Sponsored

21 Rubicon manual 6 speed slip/lurch in 3rd @ 3000rpm

ChromeToaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL Rubicon, 03 Honda XR650L
Anyone experience what I would say feels like a slip/lurch in 3rd around 3000rpm? happens intermittently.
under normal/easy driving when accelerating, I shift between 3-4k rpms in each gear up to 4th around town.
I'm not sure if its the transmission or the clutch there is no sound along with the feel but the best I can describe is as a small stop in acceleration enough that your weight shifts forward for a split second before the torque resumes.

21 Rubicon 2dr with the 6speed. 5k miles

Only happens in 3rd within 200rpms of 3000rpm +/- and not every time but frequent enough to concern me.

It feels like when you miss a gear but its when already in gear and lasts for only a fraction of a second.
Sponsored

2019RubiconNY

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon, 21 Willys, 22 Rubicon
Same thing is happening to me!!!!!

OP
OP
ChromeToaster

ChromeToaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL Rubicon, 03 Honda XR650L
Same thing is happening to me!!!!!
I took it in to a dealer way back and they said no issues and blamed it on my aftermarket exhaust even though it was doing it prior to that, the good news is that I'm over 30k miles now with no issues...it does still do it occasionally, usually under very light acceleration but there's been no issues pop up from it so I think it's just the weird fuel map or something.
Sponsored