2023 Sarge Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370

rdfact

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURXR, '01 WJ
I used to be a Springfield guy (and a Glock hater, without any real reason). Then I shot a friend's Glock, and for me it was just, as they say, "Perfection." Traded in my Springfield XDM and XDS for a Glock 19 and Glock 43.

Then I lost all of my guns, and I mean every single one of them (that's right ATF... ALL OF THEM) in a horrifically tragic boating accident.
Who knew gun owners had so many boating accidents. ;)
ATF-Boating-Accident-Assistance-Meme.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370
Build Thread
Link
Today, I ordered the Artec Industries skids, including the exhaust skid.

I also picked up the Mopar Performance Parts Rocks Rails and mats for the cargo area from a dealer in my area. I liked the rock rails on my previous Jeep. I can't justify the price of the Rock Slide ones when I'm not vertically challenged or old. Maybe one day when I break a hip I'll get a set.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I also picked up the Mopar Performance Parts Rocks Rails and mats for the cargo area from a dealer in my area. I liked the rock rails on my previous Jeep. I can't justify the price of the Rock Slide ones when I'm not vertically challenged or old. Maybe one day when I break a hip I'll get a set.
It's pretty damn bizarre that people almost always comment on my RSE sliders before anything else.

muzicman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK CoD(sold), BMW M850i, 2021 MB X5 M50I
It's pretty damn bizarre that people almost always comment on my RSE sliders before anything else.
For me, comments on wheels followed closely by RSE's... I think I will put them on any future Jeep I ever buy, they are that great!

bobholthaus

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JKURD AEV JL370; 2014 GC Overland Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technology Integrator

Do you have a problem with the MPP Rock Rails rubbing on the back of you pants leg when you get out? That's my only issue with the width of them. Am thinking about putting one on the passenger side for my daughter and mf GF to be able to get in more easily.

Sponsored

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
For me, comments on wheels followed closely by RSE's... I think I will put them on any future Jeep I ever buy, they are that great!
Glad you guys like yours. After talking to a local buddy that wheels trails that I do in Moab, he stressed that the skid plate was a "must have" if I was going to buy them. I also took a long look at a 392 that was at the parts department today that had them on it, and it reaffirmed (for me) my choice to go with the Mopar rails.

The sliders with step plus skids are a touch over $3100 shipped... I'm 36, 6'2", and in relatively good shape (skier, mountain biker, hiker).

For me, I just do not see the value given my height / age / fitness level, I do not see them providing much if any additional protection over the Mopar rails (and definitely not when compared to the other sliders I was considering - the EVO Bomber Rockers), and I see them as a potential trouble spot (electronic issues, moving parts, need for the skid to protect the step and still potentially being able to damage the step).

If I decide I want more protection, I'll probably go for the EVO Bomber Rockers.

I know a lot of people that have them love them, especially the vertically challenged. But, I've also talked to a some locals my age and height, that wheel where I do who say they wouldn't buy them again. They're neat, but I just don't need them.

Plus, it makes it harder for fat chicks to climb in the Jeep and stow away if I've left the Jeep unattended at a Jeep meet or a popular trail.

Last edited:
OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Do you have a problem with the MPP Rock Rails rubbing on the back of you pants leg when you get out? That's my only issue with the width of them. Am thinking about putting one on the passenger side for my daughter and mf GF to be able to get in more easily.
No, I don't have that problem at all. Granted, my JKU was a Hard Rock edition and had a wider rail than the regular rubicon rail and my old JLU had the MPP Rock Rails from the factory, so I am used to Jeeps with rails on the side. I get in and out the exact same way... hand on the grab handle, foot on the rail. That avoids the pants issue altogether. It is honestly driving me bonkers that I do not have the MPP Rock Rails on the 392 right now. It boggles my mind that Jeep didn't give the option to those that ordered literally THE MOST EXPENSIVE JEEP THEY SELL (392) with the MOST EXPENSIVE OPTIONS PACKAGE they offer (XR) the ability to also add the MPP Rock Rails from the factory.

bobholthaus

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technology Integrator
No, I don't have that problem at all. Granted, my JKU was a Hard Rock edition and had a wider rail than the regular rubicon rail and my old JLU had the MPP Rock Rails from the factory, so I am used to Jeeps with rails on the side. I get in and out the exact same way... hand on the grab handle, foot on the rail. That avoids the pants issue altogether. It is honestly driving me bonkers that I do not have the MPP Rock Rails on the 392 right now. It boggles my mind that Jeep didn't give the option to those that ordered literally THE MOST EXPENSIVE JEEP THEY SELL (392) with the MOST EXPENSIVE OPTIONS PACKAGE they offer (XR) the ability to also add the MPP Rock Rails from the factory.
It is odd that it wasn't an option on the 392. I slide out of my Jeep, and when I drove a friend's that had the MPP rails for a weekend, it kept hitting the back of my leg. Maybe that now that I am going to 37s (I had 35s on my JK), I'll want to use the step to get out. And possibly to get in (I'm 5'10"). I know the females in my life would surely appreciate the MPPs.

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It is odd that it wasn't an option on the 392. I slide out of my Jeep, and when I drove a friend's that had the MPP rails for a weekend, it kept hitting the back of my leg. Maybe that now that I am going to 37s (I had 35s on my JK), I'll want to use the step to get out. And possibly to get in (I'm 5'10"). I know the females in my life would surely appreciate the MPPs.
For the sake of your seats, you should break the habit of sliding out of the Jeep.

bobholthaus

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technology Integrator
For the sake of your seats, you should break the habit of sliding out of the Jeep.
Ah, great advice that I've never thought about. Thank you for that.

And now that I see how cheap oem rock rails go for, I should have spec'd my Jeep with the MPPs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The beauty of the Mopar Performance Rock Rails is you can install them at 10:30 at night in your garage by yourself in 30 minutes, including cleaning the winter shit off the garage floor, remembering you have 3485902534589034 cardboard boxes and could have just laid one of those down on the ground instead of cleaning the floor, laying down said cardboard box, removing the factory Rubicon rails, and finding your 10mm socket.

I'll post a couple of pics shortly. Busy morning.

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I still owe the thread some pictures of the rock rails, but... I finally got a warm enough day to install the 67 Designs Series 55 Rail base mount. It's about 51F outside and the garage is sitting at 63F... I can tell you what home improvement project I'm going to be doing before next winter. I miss my old insulated, heated garage.

Install was a breeze. This thing is stupid simple to install.

Nice pictures, dirty Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370 i-kHkbszw-XL

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370 i-jwgMfr7-XL

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator

bobholthaus

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technology Integrator
I still owe the thread some pictures of the rock rails, but... I finally got a warm enough day to install the 67 Designs Series 55 Rail base mount. It's about 51F outside and the garage is sitting at 63F... I can tell you what home improvement project I'm going to be doing before next winter. I miss my old insulated, heated garage.

Install was a breeze. This thing is stupid simple to install.

Nice pictures, dirty Jeep.

Funny, I ordered the 3 ball setup last night! Looking good.

ROK HEMI

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Didn't realize, not a major gun guy (only have 1 9mm pistol), and honestly bought it because it was quick and easy from Amazon. I didn't even notice the graphics as my phone is always covering it up (see below) I like the flexibility of your design better, but at this point I'm $300+ in mount & goodies, so stuck for the time being. I still have the tablet mount to figure out for my OnX Offroad and related goodies. I will move the Midland down to grab bar mount when I put the tablet in.
What mounts are you using to hold that Midland radio and Mic?
Sponsored