Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ-7, 1985 CJ-7, 1993 JGCLL, 2012 JGCLL 5.7
Occupation
Retired
Lol oh no he said mall crawler like it means anything.:CWL:
[/QUOTE

Just in case you need a defition 😆: You may have heard the word 'mall crawler' and wondered, what is a mall crawler jeep? A mall crawler jeep is an SUV or truck (like an RWD, 4WD, or even 2WD) that has all the features needed for off-roading, but it's only used for daily activities like driving kids to school or picking up groceries. Or TheRaven.
Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Just in case you need a defition 😆: You may have heard the word 'mall crawler' and wondered, what is a mall crawler jeep? A mall crawler jeep is an SUV or truck (like an RWD, 4WD, or even 2WD) that has all the features needed for off-roading, but it's only used for daily activities like driving kids to school or picking up groceries. Or TheRaven.
Dude, you live in Philly. Where are you finding rocks to crawl? 😄

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Ever heard of the Aoalachian Trails? Ignorance is bliss with you young one! 😁
The Appalachian Trail? I have a few friends who've hiked it, because it's a hiking trail to be taken by foot. Think it's cheating if you bring a Jeep ;)

Osso

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ-7, 1985 CJ-7, 1993 JGCLL, 2012 JGCLL 5.7
Occupation
Retired
The Appalachian Trail? I have a few friends who've hiked it, because it's a hiking trail to be taken by foot. Think it's cheating if you bring a Jeep ;)
I don't hike... I Jeep! 😆 Hiking is for guys who eat salads and drive EVs.

Sponsored

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Than
Nope, nothing yet!

2/10/2023 was the last order guides released.

Image1.jpg
Thank you, what I needed to know.

My dealer wants me to order off the 2023, he is saying nothing has changed. Gonna wait on the Build Sheets I think!!

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
I think you’re thinking about the days the general public can go, press usually get at least a few days early
Yup. That's the start of the public days. I completely forgot about insider, and press days.

Nohair989

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I don't think that's a fair assessment. 95% of the time I use my Jeep as a daily driver. Work, groceries, etc. I only ever hit the trails once or twice a year and don't do any seriously technical trails. But that's not why I own this vehicle. I've been storm chasing for almost half my life and my Jeep is by far the most capable vehicle I've had for that. My rig is specifically set up for that purpose. Ham radio, laptop, winch, 315s. I'm an active member of KC North ARES (look it up if your not familiar with the services we provide) and many of our members driver vehicles that support the cause.
Many of the members of this forum use their's for tasks other than hard core off roading. Don't get me wrong, I admire anyone who builds for that purpose, but that's not the end game for most people.
Just saying we could all be a little more tolerant of each other.
Peace.

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
My dealer wants me to order off the 2023, he is saying nothing has changed. Gonna wait on the Build Sheets I think!!
I'm sure it's possible to order a '24, but personally I'd be concerned about getting (or not getting) the correct options you want, plus pricing. Ie, agreeing to pay for the tow package then later find out it's now standard (Jeep won't charge you the extra amount, but who knows about the dealer). A lot of things will likely be the same as '23, but it seems that a few things will be changed around a bit.

Seems safest to wait for the order guides imo, or at least wait for the official press release detailing any changes. Unless.. maybe they can lock you in at '23 prices for a certain config with price protection? That might be worth doing.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I've been storm chasing for almost half my life and my Jeep is by far the most capable vehicle I've had for that.

My rig is specifically set up for that purpose. Ham radio, laptop, winch, 315s.
Coincidentally, just yesterday I wrote off the day's balance of errands due to high winds and rain making it rather difficult to keep the Wrangler pointed straight, or anything close to it. It wouldn't be my first choice to chase severe weather events, so I wish you the best in that endeavor. 👍

Reactions: AFD

Nohair989

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Coincidentally, just yesterday I wrote off the day's balance of errands due to high winds and rain making it rather difficult to keep the Wrangler pointed straight, or anything close to it. It wouldn't be my first choice to chase severe weather events, so I wish you the best in that endeavor. 👍
It beats the hell out of the 5.0 Mustang I used to chase in. The horsepower was great, but not too much room for all the gear and navigator and any debris made things difficult. I also chased for many years in an Escape. Less horsepower and more space, but at 260K miles, wasn't the most trustworthy vehicle anymore.

Reactions: AFD

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
That was some nasty winds! Parked just the 'right' way in an open field and had a hell of a time trying to open my door just to get out (or back in). Never experienced anything like that before in any other vehicle in my entire life.

Trying to drive home was rather squirrely and impossible to stay in a straight line, but at least it felt firmly planted (side winds would quickly push me left and right a severe amount, but never felt like it was tipping or top-heavy). At least I felt a lot safer driving over all the debris and fallen limbs everywhere compared to my last car.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.