Sponsored

ForgottenTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Sarge Green JLU Willys
I switched from a taco to a wrangler back in November. I didn’t hate the taco, it just wasn’t as fun to drive as the wrangler. Plus that 6 speed auto was a freaking pig. I don’t see myself switching back to one anytime soon.

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you Lord for blessing our family with a Jeep. The more new models of vehicles coming out the more we love our Jeep.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

If the next 4Runner follows this design language we'll be trading our JL immediately. Likely will have no removable roof or door (bummer), but also far fewer issues (looking at you door corrosion).
It is not likely it is an absolute fact they will not have a removable roof or doors. They are already announced anyway. So go order one up!

Stonerider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Sport 3.6L 6sp
How durable are these 4 banger turbo charged engines? Will they last as long as the old V6 engines?

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
battery would go under the rear seats just like the wrangler 4xe. They can probably get a slightly larger battery because the JT has a longer wheel base.
I’ve said it before I’ll say it again, there is a reason Jeep hasn’t built a 4xe JT. I suspect it has to do w/ the 2.0l and towing. The JL 4xe is so successful, if there was a way to make that combo work it would already be on the lots-

Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I wonder if their Manual Transmission offering is better than Jeep's?

It is great Toyota still offers a MT in their Taco, wish they did in the 2014 Tundra when I bought mine.

Obi_4xe

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
I’ve said it before I’ll say it again, there is a reason Jeep hasn’t built a 4xe JT. I suspect it has to do w/ the 2.0l and towing. The JL 4xe is so successful, if there was a way to make that combo work it would already be on the lots-
I towed a 2,300 lb trailer from Louisiana to Virginia at 21 avg mpg. There were zero problems with towing especially that the 4xe has the same tow rating as other Wranglers. No idea where you got this idea.

i do agree with you on the success however. That the wrangler 4xe is so successful, why move parts over to a JT?

Obi_4xe

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Tow 6K pounds & report back-
Bro really? Can ANY wrangler tow 6k? Not even the upcoming ones with full float axles are rated above 5,500 lbs.

new midsized trucks with 4cylinders have tow ratings above 7k lbs. it’s not just the engine. It’s the engineering of the entire vehicle when it comes to towing. What are you on?? Lol

edit: and not all JTs can tow more than6k lbs anyway. Only the max tow can get you 7.7k. Rubi and Mojave are rated at 7k. Every other trim is 6k and below.

Edit 2: not all Gladiators even come with a hitch. I’d be happy with a 4xe Gladiator towing 5.5lbs. Like I said in my first post, a bed for stuff for DIY projects. Not everyone is planning to tow a small camper.

Last edited:

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
That Trail Hunter version looks pretty good to me. If I were looking for a mid-size truck I might pick that one over the Chevy ZR2, but probably not over a Ford Ranger Raptor.
Sponsored