Sponsored

2024 Jeep Wrangler - any idea what to expect?

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Major changes? cosmetic? any links or thoughts?
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of higher prices, last year Hyundai-Kia overtook GM and Stellantis in global sales. In the US, Hyundai-Kia overtook Honda and Nissan, and is now closing in on Stellantis.

The media is blaming American automakers’ fixation with driving up prices.

This is what FCA/Stellantis sales over the past ten years look like
Jeep Wrangler JL 2024  Jeep Wrangler - any idea what to expect? 1677674615748

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Speaking of higher prices, last year Hyundai-Kia overtook GM and Stellantis in global sales. In the US, Hyundai-Kia overtook Honda and Nissan, and is now closing in on Stellantis.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024  Jeep Wrangler - any idea what to expect? 1677674615748
That's very clearly due to the chip shortage (as the article states). I don't see anything in the media source where that came from where they blamed American automakers' fixation with driving up prices. Maybe I missed where they said that?

Here are the prices:
Jeep Wrangler JL 2024  Jeep Wrangler - any idea what to expect? 1677684183930

And the source: https://wolfstreet.com/2023/01/08/w...llantis-hyundai-kia-honda-and-nissan-oh-dear/

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That's very clearly due to the chip shortage (as the article states). I don't see anything in the media source where that came from where they blamed American automakers' fixation with driving up prices. Maybe I missed where they said that?

Here are the prices:
1677684183930.png

And the source: https://wolfstreet.com/2023/01/08/w...llantis-hyundai-kia-honda-and-nissan-oh-dear/
Cox and CarEdge have been blaming runaway prices for the Big 3 losing so much ground to the Koreans.

In 2022, Stellantis’s average transaction price was $53,000; GM’s was $57,000 Hyundai’s was $35,000!

The “chip shortage” narrative stops holding water when the Koreans have been able to leap frog Honda, Nissan, Ford, GM and Stellantis in production and sales.

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL 2024  Jeep Wrangler - any idea what to expect? 1677684183930
if this drives prices down, so be it. My other car is a Hyundai Palisade and i got top-of-the-line trim with Mercedes-ish features on tech and interior... its a lot of value for what i paid.

failsafe306

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 2.0
Build Thread
Link
if this drives prices down, so be it. My other car is a Hyundai Palisade and i got top-of-the-line trim with Mercedes-ish features on tech and interior... its a lot of value for what i paid.
My wife has a Telluride, and I agree, it’s a whole lot of car for what we paid.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
My ONLY expectation for the 2024 JL is the new grill they showed on the anniversary editions. Probably changing up packages or what's standard on trims. Add some new colors. MAYBE new wheel designs.

My wife has a Telluride, and I agree, it’s a whole lot of car for what we paid.
Our Jeep is the family car for going everywhere and doing everything. We looked at the Palisade/Telluride, and my wife was extremely impressed by the functionality and how nice it was, but basically said it was way way way too nice for her and she would destroy it. Plus she doesn't like all the tech/electronics. Jeep just fit EVERYTHING we do as family way better. Before we would take my f150 on family vacations (which has a mild lift, suspension and 35s) and we always end up offroad getting to our vacation spots, in places a telluride would not be able to go. It was an easy decision we both loved the Jeep.

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Cox and CarEdge have been blaming runaway prices for the Big 3 losing so much ground to the Koreans.

In 2022, Stellantis’s average transaction price was $53,000; GM’s was $57,000 Hyundai’s was $35,000!

The “chip shortage” narrative stops holding water when the Koreans have been able to leap frog Honda, Nissan, Ford, GM and Stellantis in production and sales.
From the article that you referenced:

Hyundai-Kia: He who can get the chips can build vehicles and has something to sell. It helps that other Korean companies are global powerhouses in semiconductor production. So Hyundai-Kia sales combined hit an all-time record in 2021 and dipped 1.5% from that record in 2022, to 1.42 million vehicles.

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Any guesses on colors for 24.

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

The Big 3 sell a majority of full size pickups and SUVS while Hyundai sells a lot.of smaller compact less expensive sedans. That's a huge reason for the avg price.

Hyundai/Kia and the Japanese car makers are going to see a lot of sale if only for the fact that the big 3 don't really make an affordable small car.

If Yesla gets their prices down under 30k with their next model all bets are off.
Sponsored