First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ-7, 1985 CJ-7, 1993 JGCLL, 2012 JGCLL 5.7
Occupation
Retired
Looks like a 12.3 inch screen, 8 way power drivers seat(waterproof of course), wireless car play, are standard for the 2024 rubicon…..And possibly an 8k winch option.

Vegas update…..
All I see is more breakable electronics with the exception of the winch. A good reference for the future of electronics in the 2024 Jeeps, can be found within other FCA-related vehicle threads like the TRX and Challenger/Charger, where many of the recurring issues are related to the electronics.

Also, I can assure you that non of the items in the aforementioned list are waterproof. More like water resistant and this is not semantics. I can only imagine the first washdown after a long day in the dunes/trails of the new 12.3 screen or 8 way power seat.

More reasons why not to buy a first gen vehicle from any manufacturer!
Sponsored

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
All I see is more breakable electronics with the exception of the winch. A good reference for the future of electronics in the 2024 Jeeps, can be found within other FCA-related vehicle threads like the TRX and Challenger/Charger, where many of the recurring issues are related to the electronics.

Also, I can assure you that non of the items in the aforementioned list are waterproof. More like water resistant and this is not semantics. I can only imagine the first washdown after a long day in the dunes/trails of the new 12.3 screen or 8 way power seat.

It’s not a new gen, just a refresh

…and if my 12 inch screen or my 8.4 inch screen, or my 7inch screen fails whats the difference…..the electronics argument went out the window with the TJ.

Osso

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

…and if my 12 inch screen or my 8.4 inch screen, or my 7inch screen fails whats the difference…..the electronics argument went out the window with the TJ.
It's just a bigger hole to fill! Keep in mind, more and more components are being tied into these newer components.

Again read the threads I recommended about the issues with the electronics - It tells the story!

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
Looks like a 12.3 inch screen, 8 way power drivers seat(waterproof of course), wireless car play, are standard for the 2024 rubicon…..And possibly an 8k winch option.

Vegas update…..
Its going to be interesting to see how they change the dash for this screen. Cant go too much wider because then you have to redesign the whole hvac routing system, I guess longer would work but then you are having to change all the other controls and way more of the dash.

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
How bout they don't do that at all, the 8.4 is plenty, if it isn't and you purchase a competitor (Bronco perhaps) due to it having a bigger tv in the dash then your priorities are far different than mine I guess...

Sponsored

JT23JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler
It was the capability package i was unsure of. Dealer not sure yet either. The black/red is scaring me a little. If that means the red/black seats as on the 20th ann im out.
It is speculation only, but I saw this on the Mopar Insiders website: "According to the information provided to dealers, the 2024 Jeep Wrangler will also come with a new “recovery package” (sales code XE5). While there are no details available yet, it is believed that the package will include a power winch to help recover the vehicle from difficult terrain."

pyrodave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue 4xE

I'm in vegas and the Stellantis conference is in the hotel i'm at, i see all the dealer reps wandering the lobby, but i've had no luck sneaking in or getting info from anyone lmfao

MadGerbil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
How bout they don't do that at all, the 8.4 is plenty, if it isn't and you purchase a competitor (Bronco perhaps) due to it having a bigger tv in the dash then your priorities are far different than mine I guess...
Just like the mobile phone became camera + phone + email + music even so we'll have the convergence of large screen TV + Jeep.

Probably about the time they release the JV?

JeeVee?
TVeep?

Help me out here.

Sponsored

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
Yep no reason to dump a massive screen in it the 8.4 is plenty. Its the extra features that would be nice, wireless carplay and integrated onx would be tits.

Osso

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yep no reason to dump a massive screen in it the 8.4 is plenty. Its the extra features that would be nice, wireless carplay and integrated onx would be tits.
Have you seen what the screen looks like on the TRX???

Heard they are putting in an 80 inch in 2025. Essentially, you will be driving a four-wheel-drive TV!

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
It is speculation only, but I saw this on the Mopar Insiders website: "According to the information provided to dealers, the 2024 Jeep Wrangler will also come with a new “recovery package” (sales code XE5). While there are no details available yet, it is believed that the package will include a power winch to help recover the vehicle from difficult terrain."
Hey, I’m a punching bag, but it’s accurate..just sharing from people who actually know

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
@JT23JL Can you post more of what you saw on the insiders site? whatever you can share we would all be happy to see. Right now the speculation is crazy the wait is frustrating. I am ready to order my and list my 2020 gladiator
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.