Sponsored

Yawnie'sPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLUR, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Electrified Wrangler 4xe delivers 49 MPGe, 21 miles all-electric range and nearly 400 miles total range with no range anxiety
LOL - must laugh at that. We've driven ours from Iowa to Florida (Sarasota) and back again and were lucky to get 20 mpg on the highway and had to constantly stop for gas - 300 miles. My wife says never again. My JT gets better mpg and can go well over 300 miles on a tank of gas - so it's a much much much better jeep for long highway drives. The only way you get much over 300 miles on a tank - or total range, is if you plug it in, it runs in electric mode for 25 miles and then another 300 on gas. Otherwise, you are constantly stopping for gas when on the interstates.
Oh, we love our Jeeps - but you ain't gonna get close to 400 - like their "nearly 400 miles total" unless you drive with 0 wind, on a flat road at speeds under the interstate speed limits - 65 might get you there.
My wife refuses to take her Wrangler 4xe on long trips exactly because of range anxiety - the puny tank stinks and the abysmal mpg...........
It's a perfect short drive and commuter vehicle, though. Keep your trips short, under 100 miles and it's excellent. A trip over 1200 miles - meh, no thanks.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024 Jeep Wrangler Named Best SUV of 2024 by Cars.com Screenshot_20230525-092128
Sponsored

keeperman13

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda CRV, Ordered JLUR
Occupation
Mortar Manufacture
Vehicle Showcase
Imagine how dominant Jeep would be if they could sort out their quality control and customer service issues?

A well-running JL is one of the greatest vehicles in the world. Sadly, owners can sour pretty quickly once crap starts going wrong.
If I were running a business. I would do two things that only a few companies out there do:

1. Have world class customer service (soup to nuts). Not the customer is always right BS that is touted as good customer service, but real service that customers can utilize to find out information or deal with an issue they are having. No bots, no robo call. Just real people there to help in whatever way they can. A few places that come to mind with above average customer service are Chick-fil-a and USAA.

I believe it is such an underrated side of a customer facing business. Chick-fil-a has a great chicken sandwich and solid mac'n'cheese for a fast food restaurant, but one of the major reasons I like going there is because the people are nice, helpful and the place is clean, well run and I don't ever feel like I am a burden when I am there to give them my money. McDaonalds? Not so much.

Good customer service brings people back.

2. Profit sharing. Success sharing. Pay people well and compensate them in a way that is related to how well the business does and I believe they will have a vested interest in ensuring the company does well.

-----And now I will step down off my soapbox. Thank you for attending my TED Talk. Good day.--

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
I agree. I love my 392, but the reality is that while Wranglers are cool, they do require some serious compromises. A typical SUV purchaser may not want to deal with loud road & wind noise, bumpy ride, soft steering, water leaks, etc. Wranglers look cool, etc but they are no where near as plush and nice as most SUVs / crossovers.
Exactly what I think. I think the Wrangler should be in another category "Extreme off road SUV" which narrows the competition a bit...

KCSgtMaj

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY24 Rubicon Unlimited, 3.6L
Occupation
Retired Marine, Master Plumber
The 5K pound tow capacity is a lie. It only has a class III hitch which maxes out at 3500 pounds. Just saying.

Sponsored

Ace14

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 4xe Rubicon, 2021 Trackhawk, 2003 Rubicon
Yeah I mean this makes sense. I never understood all the Jeep hate, I was always the guy who drove old TJs or other 4.0s but though the new ones were cool also. I ended up leasing my wife a 23 4XE rubicon and LOVE it. So much so I ended up ordering myself a 2024 392 to replace my old LJ. I think they are some of the most fun you can have while still be usable as a family car.

PBosch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
That goes for all vehicles not just Jeep.
The Wrangler is widely known for two things. It's outstanding "can't touch this" off road capability, and Jeeps lousy reliability/build quality. For a person to stick their head in the sand and choose to ignore the reliability/build quality facts, is something I will never understand.
Wrangler - it doesn't always move my body, but it always moves my soul, and that's why I put up with it.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Past highlights
1960– Corvair
63- Rambler
71- Vega
75- Monza
78- Dodge Omni/Ply Horizon
80- Chevy Citation
93- Ford Probe
95- Chrysler Cirrius
Recently the 17 Chevy Bolt
:clap:
Good list, except for the Corvair. Everyone liked it (especially the turbocharged Monza version) but Ralph Nader.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
The Wrangler is widely known for two things. It's outstanding "can't touch this" off road capability, and Jeeps lousy reliability/build quality. For a person to stick their head in the sand and choose to ignore the reliability/build quality facts, is something I will never understand.
Wrangler - it doesn't always move my body, but it always moves my soul, and that's why I put up with it.
Not everyone has the same experiences. We have quite a few Wranglers in the family and they have been some of the most reliable and high milers. My son worked at Toyota for a couple years and believe me they are not as good as everyone says they are.
If Jeeps were as bad as everyone keeps saying they are, they wouldn’t sell over 200K units a year and so many of them are repeat customers. And I certainly wouldn’t keep. Buying them. Remember at least 75% are daily drivers over 2 million JKs were sold and likely around 1.6 million JLs. People like to complain and this seems to be the place to do it.

rmartino99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger RT, Hopefully Sting Grey JLU
Does that include the added benefit of corrosion on hood,doors and windshield frame.

Sponsored

PBosch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
Not everyone has the same experiences. We have quite a few Wranglers in the family and they have been some of the most reliable and high milers. My son worked at Toyota for a couple years and believe me they are not as good as everyone says they are.
If Jeeps were as bad as everyone keeps saying they are, they wouldn’t sell over 200K units a year and so many of them are repeat customers. And I certainly wouldn’t keep. Buying them. Remember at least 75% are daily drivers over 2 million JKs were sold and likely around 1.6 million JLs. People like to complain and this seems to be the place to do it.
You keep on believing that. The global reliability of one vs another is not just a little different, they are virtually polar opposites - the difference is massive. Everything breaks, but Toyota's malfunction much, much less frequently. For a person to say they have a 200K miles on a Toyota that has never needed anything major, and doesn't drip oil all over the garage, is a rather boring statement. When a person that says that about a Jeep, eyebrows go up and accolades follow. It's expected of the Toyota and is frequently the norm. It's not even close with the jeep. It's just the way it is. And of course they sell a ton of Jeeps. It's a cool vehicle and the the majority of the public doesn't know, or in my case, doesn't care about the reliability difference. American cars in the 80' and well into the 90's were rolling junk. And people just kept on buying them, and couldn't be convinced they were buying crap. You should thank G that the Toyota and Honda's high build quality forced them to massively step up their game. Of the Big 3, it's CDJ that's still lagging the most. Just the truth. I'm mean there are literal books written on the issue. I love my Wrangler, so I put up with it's warning lights, the rattles, the squeaks, the paint, the etc. It has a feel like no other vehicle I've ever operated. Jeep should do what VW did and make up a word like Farfegnugen to describe the driving experience. I'm sure Toyota (and many others) would love to duplicate that Wrangler feeling, but so far know one has cracked the code.

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
I agree. I love my 392, but the reality is that while Wranglers are cool, they do require some serious compromises. A typical SUV purchaser may not want to deal with loud road & wind noise, bumpy ride, soft steering, water leaks, etc. Wranglers look cool, etc but they are no where near as plush and nice as most SUVs / crossovers.
A $65K Rubicon X should not be leaking water imho

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Good list, except for the Corvair. Everyone liked it (especially the turbocharged Monza version) but Ralph Nader.
Yes— a mechanic that worked at father’s garage had one and loved to show off the Turbo, a HS friend had the other “first” turbo, a 62 Olds Jetfire

Last edited:

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Does that include the added benefit of corrosion on hood,doors and windshield frame.
Well...we Phoenicians could care less about rust, but we do like that base Wranglers now have A/C as standard equipment. :)

BobRhino

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon
“Warn winch and increased 5,000-pound tow capability, all available straight from the factory.”

Seems towing capacity misinformation is still prevalent. Manufacturer is still pumping out inaccurate specs?
Sponsored