JLXMan

First Name
JLMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLRU X
UTME,
Option packages are generally described in two areas of the price lists. Firstly, there is usually a table within the model specific pages. For the gas Rubicon, see pg 9 under Package Content. Secondly, you can see the Group Detail table on pg 27, and look under the column for the desired model type. For the gas Rubicon, see column JLJS74. However, for that Rubicon, the X package includes 35" tires for the automatic transmissions only (22Y and 24Y) but not the manual transmission (23Y) according to the Powertrain Availability table.
1684852170745.png

The Mopar Options section and the table on pg 27 looks like the reinforced tailgate is included in all Xtreme 35" Tire Packages (AGB)...when you don't have "2TY"...but nowhere do I see 2TY explicitly listed. I suspect they mean only the 22Y and 24Y which have the 35" tires in RubiX.

Hartop Headliner is shown under AGB in the table on pg 28.

Steel Bumpers are shown under Package Content table for Rubi X; the winch is not included with the Rubi X package, but it _is_ included with the Steel Bumper and Winch Group (AD3) available only on regular Rubicons:
1684853427095.png

You can see in the above snippet that AD3 (bumper & winch) is only available on regular Rubicons and the Warn Winch without bumper is only available on the Rubi X.

I shouldn't have answered your questions. After looking what's included, it makes me want to order a '24 Rubi X. :) ....and tell your salesman I expect a check for 10% of his commission.

1684853394341.png
Very helpful! This is the same conclusion I came to when submitting my order.

I have a question about the 4.88 gearing option. (Option code DMS)

First off, it seems the Rubi X will come standard with the 4:1 Heavy Duty Rock-Trac Full-Time 4WD System. I saw an order page in the tracking thread that actually listed this option with a Rubi X, and it’s also listed as standard equipment in one of the brochures that’s floating around.

Does anyone know if adding the 4.88 gearing option from the factory will remove this option code? I am asking because if I go to the 2023 Wrangler builder right now, it will not let you spec both the FT4WD with the 4.88 gears.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gazelle

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Very helpful! This is the same conclusion I came to when submitting my order.

I have a question about the 4.88 gearing option. (Option code DMS)

First off, it seems the Rubi X will come standard with the 4:1 Heavy Duty Rock-Trac Full-Time 4WD System. I saw an order page in the tracking thread that actually listed this option with a Rubi X, and it’s also listed as standard equipment in one of the brochures that’s floating around.

Does anyone know if adding the 4.88 gearing option from the factory will remove this option code? I am asking because if I go to the 2023 Wrangler builder right now, it will not let you spec both the FT4WD with the 4.88 gears.
I looked at last Dec's price list for the '23 models and it shows the 4.88 gears are not available with Full Time Rock Trac. However, the model year '24 price list does not explicitly exclude that transfer case with 4.88 gears. You are limited to a V6 with auto tranny, though. Look at the JLJS74 (gas Rubicon) column on page 30; it shows the FT Xfer case and 4.56 gears as part of the E (Extra cost) DFT group. When looking at the requirements for 4.88's, it appears the only requirement is a V6 - either auto or manual.

The dealership's order system will be the ultimate, controlling factor, but I think you can get those 4.88's with a Full Time Xfer case. Let us know what you find out when you place your order; that would be a great combination directly from the factory.

OP
OP
Gazelle

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So is the rhd drive option coming later in year or not?
I have absolutely no idea. You need to talk with your dealership...or several dealerships. I'm just a Jeep owner who translated a price list to a spreadsheet.

JLXMan

First Name
JLMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLRU X
I looked at last Dec's price list for the '23 models and it shows the 4.88 gears are not available with Full Time Rock Trac. However, the model year '24 price list does not explicitly exclude that transfer case with 4.88 gears. You are limited to a V6 with auto tranny, though. Look at the JLJS74 (gas Rubicon) column on page 30; it shows the FT Xfer case and 4.56 gears as part of the E (Extra cost) DFT group. When looking at the requirements for 4.88's, it appears the only requirement is a V6 - either auto or manual.

The dealership's order system will be the ultimate, controlling factor, but I think you can get those 4.88's with a Full Time Xfer case. Let us know what you find out when you place your order; that would be a great combination directly from the factory.
this is what I was hoping to hear, but did not want to get my hopes up

I ended up ordering with 4.88 gears; now impatiently waiting to get my order info so I can start tracking it. Will post here when I get my codes.

Agreed, 4.88 + FT4WD would make for a great factory equipped combo!

Sponsored

JakeK66

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Willys 2Dr '21 4XE (Sold) '20 Altitude (Sold)
I've had discussions with my current Jeep dealer and the feeling is the actual cost went down anywhere form $3000-4000 vs 2023, at least from what they've built out with the new pricing. I'm sure it just depends on options, but they recommended I not buy a 2023 Rubicon even with discounts the price would be "considerably" lower for a similar 2024.

Until I actually see a build out sheet with like cars I don't know for sure, but their opinion is that Jeep increased pricing too much since 2021 and they are trying to bring them back down some.

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Door Rubicon, 2024 2 Door Rubicon X 3.6 MT
The 2024 4 door Rubicon has the Dana 44 HD Full Float solid rear axle that allows for increased tire size and towing capacity to 5,000 pounds. Does anyone know what the 2024 2 door Rubicon towing capacity is?

OP
OP
Gazelle

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I updated the first post with links and attachments to the spreadsheets for the 31May price lists.

I found the following differences:
May31 Changes

For all models:
Machined Wheels increased 100
Black Vinyl Floor Covering no longer available
Safety Group increased 100
Sky One-Touch Power Top increased 300
Technology Group increased 200
Trailer Tow Group increased 200
Mopar Mesh Sunbonnet no longer available
Mopar Solid Sunbonnet no longer available
All Paint colors (except white) increased 100

2-Door Sport
FWP increased 127 (MSRP remained the same)

2-Door Rubicon
FWP decreased 454 (MSRP remained the same)

4-Door Sport
FWP increased 143 (MSRP remained the same)
Sport S option pkg increased 300
Willys option pkg increased 505

4-Door Sahara
FWP decreased 239 (MSRP remained the same)
Chrome tube steps increased 75

4-Door Rubicon
FWP decreased 494

4-Door Rubicon 392 & RHD - No Changes

Sport 4xe
Black 3 Piece Hard Top increased 500

Sahara 4xe
FWP increased 284 (MSRP unchanged)
Body Color 3-Piece Hard Top increased 500
Vehicle To Load Delete (-275)?
McKinley Trimmed Seats increased 400

HiAltitude 4xe - No changes

Rubicon 4xe
FWP decreased 303 (MSRP Unchanged)
Black 3-Piece Hard Top increased 500

Does anybody have a clue as to what the Sahara 4xe's "Vehicle To Load Delete" option is? It only appears under that one model.

OP
OP
Gazelle

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I've been busy installing a new lift on my JLUR, so no detailed change analysis on this update.
4 Door coming soon.
[Edit: Both updated spreadsheets attached to first post...now back to my lift install :) ]

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gazelle

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Well, judging by my previous post, I never got around to posting the updated spreadsheet for the Jul 4Door pricing. Sorry, folks.

Tonight, though, I attached the updated spreadsheets for the Late Oct price lists; I'm going to do the early Nov ones next. As for late Oct, this is what I saw that changed from the Jul pricing. Seems like the biggest change is no 4Cyl engines available except on the 4xe.

Late Oct Updates
4Door Sport
Base Price increased 200
2.0L I4 No Longer Available
Destination Charge increased 100
Black 3-Piece Hardtop increased 200
Convenience Group Typo 8 should be *
Sky One Touch Power Top increased 200
XTREME 35 Tire Package increased 500
Bikini Paint increased 100
Rubicon X increased 500

4Door Sahara
Base Price Increased 300

4Door Rubicon
Rubicon Base Price Increased 300
Convenience Group increased 1000

Rubicon 392 increased 2400!

Sport RHD increased 300

McKinley Trimmed Seats increased 500

2Door Sport
Base Price increased 200
8 Spd Auto increased 2000 !
no 4cyl available

2Door Rubicon
Base Price increased 300
4 cyl not available

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gazelle

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The option packages didn't change much, but the Nov 8 prices included base price changes across all models.

Nov 8 Changes

4Door Sport Base Price increased 400
4Door Sahara Base Price increased 1000
4Door Rubicon Base Price increased 1900
4Door Rubicon392 Base Price increased 1550
4Door Sport RHD Base Price increased 500
4Door Sport 4xe Base Price increased 700
4Door Sahara 4xe Base Price increased 850
4Door HiAltitude 4xe Base Price increased 800
4Door Rubicon 4xe Base Price increased 700

2Door Sport Base Price DECREASED 100
2Door Rubicon Base Price increased 1100

OP
OP
Gazelle

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I updated the first post with spreadsheets which reflect the 10Jan2024 pricing.

Not much changed; most notable were Sarge and Bikini paint colors no longer available and the 4cyl engine available again.
Sponsored