Sponsored

22 wrangler order date, vin and actual deliveries.

BlueSteel_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Picked up last night!! Hydro Blue looks even better in person. Love this Jeep so far! Full timeline from order to pick up:

12/20 - ordered
1/6 - D
2/4 - D1
2/22 - estimated ship date of 3/7
3/9 - build sheet and window sticker
4/8 - arrived at dealer

2 Door Rubicon, Hydro Blue, 6 Speed Manual T, Black Hard Top, Cold Weather, and Tow Packages.

Jeep Wrangler JL 22 wrangler order date, vin and actual deliveries. 9AE4D92F-BAC8-44F5-8A6B-A131A67B623B

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
If the VIN is assigned, the vehicle will be built. You can cancel your order with your dealer at any time. Whether you put a deposit down, if it’s refundable, etc. is dependent on your specific deal.
From what I was told, if you place an order and a VIN was created, the dealer is on the hook for the vehicle. They will have to take delivery and sell the vehicle when they get it. At least that is the way I understand it. I made an order on 2/28 for a Willys and then realized that ordering a Sahara with more standard options was not much more.

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
10/28 Placed order.

02/07 Build Sheet generated.

02/26 Jeep Chat advised vehicle entered shipping stage showing 03/09 eta to dealership.

03/16 Jeep Chat advised vehicle in shipping stage, no eta.

04/07 Jeep arrived at dealership.

04/08 My salesman (Travis) came in on his day off just to deliver my vehicle so I would have it for a spring break trip that begins tomorrow.

Tri-City Chrysler Jeep Dodge Inc
Eden, NC

Jeep Wrangler JL 22 wrangler order date, vin and actual deliveries. 9AE4D92F-BAC8-44F5-8A6B-A131A67B623B
Congratulations! Happy to see more Tri-City customers taking delivery as of lately. I picked up mine from Travis last Saturday (ordered 11/23). Holler if you ever want to hit Uwharrie.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

From what I was told, if you place an order and a VIN was created, the dealer is on the hook for the vehicle. They will have to take delivery and sell the vehicle when they get it. At least that is the way I understand it. I made an order on 2/28 for a Willys and then realized that ordering a Sahara with more standard options was not much more.
Where "on the hook for the vehicle" means that they have a vehicle on the lot. That's incredibly rare (read: valuable) in most of the country.

Sponsored

CJ SCION

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD Hardtop, 2016 JK 2-door Ragtop
Occupation
Tired Again
Cancel whenever you want with the possibility of losing any down payment (depends on your dealer).

There's usually no risk to not cancel and lots of potential to pocket some significant cash when it finally arrives. These rigs are in high demand.
Wondering what you consider to be considerable cash and how the person ordering the vehicle morphs the order into considerable cash for their pocket. If the dealer chooses to load your pocket, woohoo. On the other hand, the dealer can say buy it or not. Buying the vehicle, paying the sales tax and reselling for a profit is questionable.

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Cancel whenever you want with the possibility of losing any down payment (depends on your dealer).

There's usually no risk to not cancel and lots of potential to pocket some significant cash when it finally arrives. These rigs are in high demand.
I hear of people doing this. I’ve never did it before. So, I guess a person can take delivery of the new vehicle & then sell it for a profit possibly?

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
The dealer called yesterday afternoon to tell me that the General Manager has been talking to the Jeep regional manager and Jeep is trying to locate it.
Well, the story line continues...
Now, even though the Jeep logging system says my JLR left the Toledo lot for my dealer on March 25, Jeep is now saying that it really didn't leave Toledo after all, just may have been moved to another lot, or could be in the same lot it was in, rather than being shipped to my dealer. Oh and well, the lots are full of Wranglers, so it will take some time for them to look through the lots to find it. The GM said to the Jeep rep that if it is still in Toledo, he would like to send someone up there to get it, since it was supposed to be shipped and well, its been sitting there almost three months now. Of course Jeep said 'NO' to that. So then the GM asks when they would ship it out and was told 'no ETA'. Almost three months in shipping now.
Honestly - I give up.

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Wondering what you consider to be considerable cash and how the person ordering the vehicle morphs the order into considerable cash for their pocket. If the dealer chooses to load your pocket, woohoo. On the other hand, the dealer can say buy it or not. Buying the vehicle, paying the sales tax and reselling for a profit is questionable.
This is what I was wondering as well ^^^

CJ SCION

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD Hardtop, 2016 JK 2-door Ragtop
Occupation
Tired Again
Well, the story line continues...
Now, even though the Jeep logging system says my JLR left the Toledo lot for my dealer on March 25, Jeep is now saying that it really didn't leave Toledo after all, just may have been moved to another lot, or could be in the same lot it was in, rather than being shipped to my dealer. Oh and well, the lots are full of Wranglers, so it will take some time for them to look through the lots to find it. The GM said to the Jeep rep that if it is still in Toledo, he would like to send someone up there to get it, since it was supposed to be shipped and well, its been sitting there almost three months now. Of course Jeep said 'NO' to that. So then the GM asks when they would ship it out and was told 'no ETA'. Almost three months in shipping now.
Honestly - I give up.
Wow, must be quite frustrating. Hoping the best for your delivery and piece of mind too.

Sponsored

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Where "on the hook for the vehicle" means that they have a vehicle on the lot. That's incredibly rare (read: valuable) in most of the country.
Yes, the dealer doesn't think they will have any trouble selling the Willys I ordered. It has the 6-speed manual, and they are impossible to find, at least in the Dayton Ohio area.

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
Ask your dealer. Every dealer may have a different answer. I asked my dealer since it’s been 5 months for me in D. He said they’ll probably just keep the order in case I change my mind and just sell it on the lot when it comes in. I think they’re having a hard time getting lot orders in.
My dealer claims customer orders have higher priority than dealer orders and every dealer would do fake orders to artificially increase inventory if there were no repercussions. To prevent fake orders, FCA penalizes special orders that aren't purchased by the order.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

My point is that you don't have to make those decisions now. You can wait until it gets delivered and see what the market conditions are like at that point in time.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Yes, the dealer doesn't think they will have any trouble selling the Willys I ordered. It has the 6-speed manual, and they are impossible to find, at least in the Dayton Ohio area.
Manuals, unfortunately, have become very rare. As of 2am today:
4D Automatic
83.8%​
2D Automatic
12.0%​
4D Manual
2.6%​
2D Manual
1.5%​
Sponsored

Reactions: J0E