Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Well, the pickup date is getting closer! I got these photos from my friends at AEV today...

i-CDpk49R-XL.jpg

If you peek closely, you'll see the Bilstein 8100 shocks and AEV springs.

i-6bNHkmk-XL.jpg

Rear suspension...

i-KkZCLpW-XL.jpg

i-qR4qvgF-XL.jpg

i-mNpCnQR-XL.jpg

i-4HsQw9b-XL.jpg

i-b6qhHXZ-XL.jpg
You'll really like the Bilstein 8100 suspension.

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370
Build Thread
Link
I got a couple more pictures today from my friends at AEV...

This, to me, is one of the coolest options for an AEV conversion... Having the interior of the hardtop painted black. Game changer. I also love the AEV logo embroidered into the headrests.

i-QLLD9KM-XL.jpg

The Jeep awaiting final inspection... With the Hi-Vis Jeep next to it, it looks like a race podium 🤣
One thing that always impresses me is how clean and tidy AEV's facility is in every picture that I see of it. That's the mark of technicians that take pride in their work.

i-bgFXL9k-XL.jpg

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
My friends at AEV sent me a few more pics today. So stoked to pick this thing up!

Normally, I'm not a huge fan of paint-matched dashes. It took me a while to get used to the red dash on my current Rubicon. To each their own, but I'm really not a fan of when people paint match them with the bright exterior colors (Hellayella, Punk'n, Firecracker, Hydro, Mojito), and this is coming from a guy that owned a 2015 Baja Yellow Rubicon and currently owns a 2021 Hellayella Rubicon... So, safe to say I like brightly colored Jeeps. One of my buddies at AEV whose sense of taste I trust, and who has seen all number of custom painted dash panels they have done assured me the Sarge Green would look great, especially with the bronze stitching. I am really happy with how it turned out. It gives that extra sense of customization, while not being obnoxious. If you look closely, you can see the custom AEV gauge cluster.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370 i-PCPJ9xb-XL

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370 i-bGzGHK2-X2

Sponsored

muzicman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK CoD(sold), BMW M850i, 2021 MB X5 M50I
Is your dust/area light on back the Baja Squadron? If so, do you know which model? My JL-370 came with a naked mast so want to add that to the top :)

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Please forgive my ignorance but what is AEV?

SBB
American Expedition Vehicles.

They are a company that specializes in turnkey conversions and parts for Jeep Wranglers and Gladiators, Heavy Duty RAM trucks, and now offers parts for and packages from the factory for Chevy and GM trucks.

Their "flagship" vehicle conversion is the Prospector XL, which is based on the 2500/3500 Heavy Duty RAM. It is a beast... Preserving the payload and towing capabilities of the RAM while fitting 40" tires and creating a full-size heavy duty truck that can tackle Moab.

i-vdJKgQf-XL.jpg

From their website:

"AEV was formed in the 1990s when founder and President Dave Harriton started stretching TJ Wranglers for himself and a few friends while a student at the University of Montana. He eventually won a business school award based on this Jeep project, and after graduating Dave set up shop in a one-room garage with a dirt floor in Missoula, Montana. When Dave’s modified Wranglers began winning Chrysler Design Excellence Awards at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show, he found partners in Detroit who could bring OE-quality engineering and manufacturing expertise to his innovative designs.

Today, AEV is a modern success story in resurgent American automotive manufacturing. With a design/engineering facility in Missoula and a large engineering/vehicle build/warehouse plant in Detroit, AEV has built a brand with a stellar reputation in the passionate Jeep and off-road communities. AEV products are of the highest quality, built with the most advanced manufacturing processes available to any automotive company in the world. AEV believes in American made products—more than 90% are built within 200 miles of Detroit.

Whether it’s for Wrangler or Ram, AEV takes a no-compromise, total integration approach in developing its product lineup. Front and rear bumpers, hoods, wheels, suspension lifts, even badging and interior finishes are all designed to work in concert with one another from both visual aesthetic and ride performance parameters. Suspensions (or suspension components) in particular receive considerable investment, engineering, and testing. In fact, all AEV products and vehicles pass OE-level testing in both real world and controlled environments. AEV’s goal is not just customization, but actual improvement in the look, functionality, and drivability of the original vehicle on every surface, from the interstate to the most difficult off-road terrain.

AEV’s guiding principles begin with innovation in design and quality in manufacturing. Several AEV parts were the first, and are still among the only, stamped steel accessories in the aftermarket, and all finishes are to OE standards in corrosion protection. Innovations have included the Brute Double Cab, which converts a JK Wrangler into a stretched four-door pickup, a Heat Reduction Hood for Wrangler that actually helps cool the engine, and a versatile Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier that supports multiple components crucial to overland explorers. AEV was also the first company in the world to engineer a complete 5.7L or 6.4L HEMI V8 Engine Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler.

As AEV continues to grow with new parts and accessories for the latest Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator, HD Ram trucks and Chevrolet Colorado, the company remains steadfast in its dedication to American manufacturing and providing customers with the highest quality, most innovative off-road products available on the market today. At AEV, quality is the core value, and for more than two decades AEV’s adherence to this principle has been Proven Worldwide."

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Is your dust/area light on back the Baja Squadron? If so, do you know which model? My JL-370 came with a naked mast so want to add that to the top :)
It is a Baja Designs Squadron. I cannot remember which variant we spec'd (I think it's the Sport).

Sponsored

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Beautiful! I'm anxious to hear how it performs on the trail.
It should perform flawlessly... My current Jeep (which is basically a homebuilt version of this) does everything I've asked it to, it just happens to sound like a hamster flying a 767 while on the trail, between the 4cyl turbo and the fan... 🤣

muzicman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK CoD(sold), BMW M850i, 2021 MB X5 M50I
It is a Baja Designs Squadron. I cannot remember which variant we spec'd (I think it's the Sport).
See how naked it looks up top with out it :) Great choice. When you get it, if you remember, let me know if it is wired with the bumper on Aux 3 or it is on its own on Aux 4?

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370 3aa6fa3e3f23b4892d5be5f71b22e727

EMpunker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon V6
What a beast, the perfect spec!

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
See how naked it looks up top with out it :) Great choice. When you get it, if you remember, let me know if it is wired with the bumper on Aux 3 or it is on its own on Aux 4?

3aa6fa3e3f23b4892d5be5f71b22e727.jpg
I zoomed into the original image they sent me and I'm 99.99% sure it's Squadron Sport.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Is that a new option? I don't think it was available when I ordered mine in Dec '21.
Sponsored