Jbudz511

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Sahara Altitude, '00 XJ Sport
Hello,

I recently picked up a new to me JLU Sahara and since I picked it up the dash has always said start/stop not ready. I've seen some people mention that it needs to charge on longer road trips etc. Well i recently took it on a 8 hr round strip between this past sat and sunday and no change in status.

I'm not necessarily complaining as I don't have to keep hitting the override button. But i got it from the dealer so what is the likelihood the battery is shot vs PO just pulling the fuse?

I haven't had time to dig into everything yet. There's a lot more to digest on this JL than the XJ I came from lol.

Ty in advance!
Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

If it's a 2021, it should still be under warranty (though it MIGHT be over the 36K miles, depending).

If it's in warranty, I'd take it back to the dealer you bought it from and make them fix it. Shouldn't cost you anything but time.

Otherwise, find a good local offroad/Jeep shop (ask your local Jeel club who they recommend) and they can probably sort it out much quicker/easier than the dealer.

OP
OP
Jbudz511

Jbudz511

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Sahara Altitude, '00 XJ Sport
If it's a 2021, it should still be under warranty (though it MIGHT be over the 36K miles, depending).

If it's in warranty, I'd take it back to the dealer you bought it from and make them fix it. Shouldn't cost you anything but time.

Otherwise, find a good local offroad/Jeep shop (ask your local Jeel club who they recommend) and they can probably sort it out much quicker/easier than the dealer.

True. My dad is a finance manager at the dealer i got it from so he usually makes sure things get done timely lol.

My concern is the battery being dead vs the PO pulling the fuse or modifying the system. I've read on here that the dead aux battery can drain the main battery too? Unless I misunderstood?

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
It would not be unheard of to have a shot aux battery. Replace them both and report back.

G.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

True. My dad is a finance manager at the dealer i got it from so he usually makes sure things get done timely lol.

My concern is the battery being dead vs the PO pulling the fuse or modifying the system. I've read on here that the dead aux battery can drain the main battery too? Unless I misunderstood?
From the research I've done, it seems the aux battery issues were largely in the 2018 MY, and were [mostly] addressed from 2019+. Caveat with a grain of salt, but I'm ~32K miles into my '21 Sahara Altitude with the 2.0L and haven't had any issues.
Sponsored