Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
2024 JLR (SWB) X Package on order, it comes with the 35 tires.

Question: Does it come with taller springs and Shocks like the XR package did on the 392 or is it the regular OEM Rubicon Springs and Shocks as found on the JLR

To put it another way: Is the JLR, suspension the same as the JLR-X on the SWB

I need to know the answer as I have a set of 392 XR take offs Spring/Shocks that I will put on my 2024 JLR-X or sell them if I don't need them.

I do know the 392 may have different parts numbers, what COUNTS is how tall the Shocks/Springs are.

Thanks to all who answer...
Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
I don’t have an answer to your question, but you are wrong thinking the shocks will be ok.

the springs you bought were for a 4 door with a heavy engine and will lift your 2 door non 392 a lot more than it did the 4 door 392. Therefore the shocks will most likely be too short or way out of their normal operating range. But teraflex shock extensions would do the job.

Also, given the added lift, your Jeep will most likely end-up overlifted for 35s.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
They've always marketed the X/XR with 35" tire "suspension" so one could assume that the taller springs and longer shocks will be part of the package now that it is offered on the 2dr. The only way we will know for sure is after someone takes delivery and confirms it. Keep us posted when you get yours.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Old Jeeper

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I don’t have an answer to your question, but you are wrong thinking the shocks will be ok.

the springs you bought were for a 4 door with a heavy engine and will lift your 2 door non 392 a lot more than it did the 4 door 392. Therefore the shocks will most likely be too short or way out of their normal operating range. But teraflex shock extensions would do the job.

Also, given the added lift, your Jeep will most likely end-up overlifted for 35s.
I have considered this.

I suspect that the difference between front curb weight is not significant. I have steel front bumper Warn Xeon 12k.

That is my offset, by how much not sure, TBD.

I would think the diff between V6 and V8 is not as large as one may thing. Yes longer block and head by 2 Cyl. All the external bolts ons are not significantly larger. This is not a 427 Chevy Vs 350 Chevy.

Jeep Rubicon curb wt: 2dr/4dr (lbs/Kg)
4,193 (1,902) / 4,449 (2,018)

While I dunno only the tale of the tape will know...

TexasJeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubi 392 on order

Question: Does it come with taller springs and Shocks like the XR package did on the 392 or is it the regular OEM Rubicon Springs and Shocks as found on the JLR

I need to know the answer as I have a set of 392 XR take offs Spring/Shocks that I will put on my 2024 JLR-X or sell them if I don't need them.

I do know the 392 may have different parts numbers, what COUNTS is how tall the Shocks/Springs are.

So by SWB do you mean 2 door? If so it will not have the 35" extreme 35 package. "X" package on the 2 door is 9500 and 12500 on the 4 door. The 3K difference due to the 35" package not being included.
If I misunderstood the SWB I'm sorry.

OP
OP
Old Jeeper

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So by SWB do you mean 2 door? If so it will not have the 35" extreme 35 package. "X" package on the 2 door is 9500 and 12500 on the 4 door. The 3K difference due to the 35" package not being included.
If I misunderstood the SWB I'm sorry.
The X package on the JLR SWB comes with 35s...this begs the question does it affect the suspension.

Springs and shocks and most suspension components is all about the same price, where the added money came from the the JLUR-XR came from the Wheel costs.

I have the XR springs and shocks, they are takeoffs. I bought to use on my 2023 JLR then I decided to order a 2024, so I never installed them and will sell if I cannot make them work and I bet I can...my world is UNDER my Jeep, suspension is my game. If rocks are you game suspension is EVERYTHING, from there its UP to you to be able to drive it. When I had my Jeep shop I would NOT install a kit...unless you bought and brought it in. I did not sell kits I built kits from components. Kits are just a compromise and don't do that on the Jeeps I build.

I cannot guarantee the Kit that you bought and bring to me can perform, but I will GUARANTEE that what I build WILL and its in writing.

My shops tag line: "Built to get you there, Engineered to get you back"

Chip

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Off Topic, but I would have loved to have gotten a 2 door XR if it would have been available when I ordered my '22. I had to settle on a 4 door. Can't wait to see pictures of yours! đź‘Ť

TexasJeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubi 392 on order
Is there an announcement I missed or something? 35's haven't been offered on 2 doors so far and the latest order guy shows it's still not available. The best part of the XR package was the gearing and wheels on the Rubicon's. The suspension "improvements" were only so-so and you could get much much better aftermarket.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Old Jeeper

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Is there an announcement I missed or something? 35's haven't been offered on 2 doors so far and the latest order guy shows it's still not available. The best part of the XR package was the gearing and wheels on the Rubicon's. The suspension "improvements" were only so-so and you could get much much better aftermarket.

"
From the press release (LINK), the Rubicon X adds the following..

Customer Preferred Package 24Y
  • 12-way power-adjustable front seats
  • 12.3-inch digital touchscreen with navigation
  • Nine-speaker premium Alpine audio system
  • Nappa leather seats
  • Heated seats and steering wheel
  • Acoustic front glass, thicker carpet, and additional sound-deadening foam
  • ParkSense rear park-assist system
  • Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection
  • Steel bumpers
  • Integrated front off-road camera
  • Body-color fender flares and hardtop
  • Xtreme 35 Package (when equipped with automatic transmission)"

TexasJeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubi 392 on order
"
From the press release (LINK), the Rubicon X adds the following..

Customer Preferred Package 24Y
  • 12-way power-adjustable front seats
  • 12.3-inch digital touchscreen with navigation
  • Nine-speaker premium Alpine audio system
  • Nappa leather seats
  • Heated seats and steering wheel
  • Acoustic front glass, thicker carpet, and additional sound-deadening foam
  • ParkSense rear park-assist system
  • Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection
  • Steel bumpers
  • Integrated front off-road camera
  • Body-color fender flares and hardtop
  • Xtreme 35 Package (when equipped with automatic transmission)"
They really did need to put something in there to explain that a bit better. If you look at the order guide you can see that the 2 door Rubi X package is $9500 and the 4 door is 12500. There would be nothing else different from the 2 except the Extreme 35 package. Then you can also see that on the 4 door guide under Rubi X package it says "includes 35" tires" while the 2 door guide does not say that. Then look at the standard equipment of the guide and the 2drRubi X has 4.10's. On another part where you can choose the options, the Extreme 35 package is not listed under the 2 door at all(except where it appears to be a typo) while the 4 door guide has the extreme 35 package listed.
You can hope and want, just don't want you to be disappointed when it arrives with 33's. On a side note, I would think Jeep would have made a bigger deal out of it if they did finally offer it for the 2 door. "And for the 1st time, we are now offering the Extreme 35 package on the 2 door wrangler".

OP
OP
Old Jeeper

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
They really did need to put something in there to explain that a bit better. If you look at the order guide you can see that the 2 door Rubi X package is $9500 and the 4 door is 12500. There would be nothing else different from the 2 except the Extreme 35 package. Then you can also see that on the 4 door guide under Rubi X package it says "includes 35" tires" while the 2 door guide does not say that. Then look at the standard equipment of the guide and the 2drRubi X has 4.10's. On another part where you can choose the options, the Extreme 35 package is not listed under the 2 door at all(except where it appears to be a typo) while the 4 door guide has the extreme 35 package listed.
You can hope and want, just don't want you to be disappointed when it arrives with 33's. On a side note, I would think Jeep would have made a bigger deal out of it if they did finally offer it for the 2 door. "And for the 1st time, we are now offering the Extreme 35 package on the 2 door wrangler".
WAITING on the build sheet to be posted, will post as soon as it arrives.

That said:

Model: JLJS72 WRANGLER 2-DOOR RUBICON 45,395 44,260

Package: 24Y Customer Preferred Package 24Y 9,500 8,550

ERC 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg I w/ESS 0 0

DFT 8-Spd Auto 850RE Trans (Make) 4,500 4,050

This is on Oder sheet and has been accepted by Jeep, Build sheet will tell the tale of the tape...

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
WAITING on the build sheet to be posted, will post as soon as it arrives.

That said:

Model: JLJS72 WRANGLER 2-DOOR RUBICON 45,395 44,260

Package: 24Y Customer Preferred Package 24Y 9,500 8,550

ERC 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg I w/ESS 0 0

DFT 8-Spd Auto 850RE Trans (Make) 4,500 4,050

This is on Oder sheet and has been accepted by Jeep, Build sheet will tell the tale of the tape...

My research and order reflects the same.. no 35" on the 2 door Rubicon.. but it seems clear the 4:88, 3.6 and floating axle are part of the 2 Door Rubicon package.. I am looking forward to learning more as well.. My Dealer says Friday I will know more.. Thus I am now researching 2-3 lifts.. As my Mopar 2" on my 2018 JLRU was a piece of crap.. leaking shocks.. bottoming out when i looked at wrong.. lots of wondering.. death wobble, non adjustable Caster etc... I wont do that again...

Greendezl

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Darnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel JL, Tesla M3P, Yukon Denali
Occupation
Nuclear Physicist
The 392 springs will definitely give you more lift on your 2 door, but for the price of a set of aftermarket springs, there’s no reason to run take offs.
Sponsored