litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Am I reading this correctly? The "hybrid" model is only a 48v mild-hybrid. Basically an e-torque like engine and not a full PHEV?

Bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Sahara 4xe
Am I reading this correctly? The "hybrid" model is only a 48v mild-hybrid. basically an e-torque like engine and not a full PHEV?
Its like the tundra, its a NiHi battery so its heavy for the amount of power it holds. Plus side is it should be really cheap to replace compared to a Li battery.

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Its like the tundra, its a NiHi battery so its heavy for the amount of power it holds. Plus side is it should be really cheap to replace compared to a Li battery.
That makes no sense at all, unless you're Toyota, I guess. Hell-bent on pushing fuel cells while the rest of the industry pivoted to PHEV and BEV after being unable to work around the disadvantages of hydrogen as a fuel source. So to try and catch up they do... this? "Look, it''s a Hybrid!"

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Alex gives an overview of the new Tacoma lineup.

There are two off-road versions: TRD Pro and Trailhunter. TRD Pro comes with lockers and a front swaybar disconnect. Unique "suspended" front off-road seats are optional. Trailhunter includes a long list of ARB off-road accessories.

Limited offers a new adaptive suspension, and a unique full-time 4WD with a torsen limited slip center differential. Power side steps are now a factory option.

Six-way power seats are now available across most trim levels.

For some time now, while Jeep screws around with a new navigation screen and continues to jack up prices every three weeks, the competition has been introducing significant off-road innovations.

This looks like a very compelling truck.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The new IsoDynamic Performance seats now available on TRD-Pro
Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 Tacoma -- Here It Is! 🥊 Hybrid Model Added 🔋 1686698784570

CreepyCrepe

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge Green JLUWS, 20 Honda Pilot Elite
Clubs

For some time now, while Jeep screws around with a new navigation screen and continues to jack up prices every three weeks, the competition has been introducing significant off-road innovations.
This comes back to your other post regarding whether or not someone would recommend a Jeep to someone else. A Wrangler/Gladiator is a unique beast for sure, with the open air and off-road capability being a part of a very small convergence of circles in a Venn diagram, but the costs are getting ridiculous. I spent $37k on a 23 JLU Willys Sport , the only options were Sarge Green, Tow Package and SiriusXM antenna and that was 10% below MSRP. Comparable Tacoma and 4Runner MSRP prices can get you quite a lot for that.

This isn't to say it's a complete apples to apples comparison. I understand that there really is no replacement for rock crawling, but that's a very niche market and one that can't sustain an entire product line.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Jeep for what it is. I love the community that surrounds it. I love the experiences it has afforded me. My only regret in purchasing it is that I didn't get the XR package, but as the prices keep coming up (MSRP increased a few thousand just during my wait for the order to be built) if I had to buy a new vehicle today, I can't say that a Wrangler would be my next vehicle.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This comes back to your other post regarding whether or not someone would recommend a Jeep to someone else. A Wrangler/Gladiator is a unique beast for sure, with the open air and off-road capability being a part of a very small convergence of circles in a Venn diagram, but the costs are getting ridiculous. I spent $37k on a 23 JLU Willys Sport , the only options were Sarge Green, Tow Package and SiriusXM antenna and that was 10% below MSRP. Comparable Tacoma and 4Runner MSRP prices can get you quite a lot for that.

This isn't to say it's a complete apples to apples comparison. I understand that there really is no replacement for rock crawling, but that's a very niche market and one that can't sustain an entire product line.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Jeep for what it is. I love the community that surrounds it. I love the experiences it has afforded me. My only regret in purchasing it is that I didn't get the XR package, but as the prices keep coming up (MSRP increased a few thousand just during my wait for the order to be built) if I had to buy a new vehicle today, I can't say that a Wrangler would be my next vehicle.
I hear you totally. I am on the same boat.

Ridiculous prices and shitty dealers have me looking outside of Jeep —and Stellantis— for my next purchase. Whenever that is.

As fun and unique as Jeeps are, the value we receive for our money keeps falling as Jeep continues to jack up prices every three weeks.

Meanwhile, the competition keep making their offerings more enticing and more exciting.

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I hear you guys but I am still a Jeep guy. I wonder though if they figured out how to decrease the turning radius on the Tacoma The only things that have a bigger radius are the USS Enterprise and my gladiator.
Only turbo motors. Uggh a problem waiting about the time you hit a 100K miles. and while i am ranting I went by to look at a 392 at 2 dealers They all had a 25 K mark up Including one that was a total loss - theft recovery > I really thought Jeep dealers were mostly above that crap but I guess greed is universal.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I hear you totally. I am on the same boat.

Ridiculous prices and shitty dealers have me looking outside of Jeep —and Stellantis— for my next purchase. Whenever that is.

As fun and unique as Jeeps are, the value we receive for our money keeps falling as Jeep continues to jack up prices every three weeks.

Meanwhile, the competition keep making their offerings more enticing and more exciting.
The only problem is that you are stuck with a truck or a Bronco,. Remember when Toyota brought out The FJ how long did that last,? and Chevy named their little SUV pavement pounder a Blazer.

In a better a world, Chevy would have taken the ZR2 frame/ drive train put a convertible on it and stuck a diesel in it.
The fj would now look more like the old school Landcruisers 60,-70s , and the full-size Landcruiser would still be available and built like the 80 series was with front center and rear lockers..

SEE Chevy and Toyota have largely abandoned the off-road crowd. How long before the Bronco craze dies too?
I guess that is why I will always be a Jeep guy

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The only problem is that you are stuck with a truck or a Bronco,. Remember when Toyota brought out The FJ how long did that last,? and Chevy named their little SUV pavement pounder a Blazer.

In a better a world, Chevy would have taken the ZR2 frame/ drive train put a convertible on it and stuck a diesel in it.
The fj would now look more like the old school Landcruisers 60,-70s , and the full-size Landcruiser would still be available and built like the 80 series was with front center and rear lockers..

SEE Chevy and Toyota have largely abandoned the off-road crowd. How long before the Bronco craze dies too?
I guess that is why I will always be a Jeep guy
The entire industry is moving towards off-road, and buyers are following. The space is getting crowded fast.

While the competition adds off-road capability to their offerings, Jeep keeps playing with the grille design, the size of the screen and the trim levels.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
except that there is really nothing that can go where jeeps do without risk of some underpinning damage. Even the bronco as good as it is seems break shafts.
And what if you don't want a turbo?

CreepyCrepe

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge Green JLUWS, 20 Honda Pilot Elite
Clubs

except that there is really nothing that can go where jeeps do without risk of some underpinning damage. Even the bronco as good as it is seems break shafts.
And what if you don't want a turbo?
I think the time that even Jeep offers only turbo charged options is coming fast under stellantis.
Sponsored