Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I just signed up for the AEV Training Tour in the sand dunes of Oregon. I wish that I had seen this earlier and doubt if I'll get in, but oh well.

Here's a video of it from several years ago:
Sponsored

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
Interesting, I had mentioned dust light to Brandon at Baja Design and he specifically recommended the S1 or S2. I may only put one on, and sell the 2nd and harness. I was just thinking I would get dual use, but maybe that use case isn't plausible. Chase/dust is more important than task/work for this build. Thanks for the ideas/feedback @392OVRLND!
To each their own. Most people running chase or reverse lights opt for a dual setup and a wide corner lens pattern. Just speaking from experience and what I've seen and sold. There is always a different way to go about the same end goal so no right or wrong way of achieving that. I will be running a dual flush mount S1 setup in the near future in a wide corner clear lens as a reverse and working light.
Best,
Brandon

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370
Build Thread
Link
To each their own. Most people running chase or reverse lights opt for a dual setup and a wide corner lens pattern. Just speaking from experience and what I've seen and sold. There is always a different way to go about the same end goal so no right or wrong way of achieving that. I will be running a dual flush mount S1 setup in the near future in a wide corner clear lens as a reverse and working light.
Best,
Brandon
I agree that for reverse lights, or for forward facing dust lights, a wide corner lens pattern is the way to go.

But, for a dust / chase light, my preference is a single, amber-colored light with either spot or driving combo lens, because it's about being seen, not being able to see.

I want someone following me that is in a cloud of dust to have a visual reference of how close they are to me so they don't plow into the back of my Jeep if I stop. The ideal light for my usage would probably be the Squadron Racer Edition in amber with the Racer Spot beam pattern that throws 40% more distance than the Squadron Pro.

I may upgrade to that later, but given that this wasn't an official option from AEV and more of them doing me a solid, I had to take what I could get. I'll very likely be changing the work scene lens out for either a spot or driving combo lens.

Dystynkt

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Occupation
Professional Drinker
Awesome thread, glad I stumbled onto this. Dream Jeep right here. Can't wait to see what you think after delivery!

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Well, this past weekend, I drove out to Glendale, California to see Jackson Ellis at Glendale Dodge Chrysler Jeep (AND RAM!!) to sign the paperwork and trade in the "old" Jeep.

The drive was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, but I took my time, stopping in Vegas Saturday night and spending Sunday night in Los Angeles. I went to the dealership in the morning yesterday to finalize the deal. Now I have an envelope full of paper that says I own a 392 by way of the bank! Isn't that what every Jeeper dreams about?

Jackson's team was kind enough to throw in a lunch order for me at In-N-Out, which was pretty neat! Buy a Jeep, get a 3x3!

Jackson also was kind enough to not only let me drive his 392 AEV JL370 to get a taste of what I will soon have my hands on, but also to chauffeur me to the airport in it on his way home!

Honestly folks, I'll keep saying it... if you're in the market to buy a Jeep... Jackson is the guy to go see.

i-Bccgbp4-XL.jpg

One last look at the old Jeep (HBTFD emblem on the back means "How 'Bout Them F*****' Dawgs!?") parked next to Jackson's Gobi 392 AEV JL370.

i-rpZrZSg-XL.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Well, my friends at AEV sent me over a few things today. One of them sent me something I can't share... yet. The other one sent me a whole bunch of photos I can share now!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370 i-vDx7jMv-XL

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370 i-bDsJgpb-XL

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370 i-M5HmKjw-XL

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370 i-Rh3553C-XL

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370 i-WdLMmx7-XL

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370 i-fV4LC2s-XL

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370 i-cCxP6Zp-X3

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370 i-FMCnzDC-X3

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370 i-K5WDwjL-XL

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Sarge Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370 i-Wf6jhDX-X3

Last edited:

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon
I'm so damn jealous right now. I love my HellaYella but this would be so damn tempting if I had the money.

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
Well, my friends at AEV sent me over a few things today. One of them sent me something I can't share... yet. The other one sent me a whole bunch of photos I can share now!

View attachment 703290
Wow... that thing is... struggling to find the words... perfect (?). Congratulations. I like it almost as much as mine 🤠 !

muzicman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK CoD(sold), BMW M850i, 2021 MB X5 M50I
Looks fantastic, and you definitely chose the 2nd best color (after Gobi of course <wink>!) You will love it!

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Looks fantastic, and you definitely chose the 2nd best color (after Gobi of course <wink>!) You will love it!
If it is the second-best color after Gobi, then it's really the third-best color, because the best color is the color I just traded in! Hellayella (Baja Yellow).

Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Jealous jealous jealous….. Darn AEVs are awesome 😍
Needing 4 things to make it mine.
1- I would need a fortune ;)
2- It needs a Nice AEV badge on the dash in front of the passenger between the vents. Or at least a decal.
3- It needs a black satin grill
4- Is a question….. why don’t AEV also install front splash guards/ Mud flaps since they do so in the rear. OR..how does AEV deal with the fact that the rear fender and door hinges will get damaged on secondary roads ? PPF or they dont care???

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Jealous jealous jealous….. needing 4 things to make it mine.
2- It needs a Nice AEV badge on the dash in front of the passenger between the vents. Or at least a decal.
4- Is a question….. why don’t AEV also install front splash guards/ Mud flaps since they do so in the rear. OR..how does AEV deal with the fact that the rear fender and door hinges will get damaged on secondary roads ? PPF or they dont care???
#2 is too much for my style, but to each their own.
#3 only looks good on certain colors in my opinion (and not on Sarge Green)
#4 The XR fender extensions should handle that. I'm also looking into PPF. AEV's wheels also keep the tires tucked under the fender flares unlike a lot of wheels out there, so that helps.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
#2 is too much for my style, but to each their own.
#3 only looks good on certain colors in my opinion (and not on Sarge Green)
#4 The XR fender extensions should handle that. I'm also looking into PPF. AEV's wheels also keep the tires tucked under the fender flares unlike a lot of wheels out there, so that helps.
Yeah, I might be cheezy a bit sometimes…. Might be too much since the logo is already on the headrest👍

Maybe since the Sarge is already dark🤷‍♂️

As for the XR extensions, I can tell you that they don’t do much for rear fender protection. I have these extensions and also had PPF. 1 gravel road is all it took and although the PPF had done its job, it was full of nicks and rips and had to be replaced.

Tip if I may, get PPF as soon as you can, like yesterday before paint damage, and ask for the 10mil thickness and not the 6mil which was the one that got damaged. The PPF guy said the thicker one would do the job, but yet I still installed front splash guards.

Cheers and congrats again on an awesome Jeep🍻

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Jealous jealous jealous….. Darn AEVs are awesome 😍
Needing 4 things to make it mine.
Note that the dash is custom. There aren't, however, flashy stickers on it.

The flaps on the rear are optional. I did not want / get them on mine.

I'm thinking that most people that buy these will be putting rock sliders on them. Those have a bonus of keeping rocks off of the door hinges.

Note that these aren't intended to be Mall Crawlers. We (hopefully) don't buy them to baby them.

OP
OP
392OVRLND

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yeah, I might be cheezy a bit sometimes…. Might be too much since the logo is already on the headrest👍

Maybe since the Sarge is already dark🤷‍♂️

As for the XR extensions, I can tell you that they don’t do much for rear fender protection. I have these extensions and also had PPF. 1 gravel road is all it took and although the PPF had done its job, it was full of nicks and rips and had to be replaced.

Tip if I may, get PPF as soon as you can, like yesterday before paint damage, and ask for the 10mil thickness and not the 6mil which was the one that got damaged. The PPF guy said the thicker one would do the job, but yet I still installed front splash guards.

Cheers and congrats again on an awesome Jeep🍻
Already have a few PPF quotes.

Both shops I have quotes from do the 6mm in the whole fender and then layer additional 10mm on top on the front of the rear fender.

Helps that AEV also keeps their backspacing minimal and thus the tires stay tucked.
Sponsored