Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370
Build Thread
Link
Sucks about Midland... back in the 70's they were a real US company with real US people taking care of customers. My parents were in a CB club and there were actual Midland employees that came to the meets and would help tune antennas and all kinds of stuff, and this was in the middle of Illinois.

I order my 575 from Amazon. They are pretty great for return stuff. I am in the process of returning my Baofeng Ham HT as the clip wouldn't attach out of the box. You get what you pay for I guess. I am going in a different direction awith an Anytone solution. Should have my Technician license in the next couple of weeks.
Well, to Midland's credit, just over 2 hours after I submitted my complaint through their online form, I received an email with a new order / $0.00 invoice and was told I would be sent a new tracking number when it shipped.

There's some room for improvement (i.e. automatically handling this situation for me), but made it right at the end of the day.

Just got an email saying the CMM goodies have been delivered, so it's time to check the mailbox.
Sponsored

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I was in mine yesterday and had a flashback to this picture. Couldn't that be really painful for a passenger in an accident?
Couldn't most of the stuff that we mount to our dashboards be really painful for anyone in the vehicle in an accident?

I know that absolutely none of the commonly used phone mounts are going to keep a phone secured to the dashboard in a serious accident. Think about a phone flying around at nearly head level. Imagine eating an iPad to the face. There's one reason I don't mount tablets to my dash anymore...

The only device I am fairly confident that would not become a projectile in a serious accident is my Garmin InReach Explorer+ due to its mounting cradle's design.

Last edited:

bobholthaus

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JKURD AEV JL370; 2014 GC Overland Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technology Integrator
i-TdkMHMQ-X2.jpg

I want to put a flashlight holder where your gloves are, for a Coast light that’s maybe an inch in diameter. I think the quadratec mount is too wide to hold my light. Ideas on smaller ones for that same space?

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Well, busy day at work, but I was able to get myself to the mailbox and within 20 minutes or so, I had the CMM bits installed. I added a few over what was in the old JL. If you're taking on this install, you'll need to find your 10mm socket, and it will also help to have a small trim tool, or a right angle hook / pick.

I can never get over the fit and finish of these parts. I will be the first one to admit that I absolutely HATE the stuff they make for the JK. I mean, it's high quality stuff... but the design of the JK stuff is just not my taste. It looks chunky and clunky. But, woweeeee when they put together their JL product line with their 5-axis CNC... my word, is this stuff pretty.

i-hsTRdDr-X2.jpg

Playing with a shallow depth of field is fun... put the focus right "on the ball" mount. Here you will see the lower A-pillar ball mounts (these were an addition over what I had in the old JL). This is the shortest 67 Designs arm with the mounting cradle for my Garmin InReach Explorer+... I'll eventually figure out the wiring situation (not going to leave it mounted until I do), but I was just mocking it up and finding a position I liked. I like it where it is for ease of access in case of an emergency. It's also a useful location for the sPOD BantamX HD controller (not planning to run one, don't need it), but it puts it in a nice position.

i-R3FLr5V-XL.jpg

These are the mirror bases with ball mounts for the doors-off mirror kit that I still have from the old JL, just needed the bases since I left the bases in the old JL when I traded it in. I love this mirror setup when running doorless in the summertime. Again, take some time to admire the fit and finish here. It's remarkable. The ball mount here could be used for a GoPro or an sPOD BantamX HD controller.

i-pxZQVWD-XL.jpg

This grab bar ball is a perfect location for various different things... I'll probably use it to mount my HAM mic if I decide to install my HAM radio alongside the GMRS. It's not a bad location for folks that want to run a tablet. It's also great at punching your passenger in the eye in the event of an accident. 😝

i-7gfnP5h-XL.jpg

This was another addition above what I had in the old JL, and it's where I plan to mount a pew pew holder in the even that I ever own a pew pew again, which I currently don't........ ....... ....... 👀

But, if I did, a Glock 43 would probably go great right there. Probably. Maybe. I really wouldn't know.

i-CsbbzBQ-XL.jpg

This was another carryover piece that I had in the old JL and liked, so I ordered another since I also left it in the old JL... This is what I plan to use to hold the GMRS mic with a solution from Magnetic Mic. Now I just need to find the Magnetic Mic I already have... hmmm... I'll probably just end up ordering another one on Amazon, and then the old one will turn up the next day. 🤣

i-XH6Ktbc-XL.jpg

Bonus pic because I haven't posted it yet... 67 Designs Universal G2 Phone Mount. I think that's the shmedium arm? I dunno I have all of them and it's the Goldilocks size (middle one).

i-JKjZzHP-XL.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
i-TdkMHMQ-X2.jpg

I want to put a flashlight holder where your gloves are, for a Coast light that’s maybe an inch in diameter. I think the quadratec mount is too wide to hold my light. Ideas on smaller ones for that same space?
No clue, I don't mount flashlights there. I have never liked that location for a flashlight mount. I also have a slim Fenix PD36 TAC that stays in my pocket as part of my EDC... When I had my JK, I put gloves and a first aid kit under the driver's seat where I could immediately reach them from the side at a moment's notice.

I did the same on my old JL. On the 392, I'll be putting the ARB Twin under the driver's seat with the AAL mount, which puts the compressor chuck and power switch right there, and it will negate having a flashlight mounted there. If I'm lucky, I'll still be able to tuck my gloves there.

You know, Bob, you sure do like to talk about lights. Do you have some sort of fetish that we need to know about? 🤣

bobholthaus

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JKURD AEV JL370; 2014 GC Overland Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technology Integrator
I own a technology integration business; lighting and design are part of what I do every day. We live by the motto: “anything worth doing is worth doing right”.

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I own a technology integration business; lighting and design are part of what I do every day. We live by the motto: “anything worth doing is worth doing right”.
If you ever break bad, I'm going to call you Lex Lumen. Sounds better than the Flashlight Phantom.

Alright folks, still waiting on a new tracking number from Midland, and hopefully Amazon doesn't break the second spring steel antenna I ordered... Also ordered something fun (humorous) last night for a photo op. Stay tuned... :)

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
No sooner do I make that last post than I receive a new tracking number from Midland. Wow. Posting about Midland here seems to activate some sort of voodoo magic. Maybe if I post something like "I can't believe my radio hasn't shown up yet" it will just magically teleport here? 🤣

jcruse64

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4-door
Well, I know you all are sitting around your computers, phones, and tablets with bated breath waiting on me to post pictures of the Mopar Performance Rock Rails... So here they are. I took them with my iPhone. They look super profesh. You're welcome.

Note: I did make an effort to go to the car wash and wash all the winter shit off the side of the Jeep for y'all, but ended up just getting more of the winter shit on the Jeep on the drive home. SORRY.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370 i-JKjZzHP-XL

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370 i-JKjZzHP-XL
Those look good there!

I LOVE the badging!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Well, the box of Midland stuff that I ordered which was damaged by UPS showed up today. The shipping box is definitely almost FUBAR'd, but I have no clue how the contents look. Haven't opened it yet. Going to wait for the replacement order to show up tomorrow. Kind of hoping they don't ask for the damaged box back, as I'm sure my buddy would love to have a 50% discount on this stuff... 🤣

Also, someone on one of the other forums told me today that I didn't need a pew pew, even though I mentioned that all of mine were lost in a horrifically tragic boating accident ( 👀 ), so I went out after work and bought one of those newfangled G43X high-speed hole punches in the 9 millimeter size, and ordered one of those Alien Gear hole punch holders to mount up to my CMM Universal Accessory Mount.

muzicman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK CoD(sold), BMW M850i, 2021 MB X5 M50I
Well, the box of Midland stuff that I ordered which was damaged by UPS showed up today. The shipping box is definitely almost FUBAR'd, but I have no clue how the contents look. Haven't opened it yet. Going to wait for the replacement order to show up tomorrow. Kind of hoping they don't ask for the damaged box back, as I'm sure my buddy would love to have a 50% discount on this stuff... 🤣

Also, someone on one of the other forums told me today that I didn't need a pew pew, even though I mentioned that all of mine were lost in a horrifically tragic boating accident ( 👀 ), so I went out after work and bought one of those newfangled G43X high-speed hole punches in the 9 millimeter size, and ordered one of those Alien Gear hole punch holders to mount up to my CMM Universal Accessory Mount.
Pics or it didn't happen ;)

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Pics or it didn't happen ;)
I’ll take some pics of the Midland stuff when I tackle that install.

Received my TMR Customs Delrin hinge liners and the hinge alignment pins today.

Also got another mod today…

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I guess I can officially call my Jeep the "Level II Rubicon Pre-Release" ;)
There's nothing really special about the Level II, right? Standard suspension. Entry winch. Etc. The number of them, however, is extremely limited.
Sponsored