Not open for further replies.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
I doubt you will see a 24 until Summer time.
Late May was the guidance I got, they’ve already started these things…but yes, I highly doubt we will see any substance of deliveries before mid late Summer…who knows, this has certainly been a bit unconventional.
Sponsored

TexasJeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubi 392 on order
Good news, I stopped at my dealer on way home…. He told me that my 2023 4XE Rubicon order had been rolled-up to a 2024 !!!

Apparently all their 2023 orders without any VIN assigned have been rolled-up to 2024.

We now need to see when they will start the 2024 production, I hope that they start earlier.
Hope that’s true. Dealers have been known to tell, umm, non-truthful facts. Did they say if you were price protected? Still haven’t heard from my dealer yet on my 4xe order without a VIN.

Deleted member 59498

So they are going to put a 12.3 inch screen in these things? Seems a bit ridiculous haha

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Good to know, it does have a warranty against breakage right? If I understand that correctly it would if nothing else mitigate out of pocket expenses….that and I always keep the lowest glass deductible on our Wranglers
Not really. There's been a few people here that have had success getting their GG factory upgrade covered under warranty and many that couldn't. The Mopar/GG 2-year warranty has a bit of wiggle room, covering one replacement due to damage from only certain-sized strikes. And iirc, some dealers insisted that this warranty only applied to a later purchased windshield and not the one that was installed at the factory (being a paid upgrade, it really shouldn't have mattered imo).

You can read the details at the bottom of page #2 of this PDF..

https://www.mopar.com/content/dam/mopar/content/store/pim/details/warranty.pdf

Sponsored

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Full float D44s on Rubicons?!
A good primer on the difference.

https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/1012or-full-floating-vs-semi-floating-axle-tech/amp/

Semi-Floating vs. Full-Floating
There are two types of rear axles found on light-duty 4WDs: Semi-floating and full-floating. Each has its advantages and disadvantages.
A semi-floating axle is very common on the rear of most 4WDs. It consists of an axle shaft on each side that is splined on the inner end where it mates to the differential and has a wheel flange where the wheel studs mount at the other end. This assembly typically mates to the end of the axle housing using some type of bolted flange arrangement. The axle shaft also rides on a large roller or ball bearing out at the end of the axle housing.
For a full-floating system, the axle shaft only serves to transmit the rotational torque from the differential out to the wheel. It does not carry the weight of the vehicle as a semi-floater does. On a full floater, a spindle is attached to the outer end of the axle housing. The wheel hub is mounted on this spindle and rides on tapered roller bearings. It is this assembly that carries the vehicle weight. As such, a full-floating axle system is considerably stronger than an equivalently sized semi-floating system.
For those of you who carry heavy loads, this means your axle load capacity is greatly increased with a full-floater. Load ratings for similar vehicles with the two different axles are usually significantly different. If you do hardcore wheeling on big tires, a full-floater means that your axle shafts can also handle much more loading than a similar semi-floater because it now must only handle torque loading.
Further advantages of a full-floater include being able to remove a broken axle shaft while keeping a functional rolling tire on that corner of the vehicle. This can be done since the wheel actually bolts to the wheel hub that rides on the spindle attached to the axle housing. If the axle has been fitted with manual locking hubs, it may be possible to unlock the rear hubs for towing a disabled vehicle on the trail or for flat towing over the road.

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

If the side curtain airbags rumor is true, then the door surrounds have to have some sort of revision, or they are mounting them in some sort of enclosure on the sport bar. That might also spell the demise of the half-door option, nobody's mentioned that yet.

Full floating axle on the Rubicon? You do that for weight carrying capacity, or the existing rear axle has had so many recalls that's all Dana has to offer Stellantis...

U-Connect 5 I can see being standard across the board, base levels Sports would get a smaller screen, maybe the 8.3 inch screen. Upper trim levels could easily support a larger 12" screen, some of the buttons would probably be moved into software into the screen or moved to either side of it.

18BlackJLRU

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4XE Rubicon
Hope that’s true. Dealers have been known to tell, umm, non-truthful facts. Did they say if you were price protected? Still haven’t heard from my dealer yet on my 4xe order without a VIN.
I have the printout of my order, it does state it is a 2024 and that the Price Protected !

Stengaaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy sonic, soon wrangler Jl 2 door
If the side curtain airbags rumor is true, then the door surrounds have to have some sort of revision, or they are mounting them in some sort of enclosure on the sport bar. That might also spell the demise of the half-door option, nobody's mentioned that yet.

Full floating axle on the Rubicon? You do that for weight carrying capacity, or the existing rear axle has had so many recalls that's all Dana has to offer Stellantis...

U-Connect 5 I can see being standard across the board, base levels Sports would get a smaller screen, maybe the 8.3 inch screen. Upper trim levels could easily support a larger 12" screen, some of the buttons would probably be moved into software into the screen or moved to either side of it.
I thought I’ve seen dual doors listed in the pics

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

I thought I’ve seen dual doors listed in the pics
There are pictures of the 2024 models? I might have missed that in this thread.

Anyone ask a dealer if the manual transmission can still be ordered in 2024? Engines all carry over, but with the impending recall and a manufacturing hold in place, the 6-spd might not make it.

Sponsored

Stengaaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy sonic, soon wrangler Jl 2 door
There are pictures of the 2024 models? I might have missed that in this thread.

Anyone ask a dealer if the manual transmission can still be ordered in 2024? Engines all carry over, but with the impending recall and a manufacturing hold in place, the 6-spd might not make it.
People posted pictures of the options list’s dealers have to order

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR

Possible to do the airbags in the seats? They are revising those so perhaps that’s a possibility?

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
That aligns with the initial information that towing capacity will be increased.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Not necessarily. Those curtain airbag modules can be fairly compact. Taking a look at what they did in the Bronco anyway, the roll cage doesn't look any different than what the Wrangler has. I assume that's why they shaped the JL's roll cage the way they did in the first place.

As for giving every Wrangler the 12" radio, that does streamline production a fair bit, I'd be surprised if they didn't use it as a chance to upsell though lol.

failsafe306

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 2.0
Build Thread
Link
A good primer on the difference.

https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/1012or-full-floating-vs-semi-floating-axle-tech/amp/

Semi-Floating vs. Full-Floating
There are two types of rear axles found on light-duty 4WDs: Semi-floating and full-floating. Each has its advantages and disadvantages.
A semi-floating axle is very common on the rear of most 4WDs. It consists of an axle shaft on each side that is splined on the inner end where it mates to the differential and has a wheel flange where the wheel studs mount at the other end. This assembly typically mates to the end of the axle housing using some type of bolted flange arrangement. The axle shaft also rides on a large roller or ball bearing out at the end of the axle housing.
For a full-floating system, the axle shaft only serves to transmit the rotational torque from the differential out to the wheel. It does not carry the weight of the vehicle as a semi-floater does. On a full floater, a spindle is attached to the outer end of the axle housing. The wheel hub is mounted on this spindle and rides on tapered roller bearings. It is this assembly that carries the vehicle weight. As such, a full-floating axle system is considerably stronger than an equivalently sized semi-floating system.
For those of you who carry heavy loads, this means your axle load capacity is greatly increased with a full-floater. Load ratings for similar vehicles with the two different axles are usually significantly different. If you do hardcore wheeling on big tires, a full-floater means that your axle shafts can also handle much more loading than a similar semi-floater because it now must only handle torque loading.
Further advantages of a full-floater include being able to remove a broken axle shaft while keeping a functional rolling tire on that corner of the vehicle. This can be done since the wheel actually bolts to the wheel hub that rides on the spindle attached to the axle housing. If the axle has been fitted with manual locking hubs, it may be possible to unlock the rear hubs for towing a disabled vehicle on the trail or for flat towing over the road.
Oh I know what a FF axle is, just was shocked to hear it may be on the table, and also shocked that nobody was talking about it! I guess a new 12” display and power seats are way more interesting 😂
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.