Sponsored

22 wrangler order date, vin and actual deliveries.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
I went to a dealer to see the JL’s their website showed was on the lot and available for sale. I get there and there is nothing to test drive. Sales person said they list vehicles that are being built but not here in order to generate interest and to get people down to the dealership. Once a customer arrives then they can talk about placing an order or try to sell them something else.

Per sales person: Easiest way to know the truth is to look at the picture Of the Jeep. If it is not showing our store in background then it’s just a stock photo And not actually here.
I was just running the VINs shown on their website and pulling those with window stickers, meaning they’re built already.

I haven’t purchased a vehicle at the dealership in over 15 years. I do everything via email & pick the car up when it arrives.
Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
But granted some say being built but lots say in transit and have window stickers and they list vins. I looked some up and they are legit. So they just get you in to do the old bait and switch?
I have had a window sticker for Mine for over a month and my Jeep just went into D1. Depends where you look for your window sticker I guess. And it wasnt from Crypto.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
But granted some say being built but lots say in transit and have window stickers and they list vins. I looked some up and they are legit. So they just get you in to do the old bait and switch?
Exactly Bait and switch. In my case they would never have seen me if I knew there was no Jeeps to test drive. So I get there and salesmen are just standing around kicking rocks because there was nothing to sell. Of course the “let’s make an order” conversation starts but at the time I want to decide between engine choice and wanted to compare the different drive trains on a test drive so no order made at that time.

And my local websites do not say in transit or being built. The website you show it more detailed.

MoHeTow!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito!, 2022 JLUR4XE Tuscadero ordered
Exactly Bait and switch. In my case they would never have seen me if I knew there was no Jeeps to test drive. So I get there and salesmen are just standing around kicking rocks because there was nothing to sell. Of course the “let’s make an order” conversation starts but at the time I want to decide between engine choice and wanted to compare the different drive trains on a test drive so no order made at that time.

And my local websites do not say in transit or being built. The website you show it more detailed.
Change the ZIP CODE top left then change distance to 300 miles I was just looking up city zips and plugging them in. I found 800 and some in Florida too and bunch in St Louis. They're all over if you look. I think you would wait 6 months if you ordered now anyway, don't order from where I did. Or you could get Lucky. Do you feel Lucky?

Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer lists 2 as in transit but realistically they are not even built yet.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine too has 2 in transit and not mine, which is why I'm Pissed off
According to my dealer the 2 they are waiting for will be coming the same time as mine.

mksalvini

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Firecracker Red Sahara
My dealer only lists jeeps not spoken for on the site. So I would not expect to see mine in transit.

Sponsored

MoHeTow!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito!, 2022 JLUR4XE Tuscadero ordered
My dealer only lists jeeps not spoken for on the site. So I would not expect to see mine in transit.
Mine is still in D so mine is not included in the 2 in transit I would not expect dealers to advertise orders

MtgGuy99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
I think a lot of dealers list sold orders as incoming units or available online. I know almost every dealer near me in CT does, not just with Jeep either. It’s incredibly frustrating.

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2014 Dodge Dart GT
Occupation
Jeep Builder
I just ordered a '22 JLUR 2.0L yesterday (January 18th). Hydro Blue, Leather, Hard Top, Gorilla Glass, Rock-Trac HD Full Time 4WD, Advanced Safety, Safety, LED Lighting, Cold Weather Group and All-Weather floor mats. We'll see how long it takes.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
10/25 Ordered (Granger Iowa)
10/26 VIN: 110425
11/26 D1 status from dealer
12/21 Paint stage from JC
12/22 Trim stage from JC
12/23 Waiting Shipment from JC
1/04 - Delivery window of 1/04-1/19

I just got a call from Granger and my JLR is at the lot! Trying to see if I can move some stuff around and take tomorrow off to pick it up or if I have to plan for Saturday. Beyond excited!!!
Congratulations Matt! You might still see mine there if you pick yours up tomorrow. Darn transporter still hasn't picked it up and says either tomorrow or Friday. :angry:
Sponsored