Sponsored

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
2022 MY started with a similar post and hen many months late so I'm a tiny bit weary but still hopeful... thank you :)
Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
There’s a tiny group of 2022 owners here that really wanna feel special because the 2022 model year had a shorter run, yet still managed to push out thousands.
Built in a rush during a parts shortage isn't necessarily a good selling point.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I realize you are talking about MY to MY. I ordered a '22 392 Gobi color, only available for 7 weeks before they shut off orders. Can a rare color have any effect on future value?
To some extent, yes. But you have to compare apples to apples. Look at the 2003 TJ Rubicon. The first year of the Rubicon there was a special color used in all of the promotional materials that were around back then. Aztec Gold. But those Jeeps don't have any additional value over a white or black one. Now super rare muscle cars and exotics in rare limited run colors are a different story entirely

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
It’ll be interesting to see how Jeep integrates a 10” unit.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 JL Order Books Open June 15, 2022 1652398151170
Is that so the people in the backseat can read the icons? Really don't have a problem with touchscreens, but that just looks too big for the dash imo, and the current size displays are more than adequate for the amount of info they need to show.

Sponsored

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
Is that so the people in the backseat can read the icons? Really don't have a problem with touchscreens, but that just looks too big for the dash imo, and the current size displays are more than adequate for the amount of info they need to show.
I totally agree with you. Am I the only one that thinks automakers are getting carried away with these screens??? It's getting a little ridiculous. 8" screen? What? That's not enough. How about 10"?? Let's make it 12" like in the Bronco. Wait! The new Tundra has 14"! How big is the screen in the Tesla??? I'm willing to bet all these Tesla crashes haven't been because of faulty auto pilot. It's because the driver was staring at that huge screen glaring in his face. Enough already with these massive screens. You've pretty much got to get an extended warranty just for these damn screens. Pretty soon, it'll cost you $10k to replace one of these things.

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5; Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
What was Dan Cummins willing to do for a new order?
My ‘22 392 XR window sticker is $85,185; my purchase price was $75,322. I think it was 3% under invoice, but was also price protected (original window sticker of $82,390). Taxes and fees were in addition to the preceding. They could’ve easily sold the Jeep out from underneath me for an extra $15K-$20K, but they didn’t, as they are an honest dealership that moves massive volume (most sales East of the Mississippi if I recall). Highly recommend them - good people. Give Wes a call or drop him a note and have him quote your build:
Wesley Poe
Dan Cummins CDJR
Sales
859-987-5669
[email protected]

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

It’ll be interesting to see how Jeep integrates a 10” unit.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 JL Order Books Open June 15, 2022 1652398151170
Reposition the vents, redesign the HVAC controls into a single row and put it lower. Possibly move some controls into the head unit itself, easy, and that dash remodel becomes the "mid cycle refresh". On a slightly different note I have found that in my JL there is actually *less* room to store things like cell phones, etc. than in my 2006 LJ. I can see this trend continuing.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma
That’s an unbelievable discount. Any catches to get this deal?

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The 8.4 screen is plenty big. The aftermarket has a 10” screen for all of you who have vision problems or who equate luxury with screen size. Or perhaps for those of you who may feel a bit lacking elsewhere.

Sponsored

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4xe Sahara, Ordered '24 Rubicon 392
The 8.4 screen is plenty big. The aftermarket has a 10” screen for all of you who have vision problems or who equate luxury with screen size. Or perhaps for those of you who may feel a bit lacking elsewhere.
I agree. There is no reason to have a larger screen. The current size is more than adequate.

Reactions: AFD

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

I agree. There is no reason to have a larger screen. The current size is more than adequate.
I will be shocked if the larger screen was not part of an extra cost option. This is FCA after all...

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Glad. Mojave, 16 JKU Sahara, 20 Supra
FWIW, and don't run with this but; a close relative is a GM at a dealership and let me know that there is a 90% chance the infotainment upgrade rumor is going to happen, with the top selection being the 10-inch screen, similar to what's in the new Grand Cherokees.

Additionally new wheel options for base models.
Oh boy. I've heard of lot's of issues with the new infotainment in the GC lineup. Also agree that the current 8.4 is big enough.

echelon37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 2022 Gobi on order!
That should be for NEW orders that are being placed after the restriction. Right now they can't order it. In theory if you have a VIN your parts should be allocated. Someone feel free to correct this if wrong.
Can't order a 2.0? I just ordered one on Monday. 🤷‍♂️

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
Can't order a 2.0? I just ordered one on Monday. 🤷‍♂️
Was it accepted and do you have a VIN? I've seen multiple people state they can't order the 2.0T in several threads. I was just replying to the person that was saying it. If the order was accepted then in theory they should be able to get it. I got mine in 4/8 :D Still in D though :(
Sponsored