Sponsored

Faresalsal

First Name
Fares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL / 2012 Mustang Boss302 / 1998 Cherokee Sport
Visiting the dealership and found this tiny update to all 2023 model with the LED Headlights, the insides of the light are now black instead of chrome. Blue Jeep is a 2022. Compare to the 2023 Gray Jeep's headlights.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 LED headlights updated? (Slightly) EB6D05F1-C055-4DA6-A2D9-4E8BD9E8A3EB

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 LED headlights updated? (Slightly) E05BA690-6B6E-4DDF-BB32-07E14E7C5012

Also posted by @Heimkehr

There's also been a mild change to the LED tail light aesthetic.

2022 vs. 2023
2022-led-tails-jpg.jpg

2023-led-tails-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
Interesting. I wonder if that was done in an attempt to reduce some of the light scatter I've seen from the oem leds. Like when people compare them to oracles and such on a wall.

bdaviskc

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLU Sahara (Silver)
Is "Oracle" the aftermarket gold standard for LED upgrades? We did not do the LED option with our '23 Sahara and now wish we had--looking to upgrade. Headlights/foglights at least--not so worked up about the tail lights. Seems like there are 100s of options out there. Pretty sure the $199 Amazon deals are not the way to go--any recommendations? Thanks (and sorry to sort of hijack this thread).

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Here's my thread on the Rough Country 9" LED set, they use the same housing, height adjusters, and main projector as the Oracles, just a different DRL display, they've been great and sometimes you can find them on their scratch & dent ebay store for less than half off (that's what I did) and they're just repacked lights AFAIK, mine looked like they've never been touched :) Cutoff is very sharp and distinct w/ a blue edge similar to Bi-Xenons. If you get Oracle Oculus expect the same exact performance, but a circle for the DRL.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/just-got-the-rough-country-9-led-headlight-set.84526/

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Is "Oracle" the aftermarket gold standard for LED upgrades? We did not do the LED option with our '23 Sahara and now wish we had--looking to upgrade. Headlights/foglights at least--not so worked up about the tail lights. Seems like there are 100s of options out there. Pretty sure the $199 Amazon deals are not the way to go--any recommendations? Thanks (and sorry to sort of hijack this thread).
Do a google search for "LED headlights JLWranglerforum". That will give you all the comparisons you need.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

2022 vs. 2023
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 LED headlights updated? (Slightly) 2022 LED tails
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 LED headlights updated? (Slightly) 2023 LED tails

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old go-cart from 1973
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
KC also makes replacement headlights. I think they even have 2 different types to choose from.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
We did not do the LED option with our '23 Sahara and now wish we had--looking to upgrade. Headlights/foglights at least--not so worked up about the tail lights. Seems like there are 100s of options out there. Pretty sure the $199 Amazon deals are not the way to go--any recommendations?
The first thing you'll want to determine is if you're willing to fit 7" headlights with adapters, or invest in 9" units that match the factory dimension.

If accumulating snow is also a concern, consider LED headlight assemblies with integrated heating elements*. Otherwise, snow, ice and/or slush will likely accumulate on the lenses, possibly to the point of adversely affecting your forward vision. The halogens presently in situ on your Sahara actually solves that issue. Just something to keep in mind.

*At least one forum member has documented a malfunctioning heating element that began to melt the headlight lens itself, so caveat emptor.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The first thing you'll want to determine is if you're willing to fit 7" headlights with adapters, or invest in 9" units that match the factory dimension.

If accumulating snow is also a concern, consider LED headlight assemblies with integrated heating elements*. Otherwise, snow, ice and/or slush will likely accumulate on the lenses, possibly to the point of adversely affecting your forward vision. The halogens presently in situ on your Sahara actually solves that issue. Just something to keep in mind.

*At least one forum member has documented a malfunctioning heating element that began to melt the headlight lens itself, so caveat emptor.
Prior to my 9" Rough Country set I posted above, I went w/ 2 different 7" sets w/ adapters, not a fan at all w/ that 7" setup :(

Sponsored

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
Visiting the dealership and found this tiny update to all 2023 model with the LED Headlights, the insides of the light are now black instead of chrome. Blue Jeep is a 2022. Compare to the 2023 Gray Jeep's headlights.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 LED headlights updated? (Slightly) 1671735317312

Also posted by @Heimkehr

2022 vs. 2023

Can you outline what the difference in the taillight aesthetic is? It seems light the only difference is the lighter-color red in the 2023 (assuming bottom pic the 2023?)? Or is that some photoshop/sales wizardry with the same OEM taillight? It seems pretty evident that they changed the contrast on the bottom one from the top darker-blue one in different ways...tires on bottom have less contrast (although I'm digging the "new" wheel design it seems they have or am I smoking crack?), hinges have less contrast, more shadow under the vehicle, Passenger Mirror is darker/less light....methinks this is the marketing/communications department bored and tryna make the vehicle standout different than the prior year in a few ways. What do you think?

JL 2D

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport 2-door
I have the Oracle bi-led 9” headlights on a 2020 sport. They are an outstanding improvement over halogen, and overall an outstanding light. You won’t be disappointed spending the extra money.

bdaviskc

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLU Sahara (Silver)
I have the Oracle bi-led 9” headlights on a 2020 sport. They are an outstanding improvement over halogen, and overall an outstanding light. You won’t be disappointed spending the extra money.
Thanks!!! Was leaning that direction, but still early in my research. Appreciate the input here--good group/resource.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited