21 ecodiesel jl aux switches

Dieselfumes57

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Got a ruby diesel jl and wanted to ad the aux switches. I noticed the video floating around on the installation of this and looks to be easy. My question is the relay and fuse box that shows to be mounted on the drivers side is already there on the ecodiesel. I’m wondering if it’s prewired but no switches or? I do not see the connection wires hidden anywhere but its weird the relay fuse box already being there. Any input would be appreciated
Sponsored

tysonb

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Diesel
My 2021 JLUR Diesel has a 3 relay box in the location where the aux relay box gets installed. The manual doesn't identify this box, so I suspect its specific to the diesel. The kit I've found online to add AUX switches indicates its not compatible with the diesel, I haven't found one that is (yet).

Anyone know what the (3) 50A relays on the drivers firewall does in the diesel?

Jeep Wrangler JL 21 ecodiesel jl aux switches IMG_0062

Jeep Wrangler JL 21 ecodiesel jl aux switches IMG_0061

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
My 2021 JLUR Diesel has a 3 relay box in the location where the aux relay box gets installed. The manual doesn't identify this box, so I suspect its specific to the diesel. The kit I've found online to add AUX switches indicates its not compatible with the diesel, I haven't found one that is (yet).

Perhaps they drive glow plugs?

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective
Got a ruby diesel jl and wanted to ad the aux switches. I noticed the video floating around on the installation of this and looks to be easy. My question is the relay and fuse box that shows to be mounted on the drivers side is already there on the ecodiesel. I’m wondering if it’s prewired but no switches or? I do not see the connection wires hidden anywhere but its weird the relay fuse box already being there. Any input would be appreciated
Just curious, why didn’t you get them with the Rubi? Did you order that way or get it off the lot?

OP
OP

Dieselfumes57

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just curious, why didn’t you get them with the Rubi? Did you order that way or get it off the lot?
off the lot. Had to drive 6 hours to get what I got. I was looking for a used one but found out I had a rebate under my name for being a current fca customer that was expiring. The money I saved I’ll add them later. If I can figure out how

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dieselfumes57

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

OP
OP

Dieselfumes57

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yep, that’s what mine looks like too.

dolson1188

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon Ecodiesel
I'm guessing this thread wasn't closed. Were you able to order the correct switches and install them?

I have the same issue with my JLUR Ecodiesel.

ReDxSiLLy

First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU ecodiesel
Contacted mopar: not available
Contacted dealer: not available
They can't even tell me if they are made or not.
Anyone tore apart dash yet to see if the wires are just sitting there?

Anyone figure out what those relays are for where the aux box goes under the driver side hood?

dolson1188

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the JLUR ecodiesel as well and think I found the solution. It gets a little complicated from here.

I went to my local dealer and worked with the parts dept. to find the fix. Turns out there is a Mopar kit for the diesel. It's for the 2018-2020. P/N # 82215190AE. If you look this number up on the Mopar site it comes back as a 12v power outlet for $338 bucks. Seems pretty expensive for a outlet. If the dealer looks it up its the aux switchback kit. Trust me, I ordered it, held it and it is the same kit. The first issue is the switch, its not a Rubicon chrome bezel. Its the standard black switch. The other issue is you need to buy a separate bracket for it to be diesel compatible. Stupid I know.

I took pictures of the instruction book which has specifics instructions for the mounting in a diesel. It also has the bracket P/N. Long story short, if you buy the standard kit with the diesel relocation bracket it will work. See attached pictures from the instruction book from the P/N above.
Jeep Wrangler JL 21 ecodiesel jl aux switches Diesel pic 1
Jeep Wrangler JL 21 ecodiesel jl aux switches diesel pic 2
Jeep Wrangler JL 21 ecodiesel jl aux switches diesel pic 3
Jeep Wrangler JL 21 ecodiesel jl aux switches diesel pic 4

Sponsored

ReDxSiLLy

First Name
Elizabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU ecodiesel
Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

Did the dealer have it in stock?

dolson1188

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No they didn’t. Had to order it and it took about 5 weeks. I sent it back and got full credit because it didn’t have the rubicon Crome bezel switch. I then reordered the standard gas kit and the mounting bracket in the picture.

Maynard512

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2020 JT
No they didn’t. Had to order it and it took about 5 weeks. I sent it back and got full credit because it didn’t have the rubicon Crome bezel switch. I then reordered the standard gas kit and the mounting bracket in the picture.

Did you install the gas kit? Did it cause any problems since the "PDC" is missing?

dolson1188

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The PDC is not missing. It installs next to the battery with the added bracket instead of installing along the firewall where the existing relays reside. See A1 in the picture (which is the same callout for the PDC on the 2021 kit). From what I can tell that was the only change in the instructions. Everything else was the same. The re-pin #'s were the same also. I tried the find the instruction book for this kit online to no avail. I believe this kit was superseded by the 2021 kit with can't prove it.

JLMOPARMAN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon
Got my bracket from the local dealer. Have not installed the rest yet just wanted to make sure the bracket fit. The ground wires right in front of it were not installed properly, I had to loosen them and push them down before the bracket would fit.
Jeep Wrangler JL 21 ecodiesel jl aux switches 3D823A14-2E07-42B7-8886-2AFADCC37A19
Sponsored