Sponsored

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
Well at least we beat Land Rover. Sis-in-law bought a used Land Rover. Vehicle lives in the dealer's service department.
Sponsored

Majdd2008

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jl rubicon two door
That goes for all vehicles not just Jeep.
It's been since 2010 that I owned a Ford, could be a couple more decades again.....

Hookr26

First Name
Doy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport 2.0T and 2021 JLU Rubicon EcoDiesel
So funny, had some of each of the big3 from 69's to 2013's. Had some of the bigs, pinto, neon, chevelle, trans am's, to name but a few, 1/2 ton &3/4 tone of each. My kid still has the 1991 strait 6-1/2 ton Ford long bed, 6spd standard with over 500k without a rebuild that was handed down from my father in law. Now the paint dissappeared years ago, and we are replacing parts in the dash now and again for the multiple times. But nothing stops that thing.

Jeeps: friend sold me a 76 cj5 in 81. What a mess, edelbrock manifold/hooker headers with a 2barrel Holley. Soft top was bad when I got it. Just topped it with a bikini top and ran it all across the nation for years. Wore a snowmobile suit in the worst wx. Had those silly plastic aftermarket bucket seats/loved em. Went one whole year broke, starting it with a push daily+. Started fixing it up and added a 86 Scrabler in 89 when I got smitten with the little pickup....before the gladiator.

Wife got in a bad accident and was told she could never ride in one again around 91. After a year had to sell em both. They were not investments back in those days.

So imagine my surprise in 2019, she she's a Bikini blue jlu as I'm hitting my dealer to rebuild my 2013 Ram 1500 with 120k.

3 trips over a few weeks, a set of pucks and big tires added and what did I hear......"Oh look what they did to that cute jeep!!!!" Next Monday it was her's. Mud tires and all! Oh, and 8k to make it trail ready (without the 3.5 lift we installed at 48k as our teeth were now rattling from the pucks)

Year later April 21, she decides I need a jeep again. Remember that Scrambler....after looking at what it would take and realizing I didn't have the pocket money or the time to recreate my ol' rides, I decide on a Gladiator. After a couple trips to the dealership (I really wanted a diesel) only one was a truly base model sport. I wouldn't jump cause it didn't even have electric seats/mirrors. Or that would have been mine. The Mojave shows up! I go in the next weekend and took it for a drive. Smitten would be a light pejorative. But my sales manager (already bought 5 new/slightly used cars from her in 8 years or so) tries for two hours to get one ordered with a diesel before finally being told it was not possible and why. I was set on a diesel more than the Mojave. She had a 'fully loaded Diesel 21 Jlu Rubicon Wrangler with every option". Take it for a drive she says, figure out what you want on your Gladiator and we will order it. Sure, I said headed out the door. 45 minutes later satisfied I was still committed to diesel, gladiator, and now...yep I want a rubicon....we're about to get on the freeway and I look up. Realize there was a one touch above me and hit the switch. Well as we pulled to a stop at the dealership my wife looks at me and says....."this thing is following us home, isn't it?" Apparently I had a smile up both sides of my almost bald head. Still want a Gladiator diesel. Someday after I pay both of these off. Yes, I know they probably won't have a new diesel then, I'll survive. Mine will probably be headed by 200k by then and I'll have learned a thing or two about keeping them running.

Yep, I won't get buried in one as my wife and kids will plant me and keep on jeeping.....

Sponsored

2005LJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005LJR and 2024JLU
so this is why jeep pulled out of the car show to pay cars.com???

SliderJack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40, Viper, FJ Cruiser
You know it's funny you mentioned that. If you go back through the years and look at the motor trend car of the Year it's typically the car you never want to buy.
Yeah, that reminded me of the Renault Encore I had in college, car of the year winner. What a POS that was.
Sponsored