Sponsored

2024 Model Year - Mid-Cycle Action (MCA Refresh) - Predictions for JL?

GoBlue97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2
They've milked the current build for a good four years at this point, so Customers are due a refresh for the 2024 MY. I presume we'll see UConnect 5 with a 10.1' screen. I doubt they add the 3L as an option below the 392 until JM at the latter part of this decade.

Any other predictions?
Sponsored

Reactions: J0E

Sponsored

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
My prediction is that there won't be a refresh until later this decade (2028-2030) and the flagship trim for the next gen Wrangler will be a full EV.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I don't see a refresh happening until the next generation, especially given the fact Jeep can't even afford worthless plastic engine covers anymore.

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
I don't see them doing anything substantial beyond maybe upgrading the infotainment until the JM drops. They could maybe use that new grille they floated at EJS, I suppose. I'd love to see a 2dr Gladiator based on the concept they've teased us with powered by the new 3L TTV6 or a Hemi but the odds of that are less than hitting the Powerball.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
I think some people might not know that refresh is not a new model, thus "mid cycle"

I'd predict uconnect 5, new wheels, headlights/taillights, new plastic bumpers. I could see them making led lights standard across the board.

Sponsored

OP
OP

GoBlue97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2
I think some people might not know that refresh is not a new model, thus "mid cycle"

I'd predict uconnect 5, new wheels, headlights/taillights, new plastic bumpers. I could see them making led lights standard across the board.
Correct - almost all FCA/STLA have had refreshes or mild-cycle actions between an 8, 10, or 12 year program life - depending on the product.

So the MCA usually happens in Model Year 4, 5, or 6. STLA would blame the pandemic with how late the JL MCA is, but to echo the frustrations here - that is inexcusable for a product that mints so much profit. Wrangler fans deserve better, but as someone else stated - as long as they keep selling in current numbers, with current (insane) profit margins, STLA doesnt care.

Hoping Wrangler sales decrease while Bronco sales increase is the only way forward for getting better Wrangler product.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
I personally dislike having a big screen television in the middle of the dashboard, aside from being ugly, and at night a source of unwanted light pollution, it's a weak spot in ruggedness.

Like the Bluetooth speaker in the Gladiator, the TV should be completely optional with a mount.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
There was rumors that 2023 would be the last year for the 392.?
Sponsored