Sponsored

2023 orders and Tread Lightly discounts...

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

the dealer i ordered with specifically said they do not honor the tread lightly discount. i still went with them bc they had no deposit required to place order.
Hopefully you got a below invoice price. If not then check out the spreadsheet in my sig.
Sponsored

Astheros

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Pilot
i did use your sig. thanks a bunch. i went with farrish cdjr.

koons does use tread lightly but they wanted a deposit

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

i did use your sig. thanks a bunch. i went with farrish cdjr.

koons does use tread lightly but they wanted a deposit
Many of us think that giving them a deposit is "a good thing." There's a chance that they could sell it out from under you to someone willing to pay MSRP+ is there's no deposit. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but maybe not?

Vulcaris

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, '23 Wrangler Willys(maybe)
Many of us think that giving them a deposit is "a good thing." There's a chance that they could sell it out from under you to someone willing to pay MSRP+ is there's no deposit. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but maybe not?
You're correct. Unscrupulous dealerships could pull this.

Marlene

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer I went through to order my 2023 JWURD quoted me 5% below invoice and 6% below if I had an “affiliate” code.
Same here!!!
Mike at Lakeland Dodge Jeep in Florida Rocks! 5 percent below.
A real pleasure to work with!

Sponsored

Clif

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
It doesn't look like ANY of the 2023 FCA models are eligible for the Tread Lightly discount . . . yet.

You can monitor status with the link below. It is the FCA Affiliates Discount program page and shows the Eligible Vehicles. When you've opened it, click on " Customer Program Rules. " The current version (as of Sept 7 2022) links to a doc that was last updated in March of 2022. It lists '20, '21 and '22 models only - no 2023 models are yet eligible.

https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/dealer/vehicles.html

It looks like different models became eligible at different times in different years.
For MY2020, the Wranglers became eligible 8/23/19. The 4xe was apparently not included.
For MY 2021, all Wranglers (incl 4xe) became eligible 2/4/21, became ineligible 10/1/21, and regained eligibility 1/4/22.
For MY 2022 , all Wranglers became eligible 1/4/22.

If they follow the pattern of the last couple years, Wranglers won't be eligible until early next year.

RockymtnJL

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 23 JLUR 4XE
It doesn't look like ANY of the 2023 FCA models are eligible for the Tread Lightly discount . . . yet.

You can monitor status with the link below. It is the FCA Affiliates Discount program page and shows the Eligible Vehicles. When you've opened it, click on " Customer Program Rules. " The current version (as of Sept 7 2022) links to a doc that was last updated in March of 2022. It lists '20, '21 and '22 models only - no 2023 models are yet eligible.

https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/dealer/vehicles.html

It looks like different models became eligible at different times in different years.
For MY2020, the Wranglers became eligible 8/23/19. The 4xe was apparently not included.
For MY 2021, all Wranglers (incl 4xe) became eligible 2/4/21, became ineligible 10/1/21, and regained eligibility 1/4/22.
For MY 2022 , all Wranglers became eligible 1/4/22.

If they follow the pattern of the last couple years, Wranglers won't be eligible until early next year.
Good info thanks! I have a 23 JLUR 4xe on order. I signed up anyway because I think it's a great cause and organization. Just got my sticker and my T-shirt 😎

Turaven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wrangler Sport 4-door 6MT
Allegedly dealers get reamed if they sell customer orders to somebody other than the one named in the order. Dunno if that's true.

I am still a little paranoid about the dealer selling my order, so I make sure to pop in to the dealership every couple weeks when I'm passing by to check on the order and show my face. At least they know I'm planning on getting it and picking it up ASAP, so a quick/easy sale.

I also have some insurance with my configuration. The average Joe on the street bumbling into the dealership probably doesn't want a stick shift, rag top, manual lock/window 4-door.

tshaw2009

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Sport 2-Door, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lead Pastor, County Projects Coordinator, and Former 88N10 in US Army
I called my dealership and asked them if they would honor FCA Affiliate pricing with a Tread Lightly membership and they said no questions asked, "Yes!". Just bring in your membership letter and code at the time of delivery and they would honor 1% below dealer invoice which amounts to approximately 7% off of total MSRP. I also didn't have to put down a deposit for my order. They also do not have documentation fees. They ask you if you want an extended service contract and if you say "no", that is the end of it and you pay what the invoice says. In and out in less than 30 minutes.

Last edited:

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I also have some insurance with my configuration. The average Joe on the street bumbling into the dealership probably doesn't want a stick shift, rag top, manual lock/window 4-door.
Are you saying to buy the least desirable Wrangler so it doesn't get sold out from underneath you? ;)

Sponsored

smensman

First Name
Steohanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JK - 2023 Wrangler 392 ordered
Has anyone with an order for a 2023 Jeep been told the Tread Lightly discount may not be applicable??? I realize it's up to each dealership as to if they will accept it, but this dealership has a long history of acceptance as long as the program is available. Makes me wonder if there's not some news coming later....hope not!!!
What is this Tread Lightly discount?

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

One potentially significant requirement is that you join at least 30 days before you take delivery of the vehicle.

1% below invoice is pretty significant. Also check the spreadsheet in my sig.
Sponsored

Reactions: AFD