'22 Diesel Check In

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
Yes, but Mr. Bloom is a jeep insider and provided an excellent explanation as to why the OP wasn't able to order a 3.0 Wrangler, which was the factory had reached its order limit for the month.
Could be. All I hope is that they keep building them. Because there was other speculation in that thread about other issues.
Sponsored

MIAZ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLURD,ā€˜02 F-250 7.3, ā€˜15 Prius, Had 13 JK
I have searched the internet a few times seeking the take rate of the diesel motor option and have not been able to find anything. But, I have found data mining in cryptostickers on things like % of total 2 v 4 doors and Sport v. Sahara v. Rubicon to match up very well with published take rates on those items.

So, if you look at all wranglers in crpytostickers from 2020 through today, there have been 15,409 entered and 981 of those included the 3.0 Diesel. Therefore, the average take rate is around 6-7%. For perspective, the manual transmission for all Wranglers is around 10%. The number of Diesel Wranglers is fairly low.
I have searched the internet a few times seeking the take rate of the diesel motor option and have not been able to find anything. But, I have found data mining in cryptostickers on things like % of total 2 v 4 doors and Sport v. Sahara v. Rubicon to match up very well with published take rates on those items.

So, if you look at all wranglers in crpytostickers from 2020 through today, there have been 15,409 entered and 981 of those included the 3.0 Diesel. Therefore, the average take rate is around 6-7%. For perspective, the manual transmission for all Wranglers is around 10%. The number of Diesel Wranglers is fairly low.
I havenā€™t researched the take rate of the diesel option as you have, but during the research and buying process that I did 11 months ago, one thing stood out. I bought our diesel in Phoenix in February of ā€˜21 and at that time, there were a lot of diesel Wranglers on the lots here. I had shopped intensely for most of 3 months before buying and at that time many dealers here had 30% or more diesels on their lots. I looked on the internet at dealers all over Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah and S. California and called quite a few. One dealer in Las Vegas, Jeep Only, had about 170 Wranglers and if I remember correctly about 60-65 of them were diesel at that time a year ago. I just looked at their site a few minutes ago and they listed 23 on their site, in transit or on the lot.
What Iā€™m trying to say is that diesels are WAY more common in the SW than in in the upper Midwest where I spend my summers. Stopping along the way between Arizona and Upper Michigan last spring, some small dealers had never seen a diesel or ordered one. Young mechanics came out of the back shop just to listen to our diesel and ask questions about it. Donā€™t know about your area in the SE, but from what I experienced and saw, the diesel take rate may be a regional thing.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
So much for the theory sold customer orders go before dealer stock orders (assuming that's what it is).
I think most sold orders will go through ahead, but I'd bet they still allow a few allocations to go through for those dealers with high sales numbers...unless those dealers did some shady ordering and posed them as sold orders instead.

RDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD; '19 E450 Wagon; '21 R1250RS
Build Thread
Link
Could be. All I hope is that they keep building them. Because there was other speculation in that thread about other issues.
Yeah, I hope all is well with the 3.0 EDs. I just checked with my dealer and I'm still in D1 but with an estimated ship from the factory date moved back to 1/24/22.

Sponsored

High-Strung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JLURD
I sent Renee an e-mail in the morning checking my order status. She got back to me and told me that I am still in D status. Not even D1, sheesh. Whelp; I hope my order didnā€™t slip through the cracks. I ordered back in 11/06/2021 for reference.

diesel2022

First Name
Barney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford 150
I sent Renee an e-mail in the morning checking my order status. She got back to me and told me that I am still in D status. Not even D1, sheesh. Whelp; I hope my order didnā€™t slip through the cracks. I ordered back in 11/06/2021 for reference.
order mine 10/17 /21 D status vin 103949

diesel2022

First Name
Barney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford 150
Whatā€™s jeep chat say about your orders? I ordered 12/13 and Iā€™m in d1 with an estimated ship(build) date of 1/20
SCHEDULING STAGE ONCE ALL OF THE REQUIRED PARTS FOR YOUR ORDER ARE ACCOUNTED FOR IT WILL BE SEQUENCED FOR PRODUCTION . I TOLD THIM I COULD SEND THEM SOME BOLTS IF THAT WOULD HELP LOL

Sponsored

High-Strung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JLURD
Whatā€™s jeep chat say about your orders? I ordered 12/13 and Iā€™m in d1 with an estimated ship(build) date of 1/20
JC just says that Iā€™m awaiting parts and scheduled. But thatā€™s about it unfortunately. Iā€™m pretty sure I didnā€™t order floor mats or headliner lol. I did get the steel bumper group, tow package, remote proximity keyless entry, cold weather package, LED light Package, cloth seats, etc. Nothing too crazy lol.

mattparliament

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Unlimited Rubicon (On Order)
Ordered 10/14 VIN 102831, Sting Grey ecodiesel Altitude.... between the diesel and the altitude package I feel like I'm in for a long wait! No change in status, still D....

CSharp

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Unlimited EcoDiesel
SCHEDULING STAGE ONCE ALL OF THE REQUIRED PARTS FOR YOUR ORDER ARE ACCOUNTED FOR IT WILL BE SEQUENCED FOR PRODUCTION . I TOLD THIM I COULD SEND THEM SOME BOLTS IF THAT WOULD HELP LOL
I order 11/17 and jeep chat has been telling me that all parts are gathered and should start production shortly, for 3 weeks. I don't understand, if they have all the parts, what is the delay?

rainmaker86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Alfa Romeo Stelvio TI Sprt, 22 JLURD (On Order)
I order 11/17 and jeep chat has been telling me that all parts are gathered and should start production shortly, for 3 weeks. I don't understand, if they have all the parts, what is the delay?
There is no known order to their scheduling. Some people have theorized that it may be regional. As far as diesels Iā€™m going to guess QC/QA is more stringent and so they have to have availability in that department.
Sponsored