Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington -- plus Washington, D.C. -- have adopted some or all of the CARB standards and Stellantis said they are reducing (appear to have basically stopped, in some cases) ICE deliveries to most of those states.

I think I posted earlier that my local (CO) dealer has 76 Wranglers on the lot: 72 4xe's, 4 ICE, no 392's.

Checking on the four listed as available within 100 miles on the Jeep site, two are in transit, one is already sold, and the last is still on the dealer's lot, so only one 392 is actually available for me to buy and drive home today. It is listed with ~$1300 discount off MSRP, though.
Yeah my dealer is in MD but they can only get ICE if no hybrid or electric version is available. So for wranglers its only 4XE but they can order customer stock for ICE

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Anyone know if this means the 24 final year? I’m going to order one but waiting to get it on the last run to make sure I have the latest updates 😂

258_T18A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon 392, 1979 CJ7
Anyone know if this means the 24 final year? I’m going to order one but waiting to get it on the last run to make sure I have the latest updates 😂
The Durango press release seemed to indicate that Hemi engine production was ending at the end of calendar year 2024, but that there would be a limited run of special edition MY2025 Hellcat Durangos released the last few months of 2024. Not sure if they would do something similar for the Jeeps.

Sponsored

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Looks like we’re reaching the end of an era. From a dealer. Third bullet.

"At the end of the January sales month, dealers which beat their full month January 2024 vs January 2023 for the assigned targeted Jeep brand vehicle will be awareded one (1) unit of dealer stock allocation for the 2024MY Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 'FINAL EDITION."

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 Wrangler Rubicon 392 Final Edition Confirmed 5EF732F7-C1B2-45F3-B7F2-7A196995D236
I've owned 2 - 392s. One I ordered on the first day, waiting outside the dealers door when they opened. Second after they came out with the XR package.

I would totally be "in" to buy one of these final editions, depending on the changes. If it has red seats, that would be a big no. But if it has some genuine cool stuff like a unique color, 37s, or something more than "loaded and special stickers" then I would be interested.

Unfortunately for me, and for probably just about every other (not rich) genuine enthusiast, I won't be able to get one at retain or even close. No doubt the markup will be astronimical.

I'll be watching with great interest what options it has, and what they go for.

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
AMW (Americas Most Wanted) can build pretty much anything you want, any color you want. They are the guys that put the Demon Hemis in the Wranglers and Gladiators.
But it will never be as reliable as the factory matched package. Yes even 392s have occasional problems like any vehicle, but from the video series I have followed of swapped ones, it's a constant fiddle fest, and wondering what will break next.

I speak from experience in that I had a (not AMW) 5.7 swapped JK. Done totally right with AEV. It was awesome but no where near as reliable as the factory 392. The JK would burn through cats, and had other problems that weren't awful, but in my oldish age, I'm done with the "fiddle factor".

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2014 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
I am sure the final edition will be cool and there are some features/options being worked on that will entice people…but it will be expensive and I am sure the friendly neighborhood dealer will slap on a heavy mark-up.

just like the last call challengers and chargers and the last TRXs, a heavy market adjustment will be added…and someone with the ability to pay will.

I was barely able to buy a 392 last year when the reign color came out. I can’t imagine the pricing of the new final edition plus dealer mark-up…

258_T18A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just like the last call challengers and chargers and the last TRXs, a heavy market adjustment will be added…and someone with the ability to pay will.
I'll never understand this. You will never get that markup back on resale. And with the exception of the Demon 170, the other Last Call Chargers/Challengers are mostly just color/package combos with decals and plaques. No different than the gazillion regular Hellcats and Scat Packs they've made over the years. Not to mention there's 7 different Last Edition models and they're making like 1,000 of each. These aren't true limited editions where they're making 50 of them and everything about them is unique

Sponsored

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
The reason they might end the 392 is the rumored twin turbos might have more horsepower.
Can’t have bragging rights with a 8 cyl if a twin six beats it.

258_T18A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The reason they might end the 392 is the rumored twin turbos might have more horsepower.
Turbo motors have come a long way since I had my 1987 Buick Grand National where it was floor the gas.........wait.......wait.......wait some more.............bam, feels like hitting the switch on a 250 shot.

My wife has a 2019 Ford Expedition with the 3.5 Ecoboost, turbo lag is almost imperceptible.

NEVERTHELESS, offroad, moving along at 5 mph or less, and having to blip the throttle a little to get over something, the immediate off idle torque of a V8 has no match.

DonH63

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GC Trailhawk, 23 JLUR 392
Occupation
Retired EE; musician (trumpet)
The turbo inline 6 is a very impressive engine. Should have gobs of torque off the line and horsepower to spare. I expected that to be the V8 replacement, but have read it won't fit the JL's engine compartment. Having a longer hood would not be a plus, but maybe if they move the seats a bit higher, assuming I don't bang my head...

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Why not? We've seen this movie before. Look at what Porsche did with the Boxster. Replaced that glorious flat six with a turbo four. Turbo four is quicker, but it left everyone clamoring for the flat six (which Porsche started offering in their upper trims later). In a similar vein, you think the F150 Raptor guys wouldn't take their V8s back if offered (standard Raptor)? Taking it a step further, even mid-range EVs are quicker than most ICE sports cars in the real world. Despite that, most owners of ICE sports cars do not want an EV. I used to have an 2022 M4 and that held true in that community even though their engines/exhaust sound awful (thus you wouldn't be missing out much on the sound front) and that high strung engine can have a lot of lag. Now...I'm a big proponent of EVs (I'm sure that's a minority view here, but we have two EVs along with our 392 Wrangler), but I fully recognize its drawbacks and that many people dislike them.

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
But it will never be as reliable as the factory matched package. Yes even 392s have occasional problems like any vehicle, but from the video series I have followed of swapped ones, it's a constant fiddle fest, and wondering what will break next.

I speak from experience in that I had a (not AMW) 5.7 swapped JK. Done totally right with AEV. It was awesome but no where near as reliable as the factory 392. The JK would burn through cats, and had other problems that weren't awful, but in my oldish age, I'm done with the "fiddle factor".
I had the same experience with a 2012 JKUR that I bought through AEV with a swapped in 6.4 Hemi. It was an awesome machine, but not reliable. It took several months and four trips to the local dealer, trying to get them to believe that they had to honor a new vehicle warranty on an AEV JKUR to get them to finally do a correct diagnosis, and then wait for AEV to ship them an entirely new engine wiring harness to fix electrical problems it was having. Part of the problem was that AEV started out claiming that my Jeep wasn't a real AEV hemi swap. They were telling the dealer that another company had done the swap and that I was on my own. I had to fax AEV copies of my invoice for them to believe me. Apparently, they did not have my VIN number and the serial number on their door sticker in their records. I was pretty unimpressed with AEV at that point.

That was my third, and last, AEV vehicle.
Sponsored