Sponsored

2024 Model Year - Mid-Cycle Action (MCA Refresh) - Predictions for JL?

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I don't have time to go back and find the exact quote right now, but I will later. But you said originally that the 2023 would have a new frame and tub that would be different from the previous models. And that it would allow 37s because of these changes. All that concept vehicle shows is the same Jeep Performance Parts lift and 37s that concept vehicles have been shown with for the past six years, but with an additional ugly grill. And anyway, it still isn't something that has come to production with any changes. Like I said before, we will know about production changes, well in advance of a mid year refresh, through legitimate sources. Your cousins brothers uncle who is an engineer and has top secret information has not shown to be a reliable source of anything but vague references that haven't panned out.
Next Generation Prediction | Page 9 | Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, 4xe, 392 - JLwranglerforums.com

Official: Hurricane Twin-Turbo 3.0 I-6 Coming for Jeep - HO with 510HP and 500 ft-lbs! | Page 29 | Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, 4xe, 392 - JLwranglerforums.com

Logic and facts go out the window with Raven. I used to think he was an expert troll. After engaging and witnessing other discussions, it's quite clear he's just not all there in the head. Literally nothing about the article supports his claim and Jeep Concepts are introduced every single year.
Sponsored

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Next Generation Prediction | Page 9 | Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, 4xe, 392 - JLwranglerforums.com

Official: Hurricane Twin-Turbo 3.0 I-6 Coming for Jeep - HO with 510HP and 500 ft-lbs! | Page 29 | Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, 4xe, 392 - JLwranglerforums.com

Logic and facts go out the window with Raven. I used to think he was an expert troll. After engaging and witnessing other discussions, it's quite clear he's just not all there in the head. Literally nothing about the article supports his claim and Jeep Concepts are introduced every single year.
Can't for the life of me figure out why you kids get so whiney when someone chooses to share information they were given. If it really makes you cry, just go take a break. Find a safe space.

This is what forums are for. Owners getting together to share what they know and discuss what it means. Grow up and participate like adults, or go play in another room.

Reactions: AFD

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic

The 2023 model is a lot more than a "refresh". I don't know if FCA will call it "all-new" but it's definitely not a re-style. It's got an all new frame and tub. I don't know anything beyond that but logic dictates if that much is new than there could be A LOT more.
Ah yes the statement of fact, that the 23 was going to be "a lot more than a refresh" and it's true because he's seen it. But even the concept that he is claiming as the thing, is just a ugly grill on a good ol JL.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I'm hoping for Uconnect 5 and the Hurricane engine. Plus, I'd love to see the XR package for the gladiator.

With the Bronco Raptor out, I could see jeep having a "Mojavicon" Wrangler and Gladiator. Either the 392 or twin turbo Hurricane with 37 inch tires. HA! Just wishful thinking on my part.

Probably just stickers and badging with super minor interior tweaks.

Sponsored

cripton805

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport w/ 6sp
I'm hoping for Uconnect 5 and the Hurricane engine. Plus, I'd love to see the XR package for the gladiator.

With the Bronco Raptor out, I could see jeep having a "Mojavicon" Wrangler and Gladiator. Either the 392 or twin turbo Hurricane with 37 inch tires. HA! Just wishful thinking on my part.

Probably just stickers and badging with super minor interior tweaks.
Ford just made the Ford Ranger Raptor.

I'm fairly confident that Jeep will respond with something. If Gladiator sales slump. They did make the Mojave? So, maybe they won't feel the need to. But they definitely need a Mojave with 4.56 and 35s.

The XR Wrangler 392 was a response to the Bronco / Raptor.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I hardly think FCA/Stellantis has any need to follow a trend on mid cycle refreshes. The JK was junky at its outset and had many areas needing obvious improvement, I don't think that because they did it at X Y and Z intervals with a different vehicle that the same should apply to the JL. The interior is high quality and exactly what it needs to be right now (and ahead of the Bronco's) with the possible exception of UConnect4.

A real JL refresh would be stuff like a tougher D44 assembly with a reinforced FAD-side tube, the 3.0T, UConnect5, factory onboard air option, simplified 12v battery situation (no more motorcycle battery), and I don't know what else. The vehicle design inside and out is not in need of a refresh.

I know I'm dreaming with the FAD situation but man did they do wonders weakening the 44 with that cast piece being load bearing with no additional reinforcement.

258_T18A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon 392, 1979 CJ7
Planning on trading in my 2015 JKUHR later this year on either a JLU Rubicon or a Gladiator. Thoughts on whether the XR will be available with a stickshift later in MY23 or in MY24?

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
What ever happened to the scuba mask grille that was shown at the 2022 EJS?

Sponsored

258_T18A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, what's the latest on a 20th Anniversary Rubicon? Haven't seen anything since SEMA in November. I'm guessing it's probably not going to happen and if there's no announcement at Easter Jeep Safari in two months then it's definitely not happening.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Would be great to see some love for the 2-door JL's...

XR Package, Optional Gears Ratios (for both manual and auto trans) 360 Camera, Larger Touchscreen, 3.0TT, Real Dual Battery Set-up For ESS, Larger Gas Tank, Front Axle With More Positive Caster Designed In, Doors Without 'Dimples' At Hinges...These would be the top of my 24MY 'refresh' wish list :)

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Also, what's the latest on a 20th Anniversary Rubicon? Haven't seen anything since SEMA in November. I'm guessing it's probably not going to happen and if there's no announcement at Easter Jeep Safari in two months then it's definitely not happening.
That's not going to be an offering. That show vehicle is previewing the refresh.

vaJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Hopefully some sort of modular hard top..
I'd love to be able to buy one that offers a safari mode like the soft top.

258_T18A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's not going to be an offering. That show vehicle is previewing the refresh.
So a 25th Anniversary edition in 2028? Assuming the refresh doesn't get pushed to 2029 or later.
Sponsored