Sponsored

22 wrangler order date, vin and actual deliveries.

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Where are getting 11% off msrp at?
I ordered my JLUR-XR via TriCity Jeep for 5% below invoice which worked out to roughly 11% off MSRP. There are several dealers offering 3-6% below invoice on ordered units. Just need to be willing to travel. I lucked out as TriCity is only 2 hours from my home.

aheying19

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee, ordered jeep wrangler
Ordered mine 11/29, still have not received my vin#. Contacted dealership 2 weeks ago and they said they still hadn't received the vin, is that normal?
Does not pass the smell test…Just about EVERYONE on this site received their Vin# within a matter of days of placing the order…time to find a new dealer !
Called them and it’s in D1 status. Expected ship date is 1/11. Not sure why they didn’t have vin 2 weeks ago. Oh well atleast it’ll hopefully be here soon :)

Sponsored

BigUrsula22

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Per Jeep chat, still in D1 status here - “all parts gathered for production”

JLUR-XR ordered 11/23

Not sure what’s more frustrating… waiting for a built order @ 11% below MSRP or trying to find an in-stock 2022 GLE 350 for the wife that’s not “already spoken for” per the MB dealers once they hear I have a factory control code for 12% off MSRP. Haha
Where are you all getting the discount off MSRP? First time Jeep buyer here..

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Where are you all getting the discount off MSRP? First time Jeep buyer here..
There are several dealers offering 3-6% below invoice on ordered vehicles. There’s a thread started that lists these dealers.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
My dealer said he put the order in on oct 14. I got my vin a few weeks ago. I believe when it's between end of 21s and beginning of 22s they go through some sort of period to see what vin year shoukd be registered as. I bought as a 21 but my vin is a 22. 🤷‍♂️
My order went in 10/14 got my VIN 10/15. They switched me up from a 2021 to 2022 because the 2021 order window had closed on 10/8. Since your VIN is one number ahead of me I can assure you your VIN was available to your dealer on 10/15.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Klong

Klong

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Charger r/t, 2022 Wrangler Rubicon,
Noooo not normal. Once your order goes through you should have a Vin. I don’t trust that dealer.
Have you contacted jeep chat? If you give them your order number they can provide you with your vin. As long as the dealer placed the order.
I agree. If chat doesn’t give you a vin and update, the orders not placed.

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
What do you think drives the build order more at the plant....trim or engine?
This:

From looking at CS, it looks to me more like the "Zone" that it was purchased and sold. Seems like they want to fill the rail cars.
There’s some factors having to do with parts, trims, accessories etc. but allocations and zones are the biggest factor.

Jeep Chat offers no useful information whatsoever on your build, other than it is happening - your dealer is the only reputable source of the status details. JC is a complete waste of time.
Disagree. It’s very basic info, you have to “know” what they are (and aren’t saying) so you need to end up a bit and sometimes they are behind a bit but that’s the exception and not the rule.

I think the way to do it is: JC is used to know when its sequenced and enters the build, Crypto gives you the BS once it’s built, then Window sticker when it’s completed and released for shipping, and then the dealer will have the exact shipping info leadingbto them getting it.

That’s the way I see them all working hand in hand.

Last edited:

ras815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
Disagree. It’s very basic info, you gave to “know” what they are (and aren’t saying) so you need to end up a bit and sometimes they are behind a bit but that’s the exception and not the rule.
...what info can Jeep Chat provide you that your dealer can't? Nothing. I've even read accounts of them providing incorrect info. But sure, if you prefer to get vague, unhelpful answers on demand instead of bothering your dealer, then I suppose it's good for that :LOL:

OP
OP
Klong

Klong

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Charger r/t, 2022 Wrangler Rubicon,
Holidays are over. CS has a bunch of orders up. Woo Hoo. Lets go Jeep.

Beach Bum 89

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fiat Spider
...what info can Jeep Chat provide you that your dealer can't? Nothing. I've even read accounts of them providing incorrect info. But sure, if you prefer to get vague, unhelpful answers on demand instead of bothering your dealer, then I suppose it's good for that :LOL:
I actually got more info from JC than my dealer. They were always spot on. They don’t supply a lot of specifics, but are a good source IMO
Sponsored