First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Fire Fighter
@simpleJL so I know you are just down the street from me...i just finished installing my rear bumper and DV8 step sliders this weekend. Next up is the lift and tires. you went with the $200 RC Budget boost? or the one with springs and shocks? Looks like you do trail rides with some basic rock stuff, how has it held up? probably will keep my factory wheels and just go up to the 35" KO2s...Kinda thinking ahead as I plan to be down in Arizona in January and Moab in April, but don't plan to do any hardcore rock crawling...

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
@simpleJL so I know you are just down the street from me...i just finished installing my rear bumper and DV8 step sliders this weekend. Next up is the lift and tires. you went with the $200 RC Budget boost? or the one with springs and shocks? Looks like you do trail rides with some basic rock stuff, how has it held up? probably will keep my factory wheels and just go up to the 35" KO2s...Kinda thinking ahead as I plan to be down in Arizona in January and Moab in April, but don't plan to do any hardcore rock crawling...
Yeah, just the RC budget boost spacer lift. Stock springs and shocks.

It has been great. and at full tuck with my 37's I am about a half inch from rubbing front and rear. Works perfect for what I do.

KO2's aren't true to size, just an fyi. The 35's are actually something like 34.2". I had to play around with my Tazer to get the speedometer correct when using them.

I decided to go with a little more aggressive all terrains and grabbed the Cooper S/T Maxx's. 37 and they are true to size. The KO2's are rock throwers, they grab every single little pebble in existence and launch them everywhere. The Coopers have been fantastic and have larger lugs that don't catch everything and launch it.

My gas mileage has been about the same as when I had 35" KO2's on there. I am around 15mpg average at the moment.

Megsxr750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Gsxr750 ,2014 Mazda6,and a 2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
You waited long enough to get yours, I guess you just can't stop driving it!!

Sponsored

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Fighter
Yeah, just the RC budget boost spacer lift. Stock springs and shocks.

It has been great. and at full tuck with my 37's I am about a half inch from rubbing front and rear. Works perfect for what I do.

KO2's aren't true to size, just an fyi. The 35's are actually something like 34.2". I had to play around with my Tazer to get the speedometer correct when using them.

I decided to go with a little more aggressive all terrains and grabbed the Cooper S/T Maxx's. 37 and they are true to size. The KO2's are rock throwers, they grab every single little pebble in existence and launch them everywhere. The Coopers have been fantastic and have larger lugs that don't catch everything and launch it.

My gas mileage has been about the same as when I had 35" KO2's on there. I am around 15mpg average at the moment.
Awesome! Yeah they are 34.4 from what I saw which doesn’t hurt my feelings. How do the coopers run for road ride and noise compared to the KO2s?

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Awesome! Yeah they are 34.4 from what I saw which doesn’t hurt my feelings. How do the coopers run for road ride and noise compared to the KO2s?
No noise. They feel the same on the street. During the little bit of rain we got a few weeks ago I was driving out to Napa and got hit by a downpour. Was able to emergency brake and test out the grip. They grab extremely well in the rain.

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Fighter
No noise. They feel the same on the street. During the little bit of rain we got a few weeks ago I was driving out to Napa and got hit by a downpour. Was able to emergency brake and test out the grip. They grab extremely well in the rain.
find a particularly good price on them any where around here?

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
4AD15CCE-7F66-455F-8023-EC8E27AA0CAF.jpeg
I was going to post in another section, but I will share it with you. I just got delivery of the Rough Country 2.5 lift kit with springs and shocks for just $399.95 at cjponyparts. Rough Country has it on their site for $499.95. I thought it was a mistake! But, it’s the same kit. There is only one left. It’s by far the cheapest than any other sites, by $100!

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Fighter
4AD15CCE-7F66-455F-8023-EC8E27AA0CAF.jpeg

I was going to post in another section, but I will share it with you. I just got delivery of the Rough Country 2.5 lift kit with springs and shocks for just $399.95 at cjponyparts. Rough Country has it on their site for $499.95. I thought it was a mistake! But, it’s the same kit. There is only one left. It’s by far the cheapest than any other sites, by $100!
Northridge 4x4 has it for $380 with the forum discount for this forum. Good deals either way...

Sponsored

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
Awe man, and I thought I was making out like a bandit!
Either way, yes, it’s a good deal.

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
find a particularly good price on them any where around here?
Wait for eBay to kick out a 20% off coupon for black friday / cyber monday - you'll be able to grab the tires through there via discount tire direct and save a good $250 or so.

Use a friend's ebay account and hit it up twice. One order for 3, and another for 2. Because there's a cap on savings.

That's what I did when I ordered mine. ;)

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Fighter
Wait for eBay to kick out a 20% off coupon for black friday / cyber monday - you'll be able to grab the tires through there via discount tire direct and save a good $250 or so.

Use a friend's ebay account and hit it up twice. One order for 3, and another for 2. Because there's a cap on savings.

That's what I did when I ordered mine. ;)
Awesome tip! They are running a deal right now on eBay...Spend $400 or more on tires and get $100 off with "PTIRES18" and it can be used up to two times. Never even thought about eBay for tires...

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Awesome tip! They are running a deal right now on eBay...Spend $400 or more on tires and get $100 off with "PTIRES18" and it can be used up to two times. Never even thought about eBay for tires...
For black friday you can expect discount tire to have their own rebate on ebay as well. So you can get $100 back on that front, as well as the ebay discount itself. It'd be worth the wait for any large purchase that happens to be on ebay.

DirtRoad1981

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU SPORT
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
Just kidding. Nothing but awesomeness has happened.

Not a single problem thus far!

- 37" Cooper S/T Maxx tires on 17" Method 105 beadlocks balanced with beads.
- 2.5" Rough Country Budget Boost
- AEG flat fenders with artec liners
- ROAM frame mounted side steps / sliders
- DV8 FS-15 front bumper
- metalcloak full belly skids

Amongst other odds and ends.

DSC01974~2.JPG

IMG_20181020_143834.jpg

IMG_0420 (Edited).JPG
What rear bumper are you running
Sponsored