Sponsored

chaseshort

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
This weekend, our brand new JLURXR came in. (The longest jeep name ever created lol). We ordered this from Kent, at Peterson Jeep in Boise, Idaho even though we live in Salt Lake City. Kent is better than advertised, the easiest vehicle purchase of my life. Took 30 mins from the time we walked in to the time we were headed south. Kent honored his Tread Lightly + discount, meaning a discount below the traditional 1% off the invoice. We ordered First week of August, and it was delivered the last week of October. Insanely quick. I highly recommend purchasing with Kent!

The biggest change from the JLU we traded in (2019 with 72k miles on it) is the 2.0 turbo, and the xr package. I absolutely love both. My old 3.6 was on 35's and it would have to constantly downshift on the highway to make it up hills or fight the wind, this new 2.0 combined with the 4.56 gears is amazing. Stays in 8th gear the whole way back to Utah. I also don't have any issues with the bumpstops but will report after the winch goes on.

First thing, was to get rid of the red decals, and add the 392 bronze, I think this matches the sarge green much better, along with the tan interior.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 XR Xtreme Recon Rubicon delivery, first impressions and first mods! IMG-3427
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 XR Xtreme Recon Rubicon delivery, first impressions and first mods! IMG-6906
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 XR Xtreme Recon Rubicon delivery, first impressions and first mods! IMG-6910
Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Congrats! Sharp looking Jeep. Sarge is an excellent color and you did good with the bronze accents.

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Looks Great!!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

this is how i plan to setup my next order when the wife is ready to have a jeep. only difference would be the to get the tan soft top. beautiful Rig!

Sponsored

KevinC11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys, 2023 JT Mojave
Occupation
Gunsmith/EMT
Congratulations on the new JLURXR. Being in Utah I am sure you needed the hardtop but... A darker color tan on the seats and soft top (if it was available) would be a perfect build for me.

You did well.

KevinC

OP
OP
chaseshort

chaseshort

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Congratulations on the new JLURXR. Being in Utah I am sure you needed the hardtop but... A darker color tan on the seats and soft top (if it was available) would be a perfect build for me.

You did well.

KevinC
Kent actually told me that someone before me had a green, with tan interior, and tan soft top delivered recently! I agree that would be a great combo.

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Great looking Jeep! The sarge green and tan look reminds me of the 90’s TJ I used to want.
I see similar stories about Kent all the time. I just referred someone to order their Jeep from him.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
You’re gonna love the XR, I know I’m quite happy with mine. I am also in the Salt Lake area. I’ve done quite a bit in American Fork Canyon and I’ve been down to Moab a handful of times and it’s performed quite well.

List photo is from us on the Forest Lake Trail in AF Canyon.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 XR Xtreme Recon Rubicon delivery, first impressions and first mods! 8945B1ED-927F-4E88-85A3-0ED351B99D95

and this one’s from the porcupine rim trail in Moab:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 XR Xtreme Recon Rubicon delivery, first impressions and first mods! DF1325AA-E99C-4EE2-8BFD-820A97D5B13A

if you’re ever looking for someone to run a local trail with, send me a PM

OP
OP
chaseshort

chaseshort

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You’re gonna love the XR, I know I’m quite happy with mine. I am also in the Salt Lake area. I’ve done quite a bit in American Fork Canyon and I’ve been down to Moab a handful of times and it’s performed quite well.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 XR Xtreme Recon Rubicon delivery, first impressions and first mods! DF1325AA-E99C-4EE2-8BFD-820A97D5B13A

Awesome! We love AF canyon, and went to Moab 7 times in 2022 so far. We should hit five mile pass this winter!

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
She is a beauty! Congratulations.

You just can’t beat a green Jeep...

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Congrats, I totally love your set-up and agree on the gold decal matching Sarge better than red. But now you need to match the wheels with that decal ;)

For the record , the V6 with 4.56 gears also turns the 35s effortlessly.

Cheers 🍻

Last edited:

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Congrats, I totally love your set-up and agree on the gold decal matching Sarge better than red. But now you need to match the wheels with that decal ;)

For the record , the V6 with 4.56 gears also turns the 35 effortlessly.

Cheers 🍻
Can verify! I’m in 8th the moment I’m done accelerating on the interstate, and I’m getting 22ish MPG on highway with my pentastar. Jeep feels quite quick, not sluggish or weighted down at all.

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
NICE!
I would have probably gone with Sarge if it had been available when I got my 2020 JLUR.

Those gold highlights do look sweet on Sarge green.

Having the XR though is really nice. Can't wait to see more pics.
:rock:

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray

Looks like a lot of fun going on there!

Nice color too.
Sponsored