21 rubicon diesel looking for a better ride

Dieselfumes57

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I’ve been all through Colorado utah Montana in a ram 2500 with Thuren suspension and no complaints. I’ve got this rubi and the damn thing beats me to death. 1st jeep in 15 years so I’m a little rusty on the good stuff. I wanna go up a tire size and gain a better ride. Maybe just an inch of lift but smoother coils and better shocks would be great. Any suggestions from the experts?
Sponsored

SPR Pumpkin Rubi

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
skinny-pedal-racing.myshopify.com
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR, 04 TJ 1-Ton LS, 4400 U4
Occupation
Sell Jeep Parts
Shocks and valving go a long way and of course tire pressure.

Good starting point, whats your budget. You can keep it simple or go fancy is the reason for the questions. Adjustable shocks are nice.

OP
OP

Dieselfumes57

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Shocks and valving go a long way and of course tire pressure.

Good starting point, whats your budget. You can keep it simple or go fancy is the reason for the questions. Adjustable shocks are nice.

Id like to stay around 1500 to 2k not counting tires. I’m more of a trail rider than rock crawler. Don’t mind an inch or 2 max on lift. Thinking 35 tires.

rcliff1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 tj, 2014 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F350 Dually, 2020 Diesel Rubicon on order
my diesel rubi came with 42 psi in the tires, changed to 32, made a world of difference.

OP
OP

Dieselfumes57

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
my diesel rubi came with 42 psi in the tires, changed to 32, made a world of difference.
oh yeah, I lowered it down to 30 in the front and 28 in the back after yesterday’s kidney punch. Trails today were a lot better. They were in the upper 30s and it was rough. I’ve drove a heavy duty truck for 15 years and I thought upper 30s would be good. Made a world of difference when lowered. Prob go down lower next trip.

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
You were off road with 30PSI? I'd drop at least 10PSI (to ˜18-20) for off roading. 28-30 is a good for on road driving for most tires at partial load.

Always start with tire pressure and see what works best for you - it is the absolutely cheapest mod for ride comfort.

For a lift, you can buy Synergy springs - they are the softest and you can go up in 1" increments.

Going up in tire size tends to increase comfort off-road, so go there next.

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
My suggestion on a lift for your purposes would be AEV's 2.5" Dualsport. Great on-road and off-road manners.

Good luck with your decision!

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
If you are after ride quality, we can definitely set you up with some custom valved and smooth riding Fox shocks. We can pair those with a lift kit of your choice or we have prebuilt kits. Price and options really will vary depending on your budget. Feel free to shoot us a message if you have any specific questions
Sponsored