'21 Diesel Oil Leak on Engine Driver's Side

Alesimo

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUD
Good luck! Make sure to post a follow-up. I can’t stand the dealership so I’ll be very interested to hear what their solution is.
Hey! So it was definitely the timing chain cover. Replaced and good to go, and it only took a week. They said nothing was wrong with the coolant being low and topped it off, but now it's low again... not sure what that is. Now I need to figure out why my steering pump is leaking... maybe the TSB for that will fix it.
Sponsored

KNN

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Diesel
Hey! So it was definitely the timing chain cover. Replaced and good to go, and it only took a week. They said nothing was wrong with the coolant being low and topped it off, but now it's low again... not sure what that is. Now I need to figure out why my steering pump is leaking... maybe the TSB for that will fix it.
Thanks for posting a follow up. A week is not bad. Do you know if they ordered a new tube kit as others have suggested? I wonder about the continued low coolant issue though. I assumed that would be more associated w/ a bad oil cooler housing. I had the steering TSB done recently (and reluctantly). Everything seems ok but the pump sound is more noticeable. Haven’t seen any leaks yet.

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER JLU SAHARA HIGH ALTITUDE 3.0
Well, I'll just avoid looking for now!! I just changed the oil for the first time, but didn't look around for such things.😵

RetiredNavy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
Humm.... sounds like I better keep a look for this. 2022 with 1700mi.

Alesimo

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUD
Thanks for posting a follow up. A week is not bad. Do you know if they ordered a new tube kit as others have suggested? I wonder about the continued low coolant issue though. I assumed that would be more associated w/ a bad oil cooler housing. I had the steering TSB done recently (and reluctantly). Everything seems ok but the pump sound is more noticeable. Haven’t seen any leaks yet.
Im not too sure if they did. Let me check the invoice thing real quick...

Sponsored

Alesimo

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUD
I dont think they did...

OP
OP
GearWhore

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Jeep is just under 20k miles now. Had a Blackstone Labs sample run on the oil.

A lot of the metal elements were higher than "universal averages" but the interval has also been a little over 8k miles and engine is still relatively young. Otherwise oil properties looked pretty good. I'll be doing the 20k oil change soon.

Jeep has been performing well over the winter. Looking forward to swapping back into the soft top!

Alesimo

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUD
I need to clean the frame right there and make sure it isnt just residual from when they did the fix.
Sponsored