Sponsored

22 wrangler order date, vin and actual deliveries.

HydroblueLA

First Name
Alice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Altitude on order
Confession time.
I cheated on my build today and test drove a sweet 392 on a local lot. Jeep better hurry up and build mine before I do something stupid. I feel like this might be the most dysfunctional relationship I’ve ever been in. And that’s saying a lot.
I saw a 392 in the wild today … the first one I’ve seen here. It was quite a looker!
Sponsored

Jimmy B

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Unlimited Sahara
Confession time.
I cheated on my build today and test drove a sweet 392 on a local lot. Jeep better hurry up and build mine before I do something stupid. I feel like this might be the most dysfunctional relationship I’ve ever been in. And that’s saying a lot.
Curious what you thought of the 392. Spent a lot of time deciding between the 392 and the 4xe. I decided the 4xe would be a better choice as my daily driver. Still not sure if I made the right choice. What is your original order?

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
Confession time.
I speak for all of those with custom builds on order when I say *gasp*

As penance for your sins, you must replace 5 aux batteries and duck 10 Jeeps.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like this might be the most dysfunctional relationship I’ve ever been in. And that’s saying a lot.
That’s what he said 😂😂😂

JeepVet74

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes AMG SLC43; 2022 392 XR
Curious what you thought of the 392. Spent a lot of time deciding between the 392 and the 4xe. I decided the 4xe would be a better choice as my daily driver. Still not sure if I made the right choice. What is your original order?
My original order is a JLU XR. I half-regretted not ordering a 392 but I’d never driven one. Plus I have a low tolerance for really loud noise.
Overall, I liked it. Not in love with it though. It was already tricked out with winch, 37s and beadlocks. But I just can’t justify 92K for a Jeep. A Porsche or another Mercedes, maybe. But not a Jeep. Again, that’s just my opinion. I don’t fault anyone for buying one.

Sponsored

Agr1144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 10th Anniversary
11/16 order here and still in D. Jeep Chat has been worthless, telling me to go to my dealer for information, and my dealer has no updates and can't get any information from their regional rep. I'm nearing the 5 month mark and the end of my vehicle lease. I had to extend my existing lease by a month today just so I didn't run out of time and still had a vehicle while I get a new one lined up. Never did I think that in November that I would be cutting it this close to the end of my lease. Thought I'd be in my new Hydro Blue Wrangler by this point.

With no prospects of hitting D1 in the near future, I took to searching "nearby" dealers for a comparable Rubicon Unlimited Xtreme Recon. The dealer search on the Jeep website was actually helpful and led me to two options. The one option that stood out the most is a 4 hour drive from me, but it's almost exactly what I had on order (minus the integrated offroad camera, cold air intake, steel bumper group, safety group and advanced safety group). The integrated offroad camera and cold air intake I could really do without. The advanced safety group I could kind of do without (heard it makes replacing a windshield a real pain.) The steel bumpers I wanted but am not opposed to aftermarket at this point. The safety group I really wanted, but I think I can add it from what I found online. Most importantly, it has the LED light group, the cold weather group and the trailer tow packages (all of which were a must for me). Even has the Sky One Touch top, which I wanted.

So I just signed a purchase agreement and put a deposit down for this '22 Rubicon Unlimited Xtreme Recon in Hydro Blue (cold weather group, trailer tow package, LED light group, Sky One Touch top, painted fenders and Gorilla Glass). Dealer is showing that it's in KZ status so hopefully it arrives in the next few weeks so I can head down and pick her up. Hopefully if I ever decide to factory order from Jeep again, it's not the nightmare this whole ordeal has been.
Good luck. It makes no sense at all. Ordered a Sahara V6 auto with most options but no Mopar add ons that might slow the build (like the mopar floor mats) on 11/24. Still in D today after more than 4 months. JC is no help, dealer not real helpful either. Crazy how some are built almost immediately and others are passed over.

riptide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ (GoldBanditTJ), 2022 JLUR XR (Riptide_JL)
Good luck. It makes no sense at all. Ordered a Sahara V6 auto with most options but no Mopar add ons that might slow the build (like the mopar floor mats) on 11/24. Still in D today after more than 4 months. JC is no help, dealer not real helpful either. Crazy how some are built almost immediately and others are passed over.
Hate to say it, but Ford did a hell of a lot better with customer service. They even shipped out Bronco swag to try and appease their customers. Came to Jeep and I can’t even get an unscripted response. All we’re with is a copy + paste canned response.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Some will disagree with me, but I still say there is some merit to it, but the SOT and the safety groups seem to be an issue to me. Sure some are being built with them, but it still seems to be a source of slowing down the builds compared to those without them. Again, some get built, but parts appear to be few and far between for those options. Throw in the Mopar add ons to some people’s orders and you really got a slow down.

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
My original order is a JLU XR. I half-regretted not ordering a 392 but I’d never driven one. Plus I have a low tolerance for really loud noise.
Overall, I liked it. Not in love with it though. It was already tricked out with winch, 37s and beadlocks. But I just can’t justify 92K for a Jeep. A Porsche or another Mercedes, maybe. But not a Jeep. Again, that’s just my opinion. I don’t fault anyone for buying one.
I mean, a Caymen GTS 4.0 is something everyone can agree on. I must have built my dream 718 50 times online.

If the allocation process wasn't even more depressing than the Jeep build times, and the roads here in SC not quite as dog $hit, I might be sitting on the rennlist forum right now instead. Jeep is clearly the more practical mid life crisis vehicle. And I have a ways before 40!

JeepVet74

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes AMG SLC43; 2022 392 XR
I mean, a Caymen GTS 4.0 is something everyone can agree on. I must have built my dream 718 50 times online.

If the allocation process wasn't even more depressing than the Jeep build times, and the roads here in SC not quite as dog $hit, I might be sitting on the rennlist forum right now instead. Jeep is clearly the more practical mid life crisis vehicle. And I have a ways before 40!
I’m not gonna lie. I had to google what rennlist was. Thanks for adding another addiction for me.

Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Every manufacturer is having issues right now and at least Jeep is getting vehicles out there. How does your local GM and Ford car lots look?. Mine are next to empty with dealers telling customer wait times anywhere from 9months to 2 years. My opinion on this is if your salesman told you that you were getting your new Jeep before 6 months then that’s the problem.

dahacker

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TSX, RDX, 97 Miata, 22 JLUS

Funny you mention this. My brother has a Cayman GTS 4.0 he got to wait for his Cayman GT4. We are in a race to see who gets their vehicle first. I can tell you while the allocations are difficult to get, the process has been much more transparent than the Jeep process of random build order With NO F-ing schedule.

KAB96F

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Confession time.
When it comes to my Jeep, my wife says I excel at stupid! :rock: I'm just happy she thinks I'm great at something. :LOL:

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
A bit more progress - Jeep now also acknowledges that my wrangler is missing. No all I need is to get someone there to look for and trace it.
The dealer called yesterday afternoon to tell me that the General Manager has been talking to the Jeep regional manager and Jeep is trying to locate it.
Sponsored