy a Jeep in Florida!" Lol! One dealer said it wouldn't go below MSRP, and I texted "Even if I brought a certified check for $XX,XXX this weekend?" (Wasn't really gonna - ha!) And the response was "Absolutely not." Something about hearing a businessman use the words "absolutely not" makes me cringe. And a little sad...

But I did put in another order with another dealer, out-of-state. The clock resets for me, but it's ok. I'm getting the Xtreme Recon package while paying almost the exact price the first dealer wanted. And this should save me even more money as I don't have to go aftermarket for regearing (4.56 or 4.88), wheels, tires (35s or 37s), lift kit, tazer, maybe big-brake kit if 37s, and upgraded steering components.

So enough fun shopping for Jeeps. I pray it arrives in a reasonable amount of time. I swear before God and the good members of this forum: I shall not purchase another vehicle for as long as this JLUR runs and is safe; and may that period be at least 15 years and 200,000 miles.

Good night all, and good luck to everybody with their orders
Sponsored