Koons of Tyson Corner Ordering, Tracking and Delivery Reports

BaconKittens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 JLR
Welp, still in D status.

Waiting patiently for D1.

I was hoping to have it by Halloween, but at this rate I'll settle for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Sponsored

Plumbean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon XR
Ordered 7/2. Details below in my sig block. Been in E status according to the tracker for 7 days now. Trying not to bother Koons too often, but they told me on Monday I was in JB status. I suspect that is to get XR package related stuff installed. The last update from Koons still showed an estimated ship date of 9/1, so fingers crossed that today is the day ...

OP
OP
Grandmas392

Grandmas392

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Niro EV; '23 Pathfinder; '23 JL 392
Occupation
CFO
Jeep Wrangler JL Koons of Tyson Corner Ordering, Tracking and Delivery Reports 1662045872339

Have not heard a word from Koons so far...
Seeing the other 2023 order threads that I am stalking, it for sure was beneficial it seems to order a 4xe. Hopefully you get the "Come get it" call soon. You're right there!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Grandmas392

Grandmas392

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CFO
Truck is backin' up. Back to "C" status for this 392 order... 😭🥺
Back to "D" status as of today. Seeing many June and some July orders starting to make their way through the build stages, and might I even say delivery?

Looking forward to possible being lit up for build this month. 🤞

yoyoyoyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Seeing the other 2023 order threads that I am stalking, it for sure was beneficial it seems to order a 4xe. Hopefully you get the "Come get it" call soon. You're right there!!!
I asked Koons and they said the car is still in transit....very strange!
[edit] just got the email from finance department, my car has arrived! They might take 2 days to fully prep the vehicle.

Last edited:

BaconKittens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 JLR
Does anyone know the situation for the 'koons' badge I've seen on vehicles? Is that something they're going to put on our jeeps? ...because I REALLY don't want it and I really don't want to go through the slight inconvenience of removing it myself.

Do you think this is something we can request them not to do? (im okay with license plate frames since that is super easy to remove)

OP
OP
Grandmas392

Grandmas392

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CFO
Does anyone know the situation for the 'koons' badge I've seen on vehicles? Is that something they're going to put on our jeeps? ...because I REALLY don't want it and I really don't want to go through the slight inconvenience of removing it myself.

Do you think this is something we can request them not to do? (im okay with license plate frames since that is super easy to remove)
Sounds easy enough that it can be a request that would be easily honored. I suppose for the discount though, if they said it was non negotiable I wouldn't throw much of a stink. Lol. I plan to see if they can tint the windows before taking delivery, maybe I'll request no Koons badging to boot.

OP
OP
Grandmas392

Grandmas392

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CFO
I asked Koons and they said the car is still in transit....very strange!
[edit] just got the email from finance department, my car has arrived! They might take 2 days to fully prep the vehicle.
Get dem' pics up when you get it! You'll be the first on this thread to touch and feel your new whip! Envious and happy! 😁😉

Sponsored

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab

When I ordered my 2019 I asked them not to add any badging. They complied and none were put on the Jeep.

Night

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Jeep Wrangler JL Koons of Tyson Corner Ordering, Tracking and Delivery Reports Screenshot_20220830-120207_Chrome

Picked her up on Friday 09-02-2022

Jeep Wrangler JL Koons of Tyson Corner Ordering, Tracking and Delivery Reports 20220902_140758

It was love at first sight!

2023 JLUR
Matte black hard top and flares
Led package
Tow package
Cold weather group
Xtreme Recon package

Thanks to this forum for helping with the research on how to get my order the quickest (pass on the Mopar add ons, there are also better aftermarket options) and for hooking us up with @Koons_of_Tysons_Corner and their great deals.

I can't speak highly enough of Craig and his team for making this so stress free and easy to get the Jeep I've been wanting! Adam helped to finalize the deal and was a pleasure to work with! @Koons_of_Tysons_Corner thank you so very much!

@BaconKittens yes you can request that. When I thought my Jeep might be in transit I emailed them and asked if it would be possible to ensure that no dealership stickers were placed on it. They immediately repllied that it wouldn't be a problem, and that it had just arrived! I do have the license plate frames on my temp tags, but I'm fine with those until my hard plates arrive.

I will definitely be recommending them to anyone I know that's interested in a Jeep, Dodge/Ram, or Chrysler! Thank you once again @Koons_of_Tysons_Corner !

OP
OP
Grandmas392

Grandmas392

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CFO
Jeep Wrangler JL Koons of Tyson Corner Ordering, Tracking and Delivery Reports 20220902_140758

Picked her up on Friday 09-02-2022

It was love at first sight!

2023 JLUR
Matte black hard top and flares
Led package
Tow package
Cold weather group
Xtreme Recon package

Thanks to this forum for helping with the research on how to get my order the quickest (pass on the Mopar add ons, there are also better aftermarket options) and for hooking us up with @Koons_of_Tysons_Corner and their great deals.

I can't speak highly enough of Craig and his team for making this so stress free and easy to get the Jeep I've been wanting! Adam helped to finalize the deal and was a pleasure to work with! @Koons_of_Tysons_Corner thank you so very much!

@BaconKittens yes you can request that. When I thought my Jeep might be in transit I emailed them and asked if it would be possible to ensure that no dealership stickers were placed on it. They immediately repllied that it wouldn't be a problem, and that it had just arrived! I do have the license plate frames on my temp tags, but I'm fine with those until my hard plates arrive.

I will definitely be recommending them to anyone I know that's interested in a Jeep, Dodge/Ram, or Chrysler! Thank you once again @Koons_of_Tysons_Corner !
Congrats! Great to hear the positive experience as well!

yoyoyoyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Get dem' pics up when you get it! You'll be the first on this thread to touch and feel your new whip! Envious and happy! 😁😉
Haha I ended up the 2nd! Pick up experience is good. Here is the checklist I use for my custom build 4XE, lease. My notes after the pick-up are in bold:

While in the office area:
  • Register Jeep Wave Program. Did not mention
  • Register SirusXM. Got email and text
  • Next steps on DMV? Nothing
  • Ask about modifications, like winch? As long as returning stock
Exterior:
  • Ensure all your flares match
  • Small, triangular plastic moldings near A pilar
  • Lights, exterior
  • <option black hard top> inspect hard top
  • <option Towing Pkg > Jeep hitch receiver and its rubber insert
  • <option: steel bumper> is it steel?
  • <option offroad camera> is it there?
Under the Hood:
  • Check fuse panel and ensure all fuses are pushed in. Many are not, and they were pushed in by robots.
  • All fluids should be topped off
  • <option Towing Pkg > Towing Pkg “7- and 4-Pin Wiring Harness”
  • <option Towing Pkg > 700amp battery
  • <option Cold weather> be sure you get the removable cord that is part of the block heater kit. No such thing
Under the Frame: (Did not do this section)
  • Check Frame welds
  • Checking Ball Joints to make sure they are all torqued properly
Interior:
  • Two sets of keys
  • JL Wrangler Owners Manual/Warranty guide. They still offer paper manual!
  • Rubber mats inside your center console
  • 4XE specific: Level 1 Charger and carrying bag
  • <option black hard top> Freedom top storage bag
  • <option black hard top> Jeep mini ratchet set/Torx (for hardtop/windshield/doors
  • <option Towing Pkg> small baggie with tubing and splices
  • All options: <All season mats> <hardtop headliner> < Advanced safety> <Cold weather> < Towing Pkg >
  • Try them: USB ports, carplay, 115V aux port, interior Lights, interior, AC, backup camera <option offroad camera>. Parking gear steering wheel test - No strange noise.
Test Drive -4XE
  • Air down tire pressure to 37 psi. They did it
  • Charge 100%. They did not, it is 0%
  • Tighten the fuel cap. Full tank gas at pick-up
  • Check the 3 coolant reservoirs yourself
  • Parking lot 4X4 (4H-4L-locks-swaybar)
  • Switch to 4H Auto, Test drive in Electric and then E-save.
  • <option safety> blindspot detection
  • Check the 3 coolant levels again
  • Check that it goes back on the charger just fine
Make sure you check the fuses! ~30% of my fuses are not fully seated (I have to push them down really hard to hear the clicks). Dealer only does the required factory checklist and pushing in fuses are not on that list.

So my 4XE comes with 37psi aired down (dealer said this is a required step, paid by FCA), full tank of gas, but zero charge in battery. I went out with E-save & max regen mode, drove ~300 miles home. This should be enough for engine and transmission break-in.

My avg MPG (zero charge) was 18, and later 20.3 when ACC took over (most of my trip back).

OP
OP
Grandmas392

Grandmas392

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CFO
Haha I ended up the 2nd! Pick up experience is good. Here is the checklist I use for my custom build 4XE, lease. My notes after the pick-up are in bold:

While in the office area:
  • Register Jeep Wave Program. Did not mention
  • Register SirusXM. Got email and text
  • Next steps on DMV? Nothing
  • Ask about modifications, like winch? As long as returning stock
Exterior:
  • Ensure all your flares match
  • Small, triangular plastic moldings near A pilar
  • Lights, exterior
  • <option black hard top> inspect hard top
  • <option Towing Pkg > Jeep hitch receiver and its rubber insert
  • <option: steel bumper> is it steel?
  • <option offroad camera> is it there?
Under the Hood:
  • Check fuse panel and ensure all fuses are pushed in. Many are not, and they were pushed in by robots.
  • All fluids should be topped off
  • <option Towing Pkg > Towing Pkg “7- and 4-Pin Wiring Harness”
  • <option Towing Pkg > 700amp battery
  • <option Cold weather> be sure you get the removable cord that is part of the block heater kit. No such thing
Under the Frame: (Did not do this section)
  • Check Frame welds
  • Checking Ball Joints to make sure they are all torqued properly
Interior:
  • Two sets of keys
  • JL Wrangler Owners Manual/Warranty guide. They still offer paper manual!
  • Rubber mats inside your center console
  • 4XE specific: Level 1 Charger and carrying bag
  • <option black hard top> Freedom top storage bag
  • <option black hard top> Jeep mini ratchet set/Torx (for hardtop/windshield/doors
  • <option Towing Pkg> small baggie with tubing and splices
  • All options: <All season mats> <hardtop headliner> < Advanced safety> <Cold weather> < Towing Pkg >
  • Try them: USB ports, carplay, 115V aux port, interior Lights, interior, AC, backup camera <option offroad camera>. Parking gear steering wheel test - No strange noise.
Test Drive -4XE
  • Air down tire pressure to 37 psi. They did it
  • Charge 100%. They did not, it is 0%
  • Tighten the fuel cap. Full tank gas at pick-up
  • Check the 3 coolant reservoirs yourself
  • Parking lot 4X4 (4H-4L-locks-swaybar)
  • Switch to 4H Auto, Test drive in Electric and then E-save.
  • <option safety> blindspot detection
  • Check the 3 coolant levels again
  • Check that it goes back on the charger just fine
Make sure you check the fuses! ~30% of my fuses are not fully seated (I have to push them down really hard to hear the clicks). Dealer only does the required factory checklist and pushing in fuses are not on that list.

So my 4XE comes with 37psi aired down (dealer said this is a required step, paid by FCA), full tank of gas, but zero charge in battery. I went out with E-save & max regen mode, drove ~300 miles home. This should be enough for engine and transmission break-in.

My avg MPG (zero charge) was 18, and later 20.3 when ACC took over (most of my trip back).
What a great write up on your experience and walk through of your new rig giving it a QC check! You left out the "show" from your show and tell though! Where are the beauty shots!!!
Sponsored