1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Just leaked (before official reveal tonight)!

Check it out at affiliate site Tacoma4G for full specs, release, photos.

1684443181231.png

https://www.tacoma4g.com/2024-tacoma-revealed-full-specs-release-pics/
I really do like this. So glad they didn't make it too ugly, or overwhelming tech. You can still get a manual old school.

EXCEPT I hate that huge view blocking screen. I watched a video last night of the interior and it's so intrusive. Would be nice if they had a version without that. As a potential buyer, I think that alone would prevent me from buying it.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 Tacoma -- Here It Is! πŸ₯Š Hybrid Model Added πŸ”‹ 1684496392868

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Nice looking truck. I scanned the article and didn’t see anything about a locking front diff. I saw locking rear diff. Not going to be real competition without a locking front diff.

There is an article on Fox News this morning about Grenadier - an old school Land Rover knock off. Kinda cool.

Reactions: AFD

Come2elmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chev 2500 HD, 16 Chevy Burb
EXCEPT I hate that huge view blocking screen. I watched a video last night of the interior and it's so intrusive. Would be nice if they had a version without that. As a potential buyer, I think that alone would prevent me from buying it.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 Tacoma -- Here It Is! πŸ₯Š Hybrid Model Added πŸ”‹ 1684496392868
Big hair had its day. This too shall pass.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 Tacoma -- Here It Is! πŸ₯Š Hybrid Model Added πŸ”‹ IMG_0060

Sponsored

Obi_4xe

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
270hp and 310tq, so not terrible.
The Tacoma hybrid engine gets 326 horsepower and 465 lb.-ft. of torque . Off the bat the 4xe already gets 375 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of instant torque. Come on Jeep! You don't really need to make too many modifications to already beat the Tacoma Hybrid with a 4xe Gladiator.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Wrangler 4xe. But the extra bed in the Gladiator sure makes hauling stuff for DIY projects much easier.

drpericak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Earl JLU Rubicon
Occupation
dentist
Can confirm πŸ˜‚

2EE89259-58DE-4BA6-A0D2-1C65EC7A52C6.gif
There's only one comment that would go after this, but I don't want to get banned just yet.

Why are Tacomas often in the same conversation as Wranglers? I don't get it. Jeep is a convertible SUV that you can take the doors off and get in a manual. The Tacoma is a small pickup truck, that you can get with a manual. What else am I missing?

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
What is the damn fascination with blood red on everything these days. 🀒
It sells.

Some people like some color in their interiors. It's funny, my wife and I are at major odds on this - she wants black, EVERYTHING black. She HATES multicolored interiors...I on the other hand can't get enough. GIVE ME COLOR!!!

It looks like the folks who like color in their vehicles are now outnumbering the black/grey/beige crowd so you're going to see more and more of this.

Sponsored

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Are the doors removable?

Seriously though, I wonder why only the lower-tier engine (SR5 and Pre-Runner) gets max towing of 6500lbs.

ratherbskiing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUWD
Why did I get TWO (marketing) emails from this forum about a Toyota product this AM? If I wanted to know about Toyotas I would join a Toyota forum. The occasional comparison is fine, but I fee like this is overblown to get clicks.