Not open for further replies.

Stengaaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy sonic, soon wrangler Jl 2 door
Oh I know. It would’ve been easier to finance them is all. Cash I have reserved for mods, plus convincing the wife I need $4400 “extra” doors is a hard sell.
Oops I clicked the wrong item into the cart and they say no refunds?
Sponsored

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
Oh I know. It would’ve been easier to finance them is all. Cash I have reserved for mods, plus convincing the wife I need $4400 “extra” doors is a hard sell.
My thing is what do the factory half doors give you that just rolling the windows down doesnt. Maybe 4" of extra opening? The whole point of a half door is that extra visibility to see obstacles which the OE half doors just dont seem to give enough of imo. Might as well save the cash and get some aftermarket aluminum ones or tube doors.

Osso

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ-7, 1985 CJ-7, 1993 JGCLL, 2012 JGCLL 5.7
Occupation
Retired
I'm ok with the half doors with the premium uppers, but not @ $4k+. I see far too many folks on these threads wanting to sell them brand new out of the box! There are also countless other options that look cool in the aftermarket far below the $4k+ range. And should anyone want to buy some OEM's not added to the financing of a $100k Jeep, just buy them from someone else who had buyer's remorse and save yourself a ton of money in interest!

Bmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2012 JK, 2011 WK2 5.7
Sometimes I wonder what people who use acronyms do with all that extra time.
In the corporate world, and government, those are the people who are on a continuous schedule of meetings to decide on when to have regular meetings for deriving more clever acronyms for every new idea that gets farted out of other meetings.

Sponsored

Osso

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
In the corporate world, and government, those are the people who are on a continuous schedule of meetings to decide on when to have regular meetings for deriving more clever acronyms for every new idea that gets farted out of other meetings.
Guessing you must be a former government employee to give such a good explanation! (lol)

Bmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2012 JK, 2011 WK2 5.7
Guessing you must be a former government employee to give such a good explanation! (lol)
Corporate automotive world and govt contractor (fed, state and local levels) in various capacities. I've seen behind the curtains for both and it's not pretty, moreso at the top echelons. The best people are the ones who have their boots on the ground; they have more common sense.

libis22

First Name
Libin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Daytona 675R, Willys sport XR
Occupation
Electronics engineer building software
Sometimes I wonder what people who use acronyms do with all that extra time.
TSTTIA - They spend that time inventing acronyms 👀

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I'm ok with the half doors with the premium uppers, but not @ $4k+. I see far too many folks on these threads wanting to sell them brand new out of the box! There are also countless other options that look cool in the aftermarket far below the $4k+ range. And should anyone want to buy some OEM's not added to the financing of a $100k Jeep, just buy them from someone else who had buyer's remorse and save yourself a ton of money in interest!
Eh. Interest isn’t exactly that much on that little. In the end, it doesn’t matter because I didn’t buy them at the time of ordering, and I can’t justify dropping cash on a set now. I’ll likely go with the Genright or Motobilt doors and just wrap ‘em.

Sponsored

Osso

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Eh. Interest isn’t exactly that much on that little. In the end, it doesn’t matter because I didn’t buy them at the time of ordering, and I can’t justify dropping cash on a set now. I’ll likely go with the Genright or Motobilt doors and just wrap ‘em.
I like these from Quadratec and under $1k:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 Wrangler Refresh ordering starts 3/15/23 with updated grille, new screen, cluster, seats, wireless CarPlay & more 1679329708302

FloridaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Rubicon 392, ‘20 Gladiator
Does anyone have confirmation on what colors are going to be available in 2024? I’m specifically interested in Deep Ocean Blue, Mojito and Bikini.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Yikes!

I find three of these four concerning.

More capability? Great.

Refined? I don’t want it more “refined”. That usually indicates “yuppified”. If I want that I’ll buy a BMW (and spend less).

New Technology? Like a second motorcycle battery and a CPU that disables the vehicle when the voltage drops? No thanks.

Advanced safety? For me, this is good news less often that it used to be. I’m a fan of airbags, ABS, and traction control (as long as traction control can be disabled), but these days “safety” often translates to inconvenient and expensive automation I don’t need, don’t want, and can’t decline (like ‘auto park’).
And for all of the technology upgrades they're throwing into this "refresh," how much you want to bet they haven't bothered improving the reliability or longevity of any engine option, let alone the drivetrain?

zw470

First Name
McFly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR
I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but Uconnect 5 is available on 8.4" radios. So just because that's listed as one of the upgrades doesn't necessarily mean it will be the bigger 10.1" radio.

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
I suspect the 2024 refresh will be unveiled live during Jeep Easter Safari week or whatever it is called. I call it the Jeep Jamboree.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.