Sponsored

2024 Model Year - Mid-Cycle Action (MCA Refresh) - Predictions for JL?

RobTrachtman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttleclickchrysler.com
Vehicle(s)
19 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Fleet Manager Tuttle Click Jeep Chrysler Dodge Hyundai
I have not heard anything in regards to the 392 being in its last year yet. I did hear from one of the big guys there are a couple new unannounced Jeeps coming out .. No other details but they a e supposed to be pretty exciting.
Sponsored

OP
OP

GoBlue97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2
Lord help us if they're foolish enough to build additional EVs beyond the Jeep Recon and Jeep Wagoneer S. If you're looking for blame as to where your Wrangler margin/STLA profit went instead of iterating on a better Wrangler, look no further than the EV folly.

OP
OP

GoBlue97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2
Everytime someone mentions the JL was released and has been out for 6 years.

giphy.gif
We just hit year five calendar years. It was unveiled at the 2017 November LA auto show and actual deliveries started in February/March 2018 (I believe). The 2018 JL Model Year was a shortened model year, only six four to six months, and it overlapped with the 2018 JK. 2019 JL production started in July or August 2018.

Reactions: J0E

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I have not heard anything in regards to the 392 being in its last year yet. I did hear from one of the big guys there are a couple new unannounced Jeeps coming out .. No other details but they a e supposed to be pretty exciting.
Stellantis did announce that this was the end of the line for the HEMIs, to be replaced with the new Hurricane 3.0T I-6 family of engines.

skiptheroad

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Astronaut
I don't see them doing anything substantial beyond maybe upgrading the infotainment until the JM drops. They could maybe use that new grille they floated at EJS, I suppose. I'd love to see a 2dr Gladiator based on the concept they've teased us with powered by the new 3L TTV6 or a Hemi but the odds of that are less than hitting the Powerball.
Thumbs up for a 2 door Gladiator.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
My Crystal Ball did an auto refresh, and now says one more year for them to announce the end of the 392 with the 24’s and profit from several “last call, final edition” special editions AKA Charger/Challenger. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: J0E

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I predict, just as I have for the 2022 and 2023 threads about a "mid cycle refresh", that there wont be one. Jeep has made random updates and offerings during this cycle without waiting for a new year model to do so.

Right now, I would also guess that when a new Wrangler comes out years from now, it will be based on the same frame for the most part, and maybe the same tubs.

I have a sinking felling that Stellantis wants to chase Mercedes, trying to compete with the Gwagen cash cow. However, their attempt to be a luxury level brand is not doing well, as the dealership network just can't handle it.

THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN, but

One thing that Jeep would be wise to do is sell a stripper model (maybe call it Wrangler X), like previous generations offered. Keep it below $30k, including delivery. V6 only, with no stop start, eTorque or extra battery, a better manual, 2 front seats, no AC, half doors, soft top, no cost solid (no flake) paint choices (white, red, black, sing grey), FAD delete with manual hubs, steel wheels, base radio only. Very few options such as AC, 3.73, 4.10 axles. The axles would be M220/M210 with no lockers or LSD, an incentive for builders/modders to buy one. If you want more options you would be forced to a Sport. As a matter of fact they should make the M220/M210 with no lockers and optional ratios available across the lines. Optional TruTracs would be even better.

Sponsored

OP
OP

GoBlue97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2
I predict, just as I have for the 2022 and 2023 threads about a "mid cycle refresh", that there wont be one. Jeep has made random updates and offerings during this cycle without waiting for a new year model to do so.

....uhh, what updates?

A mid-cycle refresh is new bumpers, headlights, infotainment refresh. None of those things have happened.

Any updates you've referenced are minor in nature, and are the bare minimum for a vehicle program that mints billions in profits.

They've done the bare minimum and are now on the verge of doing below minimum if the MCA doesn't arrive in the 2024 model year.

OP
OP

GoBlue97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2
One thing that Jeep would be wise to do is sell a stripper model (maybe call it Wrangler X), like previous generations offered. Keep it below $30k, including delivery. V6 only, with no stop start, eTorque or extra battery, a better manual, 2 front seats, no AC, half doors, soft top, no cost solid (no flake) paint choices (white, red, black, sing grey), FAD delete with manual hubs, steel wheels, base radio only. Very few options such as AC, 3.73, 4.10 axles. The axles would be M220/M210 with no lockers or LSD, an incentive for builders/modders to buy one. If you want more options you would be forced to a Sport. As a matter of fact they should make the M220/M210 with no lockers and optional ratios available across the lines. Optional TruTracs would be even better.

They would quicker cede that market to Mahindra than do what you've described. They are addicted to fiefdom building at CTC. It's infected all of the US automotive companies. Headcount is power. Efficiency/reduction in spend, unless its beaten out of a supplier, is a career limiting word.

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Can we not bedazzle the wrangler anymore than it already is? We are going to need 4 batteries by 2027 which will all drain after 3 months use.

RobTrachtman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttleclickchrysler.com
Vehicle(s)
19 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Fleet Manager Tuttle Click Jeep Chrysler Dodge Hyundai
Stellantis did announce that this was the end of the line for the HEMIs, to be replaced with the new Hurricane 3.0T I-6 family of engines.
Yes,

Some of the engines have seen better days and its time for the 3.6l to become history. The 3 liter is amazing in every respect. Also nice coming up is the 2.0liter turbo with 200 hp in the revised 23 Compass.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Yellow tow hooks.
I still think yellow tow hooks should've been standard on the diesel models. Or at least the FarOut farewell.
Sponsored