Sponsored

2024 Sport and S waiting room

Hellayella69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport; 2024 Wrangler Sport
From what I experienced the scheduled ship date was the date it gets scheduled and moved into D. And I believe others had similar experiences.
My Scheduled date was 7/20, Production 8/14, Built 8/16. How could the Ship Date be the same as Scheduled?
Sponsored

harleydad03

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wranger 2dr Sport S
Was it a ship date or an arrival date?

I got an estimated arrival date when I went into E (9/11), that then got delayed a day two days after (9/12). It dissapeared when it went into KZM (Shipped) and then reappeared a few days later with an earlier date (9/8).
The salesman said it was ship date and shipping usually takes 12-24 hrs - from Toledo to Abingdon VA.

Petaur

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Sport S (Ordered)
The salesman said it was ship date and shipping usually takes 12-24 hrs - from Toledo to Abingdon VA.
Ah you're getting it shipped directly and not via rail, nice! Gets to you faster that way.

KelVarnsen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4-door Sport S (ordered)
Hello all! I made a similar post over in the main waiting room, but I figured I'd also post over here where the cool people are.

Just placed an order over the weekend for a 4-door Sport S in Anvil.

FYI my dealer was unable to place an order for a configuration with the 2.0L turbo, even though I was getting an auto transmission. So my order is actually for a 3.6L with auto transmission, even though that shouldn't be possible on the 2024 Sport S. The dealer had no idea why that was the case, but my order was confirmed by Jeep the next day, so it's apparently a real thing.

Also, the dealer was showing a price of $4,500 for the auto transmission on their configurator, vs the $2,500 shown on Jeep's website. I got them to give me over 2k in discounts so it wasn't an issue, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up on the price increase as well.

Sponsored

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
Hello all! I made a similar post over in the main waiting room, but I figured I'd also post over here where the cool people are.

Just placed an order over the weekend for a 4-door Sport S in Anvil.

FYI my dealer was unable to place an order for a configuration with the 2.0L turbo, even though I was getting an auto transmission. So my order is actually for a 3.6L with auto transmission, even though that shouldn't be possible on the 2024 Sport S. The dealer had no idea why that was the case, but my order was confirmed by Jeep the next day, so it's apparently a real thing.

Also, the dealer was showing a price of $4,500 for the auto transmission on their configurator, vs the $2,500 shown on Jeep's website. I got them to give me over 2k in discounts so it wasn't an issue, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up on the price increase as well.
I think it's just Stellantis trying to get an extra $2k out of their customers.

If you could actually order a 3.6 with a manual there is no upcharge cuz it's the base engine and trans.
Can't order the 2.0T with a manual.
Getting the 2.0T with auto is only a $2500 upcharge.
Originally for 2024 you couldn't order a 3.6 with the auto. But now you can?
And getting the 3.6 with auto is $4500??
Makes no sense except for them trying to screw their customers out of another $2k.

It's cool the dealer gave you some discounts to counter the 3.6/auto $2k surcharge.

KelVarnsen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4-door Sport S (ordered)
I think it's just Stellantis trying to get an extra $2k out of their customers.

If you could actually order a 3.6 with a manual there is no upcharge cuz it's the base engine and trans.
Can't order the 2.0T with a manual.
Getting the 2.0T with auto is only a $2500 upcharge.
Originally for 2024 you couldn't order a 3.6 with the auto. But now you can?
And getting the 3.6 with auto is $4500??
Makes no sense except for them trying to screw their customers out of another $2k.

It's cool the dealer gave you some discounts to counter the 3.6/auto $2k surcharge.
Could be. I figured it’d be a good idea to get my order in before the contract negotiations with the UAW, since you know the company is going to use the slightest increase in labor costs as an excuse to jack consumer prices up (god forbid their profit margins or executive salaries go down). Maybe those price increases have already started.

It was just a huge curveball for me as I had already made my peace with the 2.0L being my only option. If given both options, I might have chosen the 3.6L anyway based on it being the engine with the longest track record. But it just felt weird to spec out every aspect of my Jeep, do all this research on the 2.0L, and then end up ordering something with a different engine. Idk, I’m still happy with the vehicle I ordered at the end of the day.

Deleted member 59498

No one going to rush to build y'alls Peasant Jeeps. :bandit: :LOL:

Sponsored

TNShaker

First Name
Baker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler
I am also waiting on my new peasant Jeep.. I may have a new name for it now. Lol . But it is also Anvil Sport S 3.6 auto confirmed 9-13. It’s replacing my 2016 JKU I had also custom ordered and some idiot unlicensed driver decided to total. I am extra excited to get it because after many years in a CJ7 to a JKU it is strange now not having one while I wait

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 Sport and S waiting room _storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Screenshots_Screenshot_20220505-194938_Facebook

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 Sport and S waiting room IMG_3422

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 Sport and S waiting room IMG_2727

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 Sport and S waiting room IMG_3593

Last edited:

WannaJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wannabe JL owner
Could be. I figured it’d be a good idea to get my order in before the contract negotiations with the UAW, since you know the company is going to use the slightest increase in labor costs as an excuse to jack consumer prices up (god forbid their profit margins or executive salaries go down). Maybe those price increases have already started.

It was just a huge curveball for me as I had already made my peace with the 2.0L being my only option. If given both options, I might have chosen the 3.6L anyway based on it being the engine with the longest track record. But it just felt weird to spec out every aspect of my Jeep, do all this research on the 2.0L, and then end up ordering something with a different engine. Idk, I’m still happy with the vehicle I ordered at the end of the day.
Tried to order the 2.0 turbo with the auto and multiple dealerships say it's not available, but that is literally the only configuration with an auto available on the Jeep configurator.

First Jeep order and the frustration level is high...

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
Tried to order the 2.0 turbo with the auto and multiple dealerships say it's not available, but that is literally the only configuration with an auto available on the Jeep configurator.

This has been gone over on other threads I believe.
Originally for model year 2024 it was:
3.6 with manual was standard. Couldn’t get the 3.6 with the auto until you got to the rubicon level trim. You could also not get a manual due to a TSB. So you were stuck getting a 2.0t with auto or go up to rubicon to get the 3.6 with auto. They also restricted the 2.0t engine cuz they needed those engine for the 4xe’s. They now allow you to get a 3.6 with auto on any of the trims. But there is an up charge of $4500 for that combo.

412JeepDude

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Compass

Tell that to the tons of us who ordered 6MT jeeps and have been waiting for over 100+ days lol. We feel your pain. The struggle is real.
Sponsored