Sponsored

22 wrangler order date, vin and actual deliveries.

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
I’m sure this thread has gone quiet since y’all got your Jeeps.
... fraid so... Picked mine up on Aug 30 and have 1400 miles on it already. Trying to drive the p**s out of it to shake out any warranty issues before dropping it off at the off-road shop for lifts and mods; since any warranty claims after that would surely be a major pitched battle I feel unlikely to win, Magnuson-Moss Act or no. (I'm having a long-arm lift kit installed, which involves actually cutting the stock factory control arm mounts off the frame; then adding new ones mid-chassis.)

Anyhow, since the factory switch-over to 23s, it seems most likely that any remaining Jeeps are either held up in JB for a part that was allocated but then turned out to be defective, and waiting for a new one, or were damaged on-or-after the line and waiting on repairs and validation.

Or (probably best case) just weirdly held up in shipping somehow.

Not a great place to be, sorry to say.

If it were me, I'd be deciding on what my "drop dead date" was before abandoning all hope and switching over to a '23 order. Actually, as long as I was working with a no-deposit-required dealer, I'd probably be strongly considering placing a contingency order now, and then abandoning it if and when the original '22 showed up.

I mean, it's one thing if it's still just on "slow boat" shipping; but still another if there's no window sticker yet and it's not yet released as being manufactured....
Sponsored

5Petes

First Name
Rustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU in Punkn
It's definitely very quiet in here lately. If I had to guess it's down to less than 10 or so forum members waiting for their '22s.

I truly feel for you. A thought.... order a '23 and see if that moves along quicker?
We didn’t order a fancy rig other than a lightly optioned rubicon XR and got a pretty good price for it so I hate to start over. I haven’t even looked to see the changes for 23 or the price increases. We’ll continue to impatiently wait it out with my wife driving the wheels off mine until hers arrives.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

It’s officially our 3 month anniversary of sitting with no updates or info in body vendor. Yay us! I’m sure this thread has gone quiet since y’all got your Jeeps.
Right there with you.

5Petes

First Name
Rustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU in Punkn
I mean, it's one thing if it's still just on "slow boat" shipping; but still another if there's no window sticker yet and it's not yet released as being manufactured....
Yep. Still no window sticker. Either got ran over by a train or hopefully for us still waiting on the goofy window storage bag since that was the oddest option we added.

BigBox22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Though we didn’t pay MSRP our sticker price increased by 5k. I was glad we didn’t order the 2023, which appears to be unchanged from 2022. I must admit it was irritating to finally pick up our JLUXR at the same time another customer was picking up their 2023. The upside is I will have very low miles for many years since I had a September delivery! Hang in there, you’ll love it.

Sponsored

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Ok, so who out of us ‘22 orders are left?

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

If I’m coming off as a whiner I apologize, but, this is depressing at this point. Seeing 2023’s that are nearly identical builds as my JLURD being built, shipped and delivered to folks already is so disheartening.

I’ve been dealing directly with the GM that does all the vehicle ordering at my dealer. He’s at a loss as to why it’s been in JB since mid July. He reached out to a couple higher up contacts at Jeep and for lip service. He was also told while they could delete all the JB options, it wouldn’t speed anything up. This leads him to believe it may have been damaged and they are repairing said damage.

He did tell me he would be checking inventory daily and if he found one on a lot somewhere he would try to pull it and would sell it to me for the same deal I have on my factory order. Problem is. Diesels with all the safety groups are hard to find and that’s a deal breaker for my wife.

I’m at a loss.

Sponsored

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Am I being ridiculous? I ask in all seriousness. I know you waited a long ass time for your 22 build.
Oooh, an opportunity to give advice :)

Steve's theory of the happiness is that it involves, in a large measure, managing expectations. If my expectations are too high, then I'm inevitably disappointed, and that leads to anger, frustration, resentment; all of which are enemies of leading a happy life.

We all know someone who's done a remodeling project on a house, and the process and schedule and dealing with the contractor was so long and painful that once it was finally done, all they could do was remember the stress of the project and they're unable to enjoy living in the house, and end up selling it.

You see where I'm going with this: Jeeps are supposed to make us happy. No, you're totally not being unreasonable. But the risk of letting the frustration get too deeply under the skin is then being unable to enjoy the Jeep when (and if?) it finally gets here.

So what would I do?
1. Try to avoid making plans for using the Jeep that might get upended if it shows up later than expected.
2. Start following through on contingency planning... Your dealer is on the lookout for rare matching builds, the second contingency would be to place a new order for a '23 (yes it'll end up with a cost increase) just in case.

Then, if the original finally shows up; yay, you can abandon the second order. And the second order is a hedge against it somehow being delayed an additional six months with no known reason or logic or explanation.

2¢ adjusted for inflation.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Oooh, an opportunity to give advice :)

Steve's theory of the happiness is that it involves, in a large measure, managing expectations. If my expectations are too high, then I'm inevitably disappointed, and that leads to anger, frustration, resentment; all of which are enemies of leading a happy life.

We all know someone who's done a remodeling project on a house, and the process and schedule and dealing with the contractor was so long and painful that once it was finally done, all they could do was remember the stress of the project and they're unable to enjoy living in the house, and end up selling it.

You see where I'm going with this: Jeeps are supposed to make us happy. No, you're totally not being unreasonable. But the risk of letting the frustration get too deeply under the skin is then being unable to enjoy the Jeep when (and if?) it finally gets here.

So what would I do?
1. Try to avoid making plans for using the Jeep that might get upended if it shows up later than expected.
2. Start following through on contingency planning... Your dealer is on the lookout for rare matching builds, the second contingency would be to place a new order for a '23 (yes it'll end up with a cost increase) just in case.

Then, if the original finally shows up; yay, you can abandon the second order. And the second order is a hedge against it somehow being delayed an additional six months with no known reason or logic or explanation.

2¢ adjusted for inflation.
Thanks, that actually helps a lot. I think I’m going to see if I can find an under invoice dealer and doesn’t require a non refundable deposit and place a ‘23 order.

I’m thankful the dealer is making an effort to help. I was originally very concerned because this dealer has less than a stellar reputation on these boards but I didn’t know it at the time of ordering. If the GM stays true to his word, I’ll be making it known here which dealer it was and how great they were. Ditto if it goes the other way.

I think what I’m worried about the most is my 90 day rate lock through Navy Federal is going to expire mid October.

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I’m going to see if I can find an under invoice dealer and doesn’t require a non refundable deposit and place a ‘23 order.
I think the JL forum collectively only knows of one dealer in California that does that:
Rob Trachtman at Tuttle Click in Irvine.

[email protected]

I bought my Jeep from Rob and would recommend.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I think the JL forum collectively only knows of one dealer in California that does that:
Rob Trachtman at Tuttle Click in Irvine.

[email protected]

I bought my Jeep from Rob and would recommend.
You know what? I'm going to do it. I'll be up front with Rob and tell him my entire situation, that way he knows I have another older order I am waiting on.

When you communicated with him was it best through email or phone? Is he a Monday-Friday guy?

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you communicated with him was it best through email or phone? Is he a Monday-Friday guy?
I did everything via email until the day before pickup when we spoke by phone to finalize the time I'd be showing up and coordinate around other buyers also showing up for Jeeps that arrived on the same truck.

He works M-F 9-5.
Sponsored