PandaJL

First Name
Aly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Wrangler
Hey all,

There was a post in the JL Order status thread recently where someone mentioned their 2023 cloth seat rubicon didn’t come with the molle straps in the back. They mentoined a map pocket. I was pretty particular about the seats when I ordered, and hemmed and hawed over the cleanliness of leather vs. the non-burning cloth in the summer, and opted for cloth after I confirmed that they didn’t “look cheap” so I’m a little concerned to hear about changes.

Does anyone have photos of the 2023 cloth rubi seats to better show how they changed? Are they consistently different? Do they have molle straps sometimes?

I tried poking around at dealer inventory to see — This jeep looks like it has straps and cloth on a rubi, so I’m not sure what to expect for my order.
Example 2023
Here’s another one that’s cloth and seems to still have molle straps
Sponsored

Jared1956

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 1964 CJ3B 1967 CJ5
….and the factory makes mistakes all of the time. In years past I’ve seen Jeeps with three body colored flares and one black that some how made it out of QC. I’ve seen Jeeps with wrong colored stitching on the steering wheels, door panels that are wrong, etc etc etc. Check your Jeep CLOSELY when it arrives.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
I'm the one @PandaJL is referring to. I did go over the jeep pretty thoroughly, but this was the one thing I didn't think of until we got it home and I was putting my daughter in the back.

THAT SAID, it's a rubicon seat cover, it has the red stitching and the rubicon embroidery and center inlays. to call it a mistake wouldn't make sense, since it has two zippers up the back and the map pocket. I thought it was a mistake so I looked at the jeep site, and under interior, it does not list the molle, so I'm not sure.

I work with automotive suppliers, especially with interior wraps and fabric patterns. You shouldn't somehow get a cloth seat made on the line, with all the rubicon bits, but with the wrong pattern using zippers and a map pocket instead of the molle. That's just not how the production is set up, especially since it's probably a supplier making the covers and seats, and shipping them to the jeep facility in toledo.

I'll get pics tomorrow and upload them.

….and the factory makes mistakes all of the time. In years past I’ve seen Jeeps with three body colored flares and one black that some how made it out of QC. I’ve seen Jeeps with wrong colored stitching on the steering wheels, door panels that are wrong, etc etc etc. Check your Jeep CLOSELY when it arrives.
This one doesn't make sense to me as a factory error based off how vehicles are made and suppliers make components, see my text above in this post on my logic as to why. Not saying I'm right, but it wouldn't make sense for this type of mistake to happen.

My 23 has the molle and bungee pockets as it is supposed to. The factory messes up on occasion 😉
But was yours the cloth interior? If it's a 392, those get leather trimmed seats, not the same as the basic rubicon cloth seats.

OP
OP
PandaJL

PandaJL

First Name
Aly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Wrangler
Here’s another case of it - this listing looks like a rubicon with cloth seats but it seems to have a regular pocket… https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/share/343452273

I know the non-rubi seats had some with a pocket, but when I was shopping to figure out my options I saw only cloth seats with the Molle before I placed my order. I know some will care more than others, but I’ll be sad if mine comes without

B8C5EDEB-EC99-4D54-B9BD-E5DD974D33EA.png

Sponsored

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
My 2013 rubi had cloth, look identical to the posts above, same material, my has 18 leather, I'd prefer cloth again, but beggars can't be choosy. Wife prefers leather, it's not "scratchy" on her legs....

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Hey all,

There was a post in the JL Order status thread recently where someone mentioned their 2023 cloth seat rubicon didn’t come with the molle straps in the back. They mentoined a map pocket. I was pretty particular about the seats when I ordered, and hemmed and hawed over the cleanliness of leather vs. the non-burning cloth in the summer, and opted for cloth after I confirmed that they didn’t “look cheap” so I’m a little concerned to hear about changes.

Does anyone have photos of the 2023 cloth rubi seats to better show how they changed? Are they consistently different? Do they have molle straps sometimes?

I tried poking around at dealer inventory to see — This jeep looks like it has straps and cloth on a rubi, so I’m not sure what to expect for my order.
Example 2023
Here’s another one that’s cloth and seems to still have molle straps
FWIW, there are only a couple small screws at the bottom that keep the molle seat backs from falling down. My Jeep was missing these on the passenger side. I wouldn't put any kind of weight back there.

OP
OP
PandaJL

PandaJL

First Name
Aly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Wrangler
My ‘23 JLUR cloth seats are exactly the same as my ‘21 JLR cloth seats. See pics (sorry for the dog fur)

E75ECC4F-D991-41FD-A7B9-AAC519A65CF9.jpeg

08996A71-38D3-4414-B081-F48CAB465D0D.jpeg

A7B974F3-3CE4-4C41-9C8C-2D2507336CC9.jpeg
Yeah - this is what I’m hoping my order will get. No offense meant to those who like the other look - I just prefer this one and would’ve gotten leather if I knew it would change.

Sponsored

Quadjeeper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Occupation
retired
And my '22 392 has leather with the molle panels like my '20 Rubi had in cloth. I prefer cloth also, hence the covers.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Rubicon cloth seats? 392 seat and cover
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Rubicon cloth seats? 392 seat back cover

OP
OP
PandaJL

PandaJL

First Name
Aly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Wrangler

BaconKittens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 JLR
I was looking over the seats in my 2020 and I totally destroyed the mesh pocket on the drivers side - it has a huge rip it in. Maybe cloth will be better for me. I think since I'm getting a 2 door and have intentions to get rid of the backseat, I wont be too sad if its not the molle...but IDK the molle seats look more hardcore.

I don't think I'm using my 2020 to the best of its ability and I think I'm going to change that.

Can someone tell me why the molle are better over the cloth? What are the benefits?

Bug Splats

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 JLUR XR, ‘17 4Runner
My ‘23 Rubicon with cloth seats also has the molle webbing and the mesh pockets.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Rubicon cloth seats? 8E001DBB-55A2-457B-B9A8-DA8E3A8F6918
Sponsored