Sponsored

2024 Model Year - Mid-Cycle Action (MCA Refresh) - Predictions for JL?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
STLA would blame the pandemic with how late the JL MCA is, but to echo the frustrations here - that is inexcusable for a product that mints so much profit. Wrangler fans deserve better, but as someone else stated - as long as they keep selling in current numbers, with current (insane) profit margins, STLA doesnt care.
I honestly donā€™t care if JL gets a refresh or not.

But your point about Stellantis not giving two hoots about such a profitable vehicle is well taken. If it did, itā€™d have fixed the ongoing dual battery problems, the never-ending steering issues, and the terrible dealer experience by now.
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
....uhh, what updates?

A mid-cycle refresh is new bumpers, headlights, infotainment refresh. None of those
4Xe
Xtreme Recon

Those are pretty big

There have also been minor changes like steering boxes, wheel and tire shuffles, paint, etc.

With current supply chain issues, I doubt anything will be changed for aesthetics or for a bigger screen.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
They would quicker cede that market to Mahindra than do what you've described. They are addicted to fiefdom building at CTC. It's infected all of the US automotive companies. Headcount is power. Efficiency/reduction in spend, unless its beaten out of a supplier, is a career limiting word.
A Roxor cant legally be road driven in most states, and those that allow it, the vehicle requires work to be done to do so.

I think a case could be made for Jeep to buy the Roxor operation out and offer a new generation of CJ.

And I agree, they keep running their fiefdom by driving prices though the roof. I would be happy to see incremental changes rather than a big mid cycle refresh with a new grille, bumpers, lights and a new radio, and big price increases for nothing more than a fresh look.

Last edited:

jollyjerry

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Willys Sport, 89 CRX Si, 90 Buick Reatta
I grabbed the '22 because the base infotainment got CarPlay. Now that I own one, I hope they don't do a mid cycle refresh and preserve resale further. Just throw in a new special color a year, and shuffle around the packages for the rest of the generation.

Sponsored

tgeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Rubicon
I would like surround cameras, better seats with cooling, and some new colors. I wouldn't be surprised if we get little or no refresh soon. In the last few troubling years, I see problems with Stellantis' decisions to: charge for paint colors (in addition to numerous price increases including those before covid); make XR available, not available, available, not ...; > ditto for 392; not bring out a significant Rubicon 20th anniversary special edition; not have a mid-cycle refresh (yet?); offer colors like Reign, then pull it before any can be seen at a dealership; and to follow the government push (especially since 2 years ago the US was energy independent with 200+ years of oil available within our country) to drop ICE vehicles way too quickly. Maybe it will take sales losses to the next 4Runner or something else to light a fire at Jeep to better consider its loyal off-roaders. If the next 4Runner looks anything like this rendition and has seats that aren't back-breakers, I may be in.
https://topelectricsuv.com/news/toyota/next-gen-2024-toyota-4runner-update/

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
4Xe
Xtreme Recon

Those are pretty big

There have also been minor changes like steering boxes, wheel and tire shuffles, paint, etc.
Seeing as I couldn't buy a 2-door 4xe, 392 or XR, I personally don't at all consider those "updates", but rather new trim levels for the 4-door.

And making the old standard Rubi wheel a $1k+ premium option, while shuffling the cheaper 4xe wheel to be its standard replacement isn't a positive change for anything other than padding Jeep's profits - along with removing the second interior lighting wheel, removing the v6 engine cover, removing the Rubi's red tach/speedo, instead using the lower 2.0T redline for the v6. But at least we got a tiny $2 US flag sticker and the new passenger-side crash beam (which they were still too cheap to spring for the driver's side beam or an actual nice-looking flag badge like the GW).

I'm guessing next year we'll get a carpet delete and rear seating delete as $500 options šŸ¤”

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
I personally dislike having a big screen television in the middle of the dashboard, aside from being ugly, and at night a source of unwanted light pollution, it's a weak spot in ruggedness.

Like the Bluetooth speaker in the Gladiator, the TV should be completely optional with a mount.
Except for the front camera which is the ultimate off-road crawlers advantage

I predict, just as I have for the 2022 and 2023 threads about a "mid cycle refresh", that there wont be one. Jeep has made random updates and offerings during this cycle without waiting for a new year model to do so.

Right now, I would also guess that when a new Wrangler comes out years from now, it will be based on the same frame for the most part, and maybe the same tubs.

I have a sinking felling that Stellantis wants to chase Mercedes, trying to compete with the Gwagen cash cow. However, their attempt to be a luxury level brand is not doing well, as the dealership network just can't handle it.

THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN, but

One thing that Jeep would be wise to do is sell a stripper model (maybe call it Wrangler X), like previous generations offered. Keep it below $30k, including delivery. V6 only, with no stop start, eTorque or extra battery, a better manual, 2 front seats, no AC, half doors, soft top, no cost solid (no flake) paint choices (white, red, black, sing grey), FAD delete with manual hubs, steel wheels, base radio only. Very few options such as AC, 3.73, 4.10 axles. The axles would be M220/M210 with no lockers or LSD, an incentive for builders/modders to buy one. If you want more options you would be forced to a Sport. As a matter of fact they should make the M220/M210 with no lockers and optional ratios available across the lines. Optional TruTracs would be even better.
I'd pay extra for manual hubs

Last edited:

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I'd pay extra for manual hubs
Are there wheels available in our bolt pattern with big enough center holes? CJā€™s had big enough holes that the steel wheels had a reinforcement ring, and the off road mags were very thick and heavy. Heavy enough that I had an identical looking standard duty one for the spare. Just a thought. šŸ¤”

Sponsored

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
Their mid cycle refresh will be give you nothing, charge more for it, and tell you to just be happy that they are still making them. Oh, and a free* bottle of touch-up paint for the door hinges.

*Just pay separate postage and packaging fee of $290

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
As mentioned by many already in this thread expect the unexpectedā€¦ meaning stellantis will probably do the same refresh as it did from MY22 to MY23 so basically switch around some package options maybe add a few more things as a stand alone options raise prices again and continue on with the same, with supply chain issues still lingering making changes or updating some of current parts could create more problems in delays issues with builds, maybe Iā€™m wrong but I think we donā€™t see any major changes till the 8 or 10 yr range maybe we get the new Uconnect sooner but weā€™ll see

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN, but

One thing that Jeep would be wise to do is sell a stripper model (maybe call it Wrangler X), like previous generations offered. Keep it below $30k, including delivery. V6 only, with no stop start, eTorque or extra battery, a better manual, 2 front seats, no AC, half doors, soft top, no cost solid (no flake) paint choices (white, red, black, sing grey), FAD delete with manual hubs, steel wheels, base radio only. Very few options such as AC, 3.73, 4.10 axles. The axles would be M220/M210 with no lockers or LSD, an incentive for builders/modders to buy one. If you want more options you would be forced to a Sport. As a matter of fact they should make the M220/M210 with no lockers and optional ratios available across the lines. Optional TruTracs would be even better.
i.e. "a REAL Jeep"!

Yes! Sign me up!! šŸ˜ƒšŸ‘