21 SAHARA going for stock RUBICON look

Wolfie88

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4XE
Hi! I’m new here and I have a 2021 SAHARA 4XE. I was set on a 2 inch Mopar lift with 35 inch tires and 17 inch rims. After a month of driving I’d like to keep my somewhat “decent” gas mileage. I have a friend selling me 5 brand new rubicon wheels and tires for $1100. Does anyone have a small lift they would recommend for the stock rubicon look? The leveled look. This is SAGE the SAHARA!

10C69910-5A84-4844-90CF-FEF6FAE74A34.jpeg
Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum! You may not need a lift at all to run Rubicon wheels/tires (Rubicon look) unless you are expecting clearance issues on some difficult trails.​
Also many of the newer Rubicons are shipping stock with same springs as the Sahara. You could install your friends Rubicon set and see how you like it before deciding on a lift.​
However, there are also many great threads on the forum discussing adding a slight lift with spacers or longer Rubicon springs/shocks.​

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wolfie88

Wolfie88

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4XE
Welcome to the forum! You may not need a lift at all to run Rubicon wheels/tires (Rubicon look) unless you are expecting clearance issues on some difficult trails.​
Also many of the newer Rubicons are shipping stock with same springs as the Sahara.​
However, there are also many great threads on the forum discussing adding a slight lift with spacers or longer Rubicon springs/shocks.​
thank you so much! There was a thread I found and the Sahara looked exactly how I want mine to look! I didn’t get the rubicon because it didn’t come in sarge green in the 4XE. 😞 now I’m trying to figure all of this out 😹

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
thank you so much! There was a thread I found and the Sahara looked exactly how I want mine to look! I didn’t get the rubicon because it didn’t come in sarge green in the 4XE. 😞 now I’m trying to figure all of this out 😹
This is all part of the fun! Take your time and enjoy it! Try your new Rubicon set first and see how you like before figuring out if a lift is even needed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wolfie88

Wolfie88

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4XE
I would recommend installing the rubi wheels and tires. See how you like the look, ride, drive and go from there. Might be just the setup you are after.
Thanks! Do you think it will be leveled? The lower front end kinda bugs me lol

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Many of us added front spacers. In my case, 0.75" did the job perfectly

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi! I’m new here and I have a 2021 SAHARA 4XE. I was set on a 2 inch Mopar lift with 35 inch tires and 17 inch rims. After a month of driving I’d like to keep my somewhat “decent” gas mileage. I have a friend selling me 5 brand new rubicon wheels and tires for $1100. Does anyone have a small lift they would recommend for the stock rubicon look? The leveled look. This is SAGE the SAHARA!

Jeep Wrangler JL 21 SAHARA going for stock RUBICON look 10C69910-5A84-4844-90CF-FEF6FAE74A34
Throw out the gas mileage and go for it LOL.
Started life as Sport S (don’t mind the hood lettering)
Jeep Wrangler JL 21 SAHARA going for stock RUBICON look 3D0F7E1E-52EC-4E69-8F3B-2E551E9CADF5

Just kidding
You could add small spacer lift like 1.5” front and 3/4” rear to take out rake and give you a little lift for your new Rubi wheels/tires. Will keep your current ride with spacers. If you change out springs you will still want to add 3/4” spacer on front for the rake.

OP
OP
Wolfie88

Wolfie88

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4XE
This is all part of the fun! Take your time and enjoy it! Try your new Rubicon set first and see how you like before figuring out if a lift is even needed.
Very true and honestly I love it sooooo much! 💚
Jeep Wrangler JL 21 SAHARA going for stock RUBICON look 3D0F7E1E-52EC-4E69-8F3B-2E551E9CADF5

Just kidding
You could add small spacer lift like 1.5” front and 3/4” rear to take out rake and give you a little lift for your new Rubi wheels/tires. Will keep your current ride with spacers. If you change out springs you will still want to add 3/4” spacer on front for the rake.
Thank you! What do you have? This is the look I was originally going for

ED2CEA6D-BE1A-4004-8760-FF1618C9370D.png

OP
OP
Wolfie88

Wolfie88

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4XE
Jeep Wrangler JL 21 SAHARA going for stock RUBICON look ED2CEA6D-BE1A-4004-8760-FF1618C9370D

Just kidding
so you did all of these upgrades!? Even the hood? There is a hood I’m also looking at. I came from a 2018 tundra and put 70k miles on it. I drive A LOT lol

Sponsored

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
A Rubicon will always have a bit higher front end "look", because the front fenders on a Rubicon are mounted higher than other models.

I second the advice from above...mount your Rubi tires/wheels and see how it looks.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you! What do you have? This is the look I was originally going for

Jeep Wrangler JL 21 SAHARA going for stock RUBICON look ED2CEA6D-BE1A-4004-8760-FF1618C9370D
That looks cool. I would say that is small lift and 33s. Mine is mopar lift and 3/4” spacer front with 37s.

OP
OP
Wolfie88

Wolfie88

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4XE
A Rubicon will always have a bit higher front end "look", because the front fenders on a Rubicon are mounted higher than other models.

I second the advice from above...mount your Rubi tires/wheels and see how it looks.
Ok!! Thanks!

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
so you did all of these upgrades!? Even the hood? There is a hood I’m also looking at. I came from a 2018 tundra and put 70k miles on it. I drive A LOT lol
I bought used 2018 Sport S with Mopar lift, stock wheels and 33s. I added everything else. Wheels and tires All OEM Rubicon stuff (Rubi - Hood, paint matched flares, grille, red badging, perf rock rails, led headlights, led DRLs, led taillights, steel bumpers front and rear). Fun mods and most everything is takeoffs.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/showcase/spticon.1638/

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
I failed to congratulate you on a beautiful Jeep. Really nice. Dog is even better. I think you will like how it sets with the new setup. Don’t know about spacers, but the folks on this forum are awesome. Everyone I have came across are super helpful. Enjoy and have fun with your new rig!!
Sponsored