Sponsored

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray 392, 2000 Supercharged WJ
How? They will sell every single one of them and that's what they are after.
I have no doubt they'll sell every one of them... But, will this be a cash cow for the dealerships? I'm a bit skeptical. When the 392 fever (especially the 392 XR fever) hit, dealers were regularly marking them up by $10k or even $20k. I saw one marked up by $60k that sold.... The fever has broken, though, and my gut tells me that MSRP or less will be the trend after the first week orders are open.

I've been wrong many times in the past, so we'll just have to see. If they are discounted - they'll sell out fast. If they're marked up, they might be hard to move.
Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Stellanits and Jeepā€™s CEO never understood Jeep culture.
just a bunch of eurotrash chasing the buck.
ā€˜I think we should all boycot jeep until they fail, maybe someone else would take over who remembers the spirit of Jeep, and would sell that, instead of trying to compete with Mercedes. A Jeep is a Jeep, and will never (hopefully) be a Mercedes,
In fairness I love my 21 JLUR. They may have swung and missed on the 20th anniversary edition, particularly in that there is not much being offered and with only 4,000 being made the average jeep owner will be SOL.

But in 2018 they did do a lot right with the JL as a whole. So while this is an obvious money grab on their part, the reality is they just made me appreciate my 21 all the more.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
They had to limit the 37" tires AEV-thingy to 150 each and price it way above $100K to make sure no buyer would take those D44 axles near a trail during the warranty period.

What a joke. And Ford put properly engineered D50 rear axle, 37s from factory, high end adjustable shocks, etc on the Bronco.

This is how Jeep is reacting? So disappointing.

Last edited:

tshaw2009

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Sport 2-Door, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lead Pastor, County Projects Coordinator, and Former 88N10 in US Army
Well, I would have thought that there would have been some special consideration and packages for the 2-Door Rubicon and other Jeep models, I don't know, because a 2-Door Jeep is a REAL JEEP!!! If Ford can make a safe 2-door Bronco on 35s, on a 2 inch lift, with locking front and rear axles, and beadlocks on their BASE model from the very get-go, what the heck is going on at FCA? Sorry to all those people who try to say that FCA doesn't do that because it will cannibalize the Rubicon, because Ford has shown proof that is not the case. I love my 2023 Willys Sport 2-Door, but if I would have had the option for the XR package on my 2-Door with front and rear lockers from the factory, I definitely would have spent that extra money. Sorry some of that was relevant and some of it wasn't, but I had some pent-up frustration at FCA that needed to come out. Thanks for the therapy.

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
At least they didnā€™t drop the 392 for the 3.0 yet. I donā€™t see the point for replacing the v8s with the 3.0 in performance vehicles. But it is a good replacement for the 5.7 and 6.4 in other vehicles.

Sponsored

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
In fairness I love my 21 JLUR. They may have swung and missed on the 20th anniversary edition, particularly in that there is not much being offered and with only 4,000 being made the average jeep owner will be SOL.

But in 2018 they did do a lot right with the JL as a whole. So while this is an obvious money grab on their part, the reality is they just made me appreciate my 21 all the more.
100% agree.

I think the JL has been fantastic. But what I donā€™t think Jeep/Chrysler/Stellantis planned on was how successful and hyped the Bronco would be. So instead of Jeep enjoying a quiet ~12 year life cycle with minimal changes (like the JK) they all the sudden have to come up with real stuff to stay competitive/ahead of the Bronco. Some have been hits (4xe, 392), some have been pretty me too (XR package) and some are duds like this 20AE. Jeep just isnā€™t used to having to compete here.

Asuriyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR (6MT)
The 392 and the 4Xe represent the best innovation and worst excesses of the JL platform, so it seems appropriate that they make up this year's 'special editions'. But, I had no interest in either beforehand, and today's announcement has done little to change my mind.

Factoring in the controversial grille, insubstantial performance improvements, and lackluster unique cosmetic elements, my ranking for Rubicon special editions would be as follows:

1. Tomb Raider edition (2003)
2. 10th Anniversary (2013)
3. JL Rubicon Recon (2018-2020)
4. ...
5. ...
6. ...
7. Whatever is in your garage right now is more unique than a factory limited edition, and don't kid yourself, if you cared about depreciation you'd buy a Sport S
8. ...
10. ...
11. JK Sport 75th Anniversary Edition
14. ...
~17-25. I'll get back to you on the 20th Anniversary Rubicon once I decide how I feel about the grille.

Last edited:

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
Too bad pink and purple are gone right now or I'd buy a few of these - oh well
What a screwgee job for all you enthusiasts who simply wanted a 20th 2 door with maybe some nice stickers and 35's at a normal "Human" price.
Instead of "20th anniversary edition" why not just call them what they are -
"Millionaires Mall Crawler Edition" - so sad and greedy :(
Well, at least Bill Gates will look nice driving to the golf course

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Stellanits and Jeepā€™s CEO never understood Jeep culture.
just a bunch of eurotrash chasing the buck.
ā€˜I think we should all boycot jeep until they fail, maybe someone else would take over who remembers the spirit of Jeep, and would sell that, instead of trying to compete with Mercedes. A Jeep is a Jeep, and will never (hopefully) be a Mercedes,
Not only that, but Jeep constantly spouts how they listen to their customers, yet never addresses their concerns or needs until after Ford does it.

Sponsored

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Did anyone else catch this in the reveal video from Jeep:

Jeep Wrangler JL 20th Anniversary Rubicon 4xe and 392 Package Details and Pricing & Official Press Release 1675973232668
All models of Jeep will offer a 4Xe package. Almost there now. Not what your think it is.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase