Sponsored

20k recommended cabin filter change, no way!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
LOL right - it's not even an argument. Just pointing out reality. Arguing about the facts doesn't change them.
Claiming that the steering gearbox and solid axle design somehow justifies neglect of what is most people’s daily driver is absurd.
Sponsored

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Claiming that the steering gearbox and solid axle design somehow justifies neglect of what is most people’s daily driver is absurd.
I agree, which is why I didn't make that claim.

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
Changed out my cabin filter today at 11,300 miles and I was surprised to see how bad it was. I have maybe done 6 quick 2 hour off road trips, otherwise just driving around Los Angeles and one 1k mile round trip when I visited family in northern california.

This thing is filthy. Literally covered in dust and I don't see how it would be effective at all for another 9k miles. I never use my AC either or have air blowing through the vents. I have my windows down 99% of the time.

I popped in the KN washable one just now since I figure it will pay for itself after I wash it a few times.

Just thought I would share since I would personally probably recommend changing every 10k miles after seeing this today.

PXL_20210118_174717894.jpg

PXL_20210118_174734619.jpg

PXL_20210118_174724260.jpg

PXL_20210118_174727605.jpg
People pay good money to live in that filthy air, don't throw it out. That's good stuff.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
“not to worry so much about a cabin filter on a vehicle that still has a STEERING BOX and SOLID AXLES for God's sake.”

neglect.
LOL no. Cabin filters are a luxury item. Claiming that not changing them is "neglect" is akin to claiming that not upgrading your iPhone 11 to the new iPhone 12 is neglect.

If you can't see the irony in charging through the dirt, rocks, and creeks all day with the windows down and top open and then going "OMG the cabin filter!!", then I don't know what to tell you...except that you look ridiculous to the rest of us.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
LOL no. Cabin filters are a luxury item. Claiming that not changing them is "neglect" is akin to claiming that not upgrading your iPhone 11 to the new iPhone 12 is neglect.

If you can't see the irony in charging through the dirt, rocks, and creeks all day with the windows down and top open and then going "OMG the cabin filter!!", then I don't know what to tell you...except that you look ridiculous to the rest of us.
If performing normal maintenance items is too hard for you, you can pay someone else to do it for you. It’s okay.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
If performing normal maintenance items is too hard for you, you can pay someone else to do it for you. It’s okay.
Look up in the sky, way up there above your head - see that tiny little dot way up there?

That's my point. Sailing quietly over your head.