21 SAHARA going for stock RUBICON look

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
I love yours so much! And this sting gray is what I almost got! I was so upset when I found out the rubicon 4xE doesn’t come in sarge green! Yours looks amazing! Are these black rhino rims?
Thank you, I really like the Sting-gray with the 4Xe blue. The wheels are Fuel.
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

If youre concerned about ride quality i would be hesitant on the mopar lift. The reviews are all over the place as to how it rides and issues.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
this is me exactly! I will be giving it to my daughter in 2 years! I also went with the Sahara because it was fully loaded and the safety features mean so much more than the lockers I’ll never use! How did you find all of your take offs? I can’t find them anywhere
[/QUOTE

The wheels were from a Rubicon owner that had the aftermarket wheels waiting for delivery, so they were brand new. The hood I got from the dealer, the bumper from a guy that had leased his 2020 Rubicon for a year and purchased the steel bumper afterwards, so he took it off to sell after his 1 year lease was over. The fender will come when finally available again…. Not much of a pic taker and will take more, but this is one that shows the hood and wheels.
0D214BFE-8D04-44F2-9165-F4CCF024195E.jpeg

OP
OP
Wolfie88

Wolfie88

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4XE
You are so blessed!! I’m just going to set all of my alerts and pounce! Do you have any spacers? That hood is my favorite 😩

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
You are so blessed!! I’m just going to set all of my alerts and pounce! Do you have any spacers? That hood is my favorite 😩
Yes, on this pic I have 3/4 inch spacers all around. I’ll try to get better pictures for you.

Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
they are. I put them on my sport. Heres the thing though, if you put rubi fenders on and stock rubi wheels/tires, the wheels will look sucked in because the rubi axles are wider, thats why they have wider fenders. Youd need to run spacers. Or if you run bigger tires, like 34 or 35, it will help fill in the gap
There is a thread that ”confirms” that Sahara 4xe axles are the same width as Rubi axles. I put confirm in quotes because I did not read the thread, or research the source of the confirmation.

Last edited:

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
I have one just like yours - Sarge Green Sahara 4xe. Here is a picture with no lift, Rubicon tires (33" K02s) with Willys/Moab wheels. Drives well and fuel economy is good. As others have said, this is a good first step.

20210612_150337.jpg

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
Just upgraded my 2019 Sahara 2.0 after 32K on the original 5 spoke Sahara wheels and Bridgestone all terrains. (Donor was a 2020 Rubicon with only 15K) They worked well but it was time for a change...

Included with the wheels and tires: TPMS which my Jeep automatically recognized on start up and the Mopar wheel locks. Nice! No change in suspension at this time. I have the HD Towing Package. Ride remains great, speedometer unchanged. Very happy! I'll give it a good test next week in Colorado!

Jeep Wrangler JL 21 SAHARA going for stock RUBICON look JeepSmall

OP
OP
Wolfie88

Wolfie88

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4XE
I have one just like yours - Sarge Green Sahara 4xe. Here is a picture with no lift, Rubicon tires (33" K02s) with Willys/Moab wheels. Drives well and fuel economy is good.
As others have said, this is a good first step.

Thank you so much! I love the look of this! How much did the tires and wheels end up being?
Jeep Wrangler JL 21 SAHARA going for stock RUBICON look JeepSmall

Sponsored

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
Thanks! I think I paid $1325, got lucky and a tire shop had some leftovers. If you look for a week or two you'll usually find some Rubicon takeoffs on Craigslist. I really wanted these wheels which were a little harder to find.

20210423_154158.jpg

20210423_153813.jpg

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica

Jorginho 113

First Name
Jorginho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JLUR 6-Speed
Hi! I’m new here and I have a 2021 SAHARA 4XE. I was set on a 2 inch Mopar lift with 35 inch tires and 17 inch rims. After a month of driving I’d like to keep my somewhat “decent” gas mileage. I have a friend selling me 5 brand new rubicon wheels and tires for $1100. Does anyone have a small lift they would recommend for the stock rubicon look? The leveled look. This is SAGE the SAHARA!

Jeep Wrangler JL 21 SAHARA going for stock RUBICON look 20210423_153813
Im selling 5 new Rubicon Wheels (400 road miles only) for $450 if interested. No tire, no tpms. Located in Bay Area.

Krypt0_Gh0st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2.0L Turbo
Nice rides all! I have to ask for those of you that have the Sahara.. Any regrets getting that instead of a Rubicon? I am torn between the 2!! LOL!

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
Nice rides all! I have to ask for those of you that have the Sahara.. Any regrets getting that instead of a Rubicon? I am torn between the 2!! LOL!
It really comes down to how much wheeling you'll actually do. Both are great choices.

If you do buy the Sahara then build it right - get the HD Towing Package and the Cold Weather Package. This gives you HD brakes, LSD w/Dana 44, heavier suspension, better electrics/battery, aux switches. All that's really missing is the lockers, swaybar disconnect, and Rube suspension & fenders. Oh and the Rubicon gearing and that great transfer case. :D

Add the steel bumpers to the Sahara and you can drop a winch in to make up for the lack of a front locker. I bought the Sahara and have no regrets but a Rubicon would have been good too - it was another $3K over what I paid for the Sahara.

Hey, this is just a start and everyone has their own take but my advice would be good for a Sport buyer, too. Sure, I didn't cover everything but again, it's your Jeep. Get what you want!!!

Or save some money and get a Willys like Tommy from TFL did and have that pile of cash for any cool add ons you want! Roll up windows aren't such a bad thing...
Sponsored