Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Looks like a lot of fun going on there!

Nice color too.
Yep, smashed in the cheap Mopar rock slider on the passenger side coming back up that rock ledge in the second photo. Luckily no rocker panel damage, but solidified the decision to make some proper sliders my next upgrade.
Sponsored

CjMiller7

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Gobi XR
This weekend, our brand new JLURXR came in. (The longest jeep name ever created lol). We ordered this from Kent, at Peterson Jeep in Boise, Idaho even though we live in Salt Lake City. Kent is better than advertised, the easiest vehicle purchase of my life. Took 30 mins from the time we walked in to the time we were headed south. Kent honored his Tread Lightly + discount, meaning a discount below the traditional 1% off the invoice. We ordered First week of August, and it was delivered the last week of October. Insanely quick. I highly recommend purchasing with Kent!

The biggest change from the JLU we traded in (2019 with 72k miles on it) is the 2.0 turbo, and the xr package. I absolutely love both. My old 3.6 was on 35's and it would have to constantly downshift on the highway to make it up hills or fight the wind, this new 2.0 combined with the 4.56 gears is amazing. Stays in 8th gear the whole way back to Utah. I also don't have any issues with the bumpstops but will report after the winch goes on.

First thing, was to get rid of the red decals, and add the 392 bronze, I think this matches the sarge green much better, along with the tan interior.
IMG-3427.jpg
IMG-6906.jpg
IMG-6910.jpg
Congrats on the new XR! I got my 2022 XR from Kent back in July and every word you speak is true. The easiest car buying experience I’ve ever had while offering insanely good deals at the same time!
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 XR Xtreme Recon Rubicon delivery, first impressions and first mods! 24237313-E39B-4D8D-B017-1DED050D806E

OP
OP
chaseshort

chaseshort

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Congrats on the new XR! I got my 2022 XR from Kent back in July and every word you speak is true. The easiest car buying experience I’ve ever had while offering insanely good deals at the same time!
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 XR Xtreme Recon Rubicon delivery, first impressions and first mods! 24237313-E39B-4D8D-B017-1DED050D806E
Gobi looks amazing, I wish it was around when I ordered! Love that your wheeling it!

OP
OP
chaseshort

chaseshort

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thanks for sharing your experience. I will be picking up my Jeep from Kent soon, it shipped on Tuesday and driving it back to Colorado. So far, Kent has been great.
Keep us updated! You'll love it!

Sponsored

CjMiller7

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Gobi XR
Gobi looks amazing, I wish it was around when I ordered! Love that your wheeling it!
Thanks! I love it! It was actually the main driver for ordering one. I didn’t really need a new Jeep but I have wanted a Gobi wrangler since I first saw the color on the Gladiator. Once they announced Gobi and I could reasonably upgrade to a Rubi and XR package, it was a no brainer.

Rodinator1234

First Name
Rod Forester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 3.0 Ecodiesel
Where did you get the decals? Who put them on?

2 door rubi

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Mine was quick also. 6 weeks to the day. Ordered in November 2020, received delivery December. Early model 21. 2 years and no issues with the 3.6 with the manual transmission. I'm wondering (besides the 2 doors)what the difference is between yours and mine. I have the 4 inch lift on 35s

Screenshot_20221027_111459_Gallery.jpg

20221030_145609.jpg

Wsg1970

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 wrangler
This weekend, our brand new JLURXR came in. (The longest jeep name ever created lol). We ordered this from Kent, at Peterson Jeep in Boise, Idaho even though we live in Salt Lake City. Kent is better than advertised, the easiest vehicle purchase of my life. Took 30 mins from the time we walked in to the time we were headed south. Kent honored his Tread Lightly + discount, meaning a discount below the traditional 1% off the invoice. We ordered First week of August, and it was delivered the last week of October. Insanely quick. I highly recommend purchasing with Kent!

The biggest change from the JLU we traded in (2019 with 72k miles on it) is the 2.0 turbo, and the xr package. I absolutely love both. My old 3.6 was on 35's and it would have to constantly downshift on the highway to make it up hills or fight the wind, this new 2.0 combined with the 4.56 gears is amazing. Stays in 8th gear the whole way back to Utah. I also don't have any issues with the bumpstops but will report after the winch goes on.

First thing, was to get rid of the red decals, and add the 392 bronze, I think this matches the sarge green much better, along with the tan interior.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 XR Xtreme Recon Rubicon delivery, first impressions and first mods! 20221030_145609
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 XR Xtreme Recon Rubicon delivery, first impressions and first mods! 20221030_145609
Beautiful!!

Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I like your new Jeep. Congratulations.

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
Welcome to the tan-seated XR club! You're going to love it- right out of the box it's immensely capable.. After adding a winch and a MORE engine/trans skid to mine, I installed a 1/2" Teraflex spacer up front to level it back out and return a little travel up front- you might find the same.

IMG_9222.jpg

JCarlos

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy’s eco diesel
Quick question for everyone ordering from out of state dealerships, how does the taxes work? do you have to pay them in both states?

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
Quick question for everyone ordering from out of state dealerships, how does the taxes work? do you have to pay them in both states?
Nope- you'll pay taxes back home when you register the vehicle, at least based on my recent experience buying a car in Nebraska, but residing in Colorado. No matter how it's done, you only pay taxes once.
Sponsored