Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Anvil x35 Rubicon X
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Managed to find my order’s clone on a dealer lot in Indiana (minus winch and rock sliders - easy add ons down the line) so pulled the trigger last week and had it shipped to Ohio. 50 days in D1 just wasn’t cutting it, so shoutout to Tony from Academy CDJR in Tipton, IN. He was great to work with, and I’m thrilled to finally be behind the wheel instead of refreshing the trackers and sweating the strike. You never know what’s going to pop up on inventory, so keep your eyes peeled!
Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 Order Waiting Room IMG_5288
Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 Order Waiting Room IMG_5161
Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 Order Waiting Room IMG_5151
Sponsored

Jrodcy

First Name
Jefry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 rubicon
Managed to find my order’s clone on a dealer lot in Indiana (minus winch and rock sliders - easy add ons down the line) so pulled the trigger last week and had it shipped to Ohio. 50 days in D1 just wasn’t cutting it, so shoutout to Tony from Academy CDJR in Tipton, IN. He was great to work with, and I’m thrilled to finally be behind the wheel instead of refreshing the trackers and sweating the strike. You never know what’s going to pop up on inventory, so keep your eyes peeled!
CONGRATS ! By a chance did your first dealership return your deposit?

Shelby73

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Hold on to your seats, looks like I'll be Rollin soon. Long wait is almost over!

VEHICLE BUILT
Your vehicle has been built and will be shipped to your selected dealership.

1. Order ConfirmedMay-15-2023
  2. ScheduledJun-22-2023
  3. In ProductionSep-08-2023
  4. Vehicle BuiltSep-11-2023
  5. ShippedTBD

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 Order Waiting Room 1694551555293

Sponsored

GolfR

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, GolfR
My Jeep is in….but there’s a problem.

I was excited to get the text from my sales guy that my Jeep had arrived today. Stopped into the dealer this afternoon, gave it a look over before the PDI and proceeded to conversations with the manager, then the problems started…

I have in writing (text message) their agreement to match Mitch’s offer of 7% off. Unfortunately I didn’t learn of Mitch’s offer before placing the order and told the dealership that I was going to take my business elsewhere if they did t match. Sent them the link to this forum and asked directly if they would match it and they said yes…in writing. I spoke with the salesman to verify that he had spoken with the manager and he said yes.

So, now the new general manager (who the on-site manager had to call) is not honoring the deal. Let’s just say that Jack didn’t say “yes” at Antwerpen Jeep in Ellicott City MD. On top of that, she tried to play games with numbers to roll my 1k cash offer into the 7% discount. I called her on it and made her walk through the numbers step by step until we got to the same thing. Of course I got the whole “I’m losing 3k on this blah blah blah”.

So no deal tonight. I was very clear that all I want is for them to honor the agreements made in writing. Also let her know that I was willing to escalate as far as it took to get what I ordered for the mutually agreed price. I also mentioned that I hoped that I wouldn’t have to rate them very poorly in the satisfaction survey. She seemed to react negatively to that. I have been 100% respectful, and so has everyone in the sales room.

Sales manager is supposed to call me in the morning after the General Manager gets into the office and she has a chance to talk with him face to face. I’m really hoping this is just a miss understanding but it’s certainly negatively affecting my view of this dealership so far.

Any advice from the all knowing forums???

Last edited:

UTME

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon-X Unlimited
My Jeep is in….but there’s a problem.

I was excited to get the text from my sales guy that my Jeep had arrived today. Stopped into the dealer this afternoon, gave it a look over before the PDI and proceeded to conversations with the manager, then the problems started…

I have in writing (text message) their agreement to match Mitch’s offer of 7% off. Sent them the link to this forum and asked directly if they would match it and they said yes…in writing. I spoke with the salesman to verify that he had spoken with the manager and he said yes, it was the manager that responded to me.

So, now the new general manager (who the on-site manager had to call) is not honoring the deal. Let’s just say that Jack didn’t say “yes” at Antwerpen Jeep in Ellicott City MD. On top of that, she tried to play games with numbers to roll my 1k cash offer into the 7% discount. I called her on it and made her walk through the numbers step by step until we got to the same thing. Of course I got the whole “I’m losing 3k on this blah blah blah”.

So no deal tonight. I was very clear that all I want is for them to honor the agreements made in writing. Also let her know that I was willing to escalate as far as it took to get what I ordered for the mutually agreed price. I also mentioned that I hoped that I wouldn’t have to rate them very poorly in the satisfaction survey. She seemed to react negatively to that. I have been 100% respectful, and so has everyone in the sales room.

Sales manager is supposed to call me in the morning after the General Manager gets into the office and she has a chance to talk with him face to face. I’m really hoping this is just a miss understanding but it’s certainly negatively affecting my view of this dealership so far.

“I have in writing (text message)” doesn’t sound like a binding contract. But why even do business with dishonest people like this. Just walk away and order another Jeep from Mitch if that’s what you want.

GolfR

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, GolfR
“I have in writing (text message)” doesn’t sound like a binding contract. But why even do business with dishonest people like this. Just walk away and order another Jeep from Mitch if that’s what you want.
I agree that there is a lack of binding contract. But it is bait and switch tactics. Does anyone know if there are penalties from Jeep if they don’t sell me the vehicle?

lights

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL 2-door Rubicon
Ordered end of June and arrived today!
XR, 4.88s, Technology & convenience packages. Best of luck for those of you waiting.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 Order Waiting Room IMG_8921
Congrats! I don’t understand how this is possible but damn that’s awesome

Ryanotd

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep 392
I think I need to pick your brain on this. I placed an order for my 392 on June 29, and it's still in 'C' status. It's been almost 80 days now. Jeep chat wasn't helpful; I've tried them three times, and they keep sending me canned replies. I reached out to my dealer, and he told me it's been scheduled and sent me this picture which I don’t think it means anything. I need the car before the end of the year for tax purposes. Should I try to find the same setup I ordered from another state and have it shipped to me, or should I wait for my order?

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 Order Waiting Room 71598733977__6EE06795-0EDC-4D54-8925-1F5F958386D9

Sponsored

Quiet_Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RST Silverado, 2019 X3 BMW, 2020 Sahara
I think I need to pick your brain on this. I placed an order for my 392 on June 29, and it's still in 'C' status. It's been almost 80 days now. Jeep chat wasn't helpful; I've tried them three times, and they keep sending me canned replies. I reached out to my dealer, and he told me it's been scheduled and sent me this picture which I don’t think it means anything. I need the car before the end of the year for tax purposes. Should I try to find the same setup I ordered from another state and have it shipped to me, or should I wait for my order?

71598733977__6EE06795-0EDC-4D54-8925-1F5F958386D9.jpeg
Basically you’re in D status right before D1 status. You go into D status once you get you VIN, really means nothing because the build process hasn’t been started. I as well told my sales lady that I need my vehicle before next year being we are PCSing to AK. I’m currently looking at lots to see what I can get

Scheduled:

C = tentative schedule

D = firm schedule: serial number assigned

D1 = gateline: unit sequenced for production, est ship date assigned

Build:

E = framing

F = paint

G = trim

Built:

I = unit built, pending final inspection

J = vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier

JB = shipped to body vendor

JE = shipped to emissions

JJ = consigned to body vendor

JS = shipped to storage

KZ = released by plant and invoiced

Ryanotd

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep 392
Basically you’re in D status right before D1 status. You go into D status once you get you VIN, really means nothing because the build process hasn’t been started. I as well told my sales lady that I need my vehicle before next year being we are PCSing to AK. I’m currently looking at lots to see what I can get

Scheduled:

C = tentative schedule

D = firm schedule: serial number assigned

D1 = gateline: unit sequenced for production, est ship date assigned

Build:

E = framing

F = paint

G = trim

Built:

I = unit built, pending final inspection

J = vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier

JB = shipped to body vendor

JE = shipped to emissions

JJ = consigned to body vendor

JS = shipped to storage

KZ = released by plant and invoiced

Thank you, I got my VIN 2 days after the order. My sales guy indicated that there is a strike and shortage and … like there is always some crisis ??‍♂

musicforme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X v6, Auto, Step-Assist Rock Rails
Sorry you're having to deal with this. My spidey sense went off with the sales manager of my first order and I didn't trust him which lead me to placing a second order. with one of the reputable dealers on this site.

If I were in your shoes, if you end up with them not honoring your original deal, I'd let them know that you'll be posting reviews on every dealer review site you can find. Your posts will stick to the facts and you'll upload any photos or screenshots of the conversation covering the deal they didn't honor. I'd save this if all else fails. If they still fail to honor it, do what you stated so others know about their lack of business ethics.

Quiet_Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RST Silverado, 2019 X3 BMW, 2020 Sahara
Thank you, I got my VIN 2 days after the order. My sales guy indicated that there is a strike and shortage and … like there is always some crisis ??‍♂
Yeah, I got my VIN 2 days after it was confirmed on July 3rd. I’m not sure about a shortage, but yes, the strike is something looming. We will see

Melchior

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota GR Supra
Hi folks. New to this whole process. Just placed an order about a week ago. Got the von and see the vin on the jeep website. How can we tell what stage (D, D1 etc) from Jeep’s site? All I see on jeep’s tracker is “order confirmed”. I’m assuming it’ll be a few months before I see progress or move onto the next stage?
Sponsored