22 JLUR 2.0T Bright White

senavoh

First Name
Hov
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3
Hello everyone! My new wrangler is arriving in the next month and I wanted to have a few essential mods bought and ready before it arrives. I have called multiple shops around my area and done a fair amount of reading through the forums and have gotten mixed answers. Hoping everyone's collective knowledge will be able to shed some light.

1. Planning on getting 37x12.5x17 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A\T and mounting on the upgraded rubi wheels. Will they fit on the stock 17x7.5 wheels? What is the minimal amount of spacer do I need to prevent rubbing?

2. Mixed things on the lift size I need if I even need it. Coils only lift kit? Coils and Shocks lift kit? Adding bump stops? I don't plan on rock crawling or extreme off-roading, more weekend warrior/dd build.

3. Making the change to 37s, I read I need to reprogram the speedometer for the bigger tires, do I also need to regear? It is coming with the 4.10 but I read that the 2.0T shouldn't have issues with it. Is this true?

4. Any other recommendations of changes to be made to accommodate this so far?
Sponsored

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
1. Planning on getting 37x12.5x17 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A\T and mounting on the upgraded rubi wheels. Will they fit on the stock 17x7.5 wheels? What is the minimal amount of spacer do I need to prevent rubbing?
Should. I have 37x13.5 KM3's on my stock JLR rims with 1.75" spacers. Your MT's are great tires, which I could have gotten them here.

2. Mixed things on the lift size I need if I even need it. Coils only lift kit? Coils and Shocks lift kit? Adding bump stops? I don't plan on rock crawling or extreme off-roading, more weekend warrior/dd build.
I went with RK JL 2.5 Inch Adventure System - TT and RK rear uppers. Go for the extreme crawling.

3. Making the change to 37s, I read I need to reprogram the speedometer for the bigger tires, do I also need to regear? It is coming with the 4.10 but I read that the 2.0T shouldn't have issues with it. Is this true?

4. Any other recommendations of changes to be made to accommodate this so far?
3. Nope. With the Rubicon's 4:1 xfer case, no problem going vertical in M1 and stock 4:10 gears.

When you reprogram with Tazer you need to do two sleep cycles for it to pick up new settings.

4. That's a good start.

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
I'll second @J0E and recommend a 2-2.5"-ish lift to clear 37s adequately. Metalcloak, Rock Krawler, Teraflex, Dynatrac, and even Mopar have decent enough lifts in that size range, though some will require additional components not included in the lift kit itself. I do recommend getting a set of new shocks to go with a lift of that height. You'll want/need additional travel out of the shocks for any off roading you do, and something that's of higher quality than OEM is nice.

As for regearing, that's always a personal choice IMO. Some folks are fine with 37s on stock 4.10s, some folks think the Jeep drives like ass at less than 5.13s with 37s. Recommend running it with the 4.10s for a hot minute before you decide if a regear is something you want.

Reactions: J0E

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
I'll second @J0E and recommend a 2-2.5"-ish lift to clear 37s adequately. Metalcloak, Rock Krawler, Teraflex, Dynatrac, and even Mopar have decent enough lifts in that size range, though some will require additional components not included in the lift kit itself. I do recommend getting a set of new shocks to go with a lift of that height. You'll want/need additional travel out of the shocks for any off roading you do, and something that's of higher quality than OEM is nice.

As for regearing, that's always a personal choice IMO. Some folks are fine with 37s on stock 4.10s, some folks think the Jeep drives like ass at less than 5.13s with 37s. Recommend running it with the 4.10s for a hot minute before you decide if a regear is something you want.
Good advice. My RK kit came with new shocks. Since I have a JLR, I really needed rear upper CA's, your JLUR probably won't need that.

Agree with try stock gears. Since my rig is dedicated to off roading, I don't care about on road performance. I was a bit surprised on some the the ledges I climbed in M1 at idle with 33's, I now have to apply a bit of throttle, 1,200 RPM.
Sponsored