kjl2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 2-Door
Clubs

What really confuses me is why would anyone buy the willys 4xe??? The sahara is $1,265 more but already comes with the 8.4 inch screen, leather, convenience, and I also believe the premium audio. The 8.4 and convenience group alone are an additional $1,690 on the willys.
Sponsored

halljam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
What really confuses me is why would anyone buy the willys 4xe??? The sahara is $1,265 more but already comes with the 8.4 inch screen, leather, convenience, and I also believe the premium audio. The 8.4 and convenience group alone are an additional $1,690 on the willys.
Exactly.

Virtualdru

First Name
dru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon (6th build)
Good point. Maybe the tire/wheel options? I don't think you can choose off-road friendly tires on the Sahara.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Because of those 20" wheels... and I don't give a hoot about paying extra for nav when I just use CarPlay.

kjl2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 2-Door
Clubs

Good point. Maybe the tire/wheel options? I don't think you can choose off-road friendly tires on the Sahara.
That is fair, you cant on a sahara. IMO the "lift" and tires a willys has doesnt matter to me because I would just lift it taller and bigger tires anyways. To the average person, maybe its enough

Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Yup. FCA learned quickly that it can price 4Xe so that they pocket the $7,500 federal tax credit intended for consumers.

FCA’s greed knows no limits.
Yeah, I told my local dealer that it's amazing how they mark up the 4xe almost exactly the same amount as the tax credit... I wonder what they'll do when the $7,500 rebate drops off and the 4xe sales plummet...?
Yup, the dealers immediately caught on that when the 4Xe came out up here in Canada.

Both the regular and 4Xe Rubicons were the same price, but there was a $7000 rebate on the regular Rubi, but the 4Xe didn't have it, the dealers were saying that the rebate is the same, but through the Governement rebate.

My brother and I were gonna buy 2, but when I realized what they were doing, I said F%?& it. I already had my Wrangler which was paid for, while my brother was ending a lease with his Grand Cherokee. So I passed and he got one anyway. He's an electrodynamic technician (electric engine tech) so it was all natural for him to buy one of these.

Last edited:

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
all these rebate schemes, and they are schemes is about funneling money from you know who, to you know who, and the average consumer think they are benefitting from the "credit" or whatever it's called.

That is why I am no fan of these schemes

I bought my Sahara 4xe in Toronto in November 2021, when there was no tax incentive at that time, the 4xe vs non 4xe was a couple of hundred $ difference, plus I got 5% off MSRP.

Trini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Clubs

I started to customize the Willys and it is pricing out higher than a Sahara, with less of the features. It should definitely have a much lower MSRP to even compete with the other models. Did Jeep even do their research on this? /s

Jean Genie

First Name
Jeana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Willys, 2023 HVY Rubicon XR
I started to customize the Willys and it is pricing out higher than a Sahara, with less of the features. It should definitely have a much lower MSRP to even compete with the other models. Did Jeep even do their research on this? /s
I just built one too and it's only about $2,400 less than the Rubicon I have on order!

Sponsored

kjchamberlin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5 Sportback; 2021 JLUR 4xE
Agreed! the pricing is way out of wack! Adding the 8.4 premium audio you're required to select one of 2 options :

8.4-Inch Radio Group
$995
Sun and Screen Package
$3,100

Sun and Screen Package seems to ONLY add "Rear Window Wiper and Defroster" for a whopping $2k over the 8.4-Inch Radio Group!!! however, there is no prerequisite that you have chosen a Hardtop?!? So proactively pay $2k for wiring and plumbing prep for a hardtop you may add later?

Jean Genie

First Name
Jeana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Willys, 2023 HVY Rubicon XR
Agreed! the pricing is way out of wack! Adding the 8.4 premium audio you're required to select one of 2 options :

8.4-Inch Radio Group
$995
Sun and Screen Package
$3,100

Sun and Screen Package seems to ONLY add "Rear Window Wiper and Defroster" for a whopping $2k over the 8.4-Inch Radio Group!!! however, there is no prerequisite that you have chosen a Hardtop?!? So proactively pay $2k for wiring and plumbing prep for a hardtop you may add later?
The Sun and Screen package is really confusing b/c the picture of the package shows the Sky One-touch top but it isn't listed on the features. SOT is also not listed as a stand alone top option.

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
Agreed with most have said the price doesnt make sense. I built two 4xe's with hard top and cold weather package (the only options I chose last year and are my only must haves). Both are ~$59k. Ah but I did notice you cant add the trac loc on the Sahara any more. So I guess the trac loc is the differentator in Jeep's opinion between the 2 trims? Besides the tires and rims. Not sure how the MTs ride but I'd probably switch them out at some point like I will do on my Sahara. So I guess my decision at that price would have been standard interior features vs having a trac loc.

Last edited:

fatedtitan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Wrangler Sahara
...or when they start to sit longer on the lots.
I almost got a 4xe, but the range on them really made me rethink. Certainly they could have better battery technology for that price, especially when other EVs do so much more. But even more than that, what happens in ten years when I want to sell my 4xe? Unless the cost to replace batteries goes down, that's going to be factored into whatever price I can get, because the next owner will have to change it. Those things are expensive!

Only reason I could imagine is if someone really doesn't want leather seats, but then why not get the Rubicon? It's like they added an option to say they have a lower trim available, knowing few will actually go for it at the current price.

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
I almost got a 4xe, but the range on them really made me rethink. Certainly they could have better battery technology for that price, especially when other EVs do so much more. But even more than that, what happens in ten years when I want to sell my 4xe? Unless the cost to replace batteries goes down, that's going to be factored into whatever price I can get, because the next owner will have to change it. Those things are expensive!

Only reason I could imagine is if someone really doesn't want leather seats, but then why not get the Rubicon? It's like they added an option to say they have a lower trim available, knowing few will actually go for it at the current price.
What happens in 10 years on a regular Jl when the turbo goes, or carbon builds up and clogs the cylinder heads or the lifters fail and you need a new 2.0? Those things are expensive…..
Sponsored