Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370
Build Thread
Link
There's nothing really special about the Level II, right? Standard suspension. Entry winch. Etc. The number of them, however, is extremely limited.
From the 392 forum:

"I just got off the phone with Joe at AEV and he said differently lol. He said options to add on or change are:

Beadlock wheels
Splash guards
Fuel Caddy
Diff covers
Bumper light bar
Backup camera
Recovery kit
8100 shocks
Any of their wheels
Interior hard top paint

He said only things not able to be added or changed was like painting the dash or painting the wheels. He did say the badging will be a little different. One on the back right rear and the passenger door will still get a plaque, it'll just be a special 20A one with a special vin on it. Biggest different is no AEV windshield banner."

Backup camera has me confused. I think they meant backup light in the bumper (rear).
Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

From the 392 forum:

"I just got off the phone with Joe at AEV and he said differently lol. He said options to add on or change are:

Beadlock wheels
Splash guards
Fuel Caddy
Diff covers
Bumper light bar
Backup camera
Recovery kit
8100 shocks
Any of their wheels
Interior hard top paint

He said only things not able to be added or changed was like painting the dash or painting the wheels. He did say the badging will be a little different. One on the back right rear and the passenger door will still get a plaque, it'll just be a special 20A one with a special vin on it. Biggest different is no AEV windshield banner."

Backup camera has me confused. I think they meant backup light in the bumper (rear).
I think I'm reading that as "Level II is nothing functional, just some badges and a special VIN."

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I think I'm reading that as "Level II is nothing functional, just some badges and a special VIN."
You're reading it wrong then.

It's a (mostly) standard content JL370. It comes standard with the AEV bumpers, Savegre II wheels, 37" tires, 7000 series lights, Warn winch, 2.5" RT (5100) suspension, and tire carrier.

You can option any of AEV's other wheels, the 8100 shocks, fuel caddy, diff covers, bumper light bar, and interior hard top paint when you place the order with your dealer.

It does not have the AEV badging or windshield banner (or embroidered headrests) except for on the rear driver corner.

You cannot option for a painted dash or painted wheels.

Absolutely is functional in standard form and can be made even more functional with options.

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I finally received my shorter spring steel antenna. This has typically been one of the first changes I've made to my previous Jeeps. I do not like those shorter rubber antennas, because they eventually develop a bend in them from driving. I really dislike super short stubby antennas. I also cannot stand those antennas that look like a .223 or 5.56 bullet. They make me want to throw up all over vehicles that I see them on. Gun ownership is cool. Gun culture is suuuper cringe.

This is a 21" spring steel OE-style antenna from Antenna Masts Rus. Think of it as a much shorter, factory-style antenna, in black. If it's not obvious from the rest of my Jeep, I prefer an OEM / integrated look. This fits with that, but instead of being 7-feet tall, it's a reasonable size and doesn't snag on things or slap the paint, and still gives a degree of functionality with AM/FM radio for the dinosaurs that still use that.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370 i-4WvqWqn-X3

As you can see below, the Antenna Masts Rus 21" antenna is a reasonable length while maintaining a factory look. The factory antenna next to it goes out of the frame and on down I-70, over Vail Pass, through Grand Junction, and on into Utah before it stops.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370 i-ZgX6H4f-X3

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370 i-HLCwcVS-X3

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

You're reading it wrong then.

It's a (mostly) standard content JL370. It comes standard with the AEV bumpers, Savegre II wheels, 37" tires, 7000 series lights, Warn winch, 2.5" RT (5100) suspension, and tire carrier.

You can option any of AEV's other wheels, the 8100 shocks, fuel caddy, diff covers, bumper light bar, and interior hard top paint when you place the order with your dealer.

It does not have the AEV badging or windshield banner (or embroidered headrests) except for on the rear driver corner.

You cannot option for a painted dash or painted wheels.

Absolutely is functional in standard form and can be made even more functional with options.
What makes it a Level II other than badging? The name implies that what we have is a Level I and that this is somehow functionally above that.

Edit: maybe the non-AEV Jeep is supposed to be Level I?

Sponsored

muzicman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK CoD(sold), BMW M850i, 2021 MB X5 M50I
This is how I interpreted it. I also talked to my insurance company about this, and they said that I just needed to provide the AEV window sticker and they would add all of those bits to my policy, so effectively the same as having a Jeep windows sticker with it all built-in.

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
What makes it a Level II other than badging? The name implies that what we have is a Level I and that this is somehow functionally above that.

There is no "Level I"... The term "Level II" is Jeep's marketing team's play on taking a Rubicon "to the next level."

What I have IS the equivalent, functionally speaking, of the Level II package on a 20A 392 (a 392XR JL370).

In other words, the Level II is a "factory offered" (and AEV-built) JL370 with one AEV badge, called "Level II."

Last edited:

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

There is no "Level I"... The term "Level II" is Jeep's marketing team's play on taking a Rubicon "to the next level."

What I have IS the equivalent, functionally speaking, of the Level II package on a 20A 392 (a 392XR JL370).

In other words, the Level II is a "factory offered" (and AEV-built) JL370 with one AEV badge, called "Level II."
That's what I was thinking. No functional difference between what they're putting out and an AEV JL370.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Pretty sure I saw your old JL still for sale at Glendale CDJR by the way!

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
If you buy it, take good care of it!
It's definitely a nice one! I usually swing by Glendale for all my warranty repairs and while waiting to pickup my Jeep I will walk the lot. At first I thought it was a OG AEV build.

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Well, the Alien Gear Shape Shift Shell came in today. They only have a model for the 43X, so that's what I ordered, even though I have a 43X MOS. The big difference between the two, besides the MOS cut in the slide for an RDO is the accessor rail at the front of the frame under the barrel.

I was worried as to the tolerances of the holster since it was possible that Alien Gear either formed it to the 43X, OR formed it to the 43X MOS in a way that the 43X and 43X MOS.

It turned out to be the former, so out came the Dremel. I spent some time whittling away areas to clear the optic and clear the rail, and eventually I got it to where the 43X MOS would holster. I still want to try to make it a little better, but it's good enough for the intended purpose, which is to provide relief from an IWB holster position during long drives or off-road situations where my torso is being jostled around.

i-5whkzRL-X2.jpg

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Well, I was able to locate my Magnetic Mic, but I was not able to locate the 67 Designs carbon fiber magnetic mic ball mount piece I had. Could have sworn I put it in one of my toolboxes, but I just ordered another one which means that the one I have will for sure turn up at some point!

muzicman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK CoD(sold), BMW M850i, 2021 MB X5 M50I
Well, I was able to locate my Magnetic Mic, but I was not able to locate the 67 Designs carbon fiber magnetic mic ball mount piece I had. Could have sworn I put it in one of my toolboxes, but I just ordered another one which means that the one I have will for sure turn up at some point!
That is two orders for the ball mount piece today, I ordered mine as well. Thanks for introducing it to me!

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I ordered one of those balls a couple weeks ago for our GoPro. $30 with shipping is insane.

Earthship Overland in Denver has some that he took out of his Jeep and is selling cheap if that's an option for you.
Sponsored